From the Desk of the Mouth of...The Brain.

Xiao Weng

The Mouth of the Brain Speak'th.

300px-TheBrain.jpg

A few weeks ago, The Brain was blessed with a few members of The Global Security Alliance (known here on out as GSA) in the ol' IRC channel. They were looking for some kind of treaty.

GSA is comparatively small, and the Brain is comparatively wary. Now, anyone who has had to deal with our PON Freelancer (and who hasn't?) will undeniably know he was not terribly keen on this plan.

When it turned out that GSA was in fact looking for a protectorate agreement, the Brain's synapses began firing at nigh-ridiculous levels throughout the cranium. After consultation with the Brain Trust and PONs, the CNS in its braintasmic wisdom decided to draw up a well drafted, finely crafted document to allow GSA to grow peacefully under its wing...er...lobe.

We found some of their members quite friendly, and figured if we could lend a helping hand then why not? Of course it also provides our Minister of Defense a few... toys (wink, wink....nudge, nudge). After all, it's our way of giving back. We were - and in comparison still are - a small alliance. We've seen our share of support from larger friends.

Really, it was a no-brainer.

So here ya have it, in all it's final drafty glory.

The Brain hereby announces that it will be using its brainy tendrils in service of acting as a PROTECTORATE to the good people of the Global Security Alliance (hereby known as "The GSA"). We had a kind hand on our shoulders as we stumbled blind and naked through our infancy, and this is our way of giving back to the community. Or, more accurately, this is our way of giving back to one alliance that is completely unrelated to our protectorate alliance. You get the picture.

And so, without further ado, let's get the boring stuff out of the way:

Article 1, concerning identity retention:

This document doesn't imply that The Brain and The GSA are one alliance. We're just helping a brother out.

Article 2, concerning Protection of the Tendriliest nature:

Duh. The Brain agrees to provide protection for The GSA from both baddies and naysayers. And tech raiders. And jerks.

Article 3, concerning other fun things:

The GSA agrees to participate in tech deals with The Brain. The GSA agrees to consult with The Brain before undertaking any action that would threaten the interests of either The GSA or The Brain. The GSA agrees not to importune people from The Brain. The Brain agrees not to heckle folks from The GSA.

Article 4, concerning treaty breakage:

If either The Brain or The GSA gets all stuck up wants to break off the this protectorate agreement, 48 hours' notice shall be given. An evaluation shall be scheduled 90 days from the date of this treaty's announcement to determine whether the protectorate shall continue, or whether The GSA is ready to set forth on its own, free of the slave-like bonds imposed on it by its cruel protectors (The Brain).

Article 5, concerning asshattery, and related to Article 4:

Any actions by The GSA that do not conform to these boring terms of treatise represent asshattery, and will bring about an immediate enforcement of treaty breakage, sans 48 hour notice. The Brain will then hold its hands up and look around innocently.

There. Now that all that is out of the way, let's have cake. Or pie. Or any other number of delicious desserts. Now, when all is said and done, you may be asking yourself, "Do Brains even *have* tendrils?" Well you just keep asking yourself that question, cowpoke. You just keep asking.

Reminding the gentle peoples of the Cyberverse to stay the hell off my lawn,

Xiao Weng

victormeldrew0410_468x493.jpg

Mouth of The Brain

GSA seems to be in fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntastic hands.

WELL PLAYED SIRS

They are, plans are underway with assistance and development for there growth, well being and hopeful originality.

Our standards are high :)

I'd also like to welcome back from hiatus, Freelancer's personal damage control expert, Xiao good to have you back old friend.

Does this mean I have to behave :P

Edited by Freelancer

They are, plans are underway with assistance and development for there growth, well being and hopeful originality.

Our standards our high :)

I'd also like to welcome back from hiatus, Freelancer's personal damage control expert, Xiao good to have you back old friend.

Does this mean I have to behave :P

Each of your potentially inflammatory responses will be run by me so as to be carefully tailored for maximum enjoyment.

Take that as you will.

You have chosen exceptionally well GSA. The Brain is an exceptional alliance with personality, experienced members and most importantly a strong sense of loyalty and commitment to those they call allies.

A couple of things to know about your Protectors...

1) Xiao's lawn is not to be stepped on.

2) Freelancers bite is worse than his bark.

3) TheRagu loves his beard as do the ladies

4) They dont come any better than Mr3looc and Shane

o/ The Brain

o/ GSA

Damn, well played GSA, you're not going to do much better than The Brain for protectors.

Good to see the Brain is promoting the cognitive and general development of another alliance. Remember lots of Protein! I recommend feeding them doses of KitKatFox for this purpose.

o/ The Brain

o/ GSA

Oh! ooh...oof....*pant*...*pant*...

Sorry, I came running as soon as I heard the post was up, but I am late to the party! (as usual)

Whew. Now that I've caught my breath...I want to say thanks to everyone for the support. To Kait, for the kind words...we both know how beardy I keep my beard :)

/o BRAIN

/o GSA

/o anyone else who deserves /o-ing

Shawing! Now, someone bring me a chair. I need to sit down.