Sand in the Wind

Lavo

"A statement about what? That they didn't cause the protests? We already knew that. Stop warmongering and trying to act significant."

The following statement:

"The Rebel Army will not make war on this situation on the nation of Raochin if Raochin does not make war on the Rebel Army."

They haven't made such a commitment, given the following information from them, I think they should:

A tape plays the private message from Rebel Army out so that the world could hear. Then the phrase from Drakoria was played.

You do realize that we are letting James broadcast what he wants and we won't arrest him?
That they didn't cause the protests? We already knew that.

The broadcasts caused the protests, or given what we know about our Raochin as a nation, we believe that this man caused the protests personally. Raochin lacks such individuals as they have treated their people with great fairness. Maybe you don't know as much about Rebel Army as you'd think. I don't know about them, but WE don't want war. So there, go on get them to make that public statement, I'd like to see their interactions in this affair completely eliminated.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You say you will not fight for what you believe in? You're !@#$%*^, the lot of you. Rebel Army has consistently been one of the greatest, most stable and successful nations in the world, and here you are attempting to slander them because you're unwilling to do your own work. Grow some balls or get out of the political world."

The following statement:

"The Rebel Army will not make war on this situation on the nation of Raochin if Raochin does not make war on the Rebel Army."

They haven't made such a commitment, given the following information from them, I think they should:

A tape plays the private message from Rebel Army out so that the world could hear. Then the phrase from Drakoria was played.

The broadcasts caused the protests, or given what we know about our Raochin as a nation, we believe that this man caused the protests personally. Raochin lacks such individuals as they have treated their people with great fairness. Maybe you don't know as much about Rebel Army as you'd think. I don't know about them, but WE don't want war. So there, go on get them to make that public statement, I'd like to see their interactions in this affair completely eliminated.

"And you know what statement the world wants to hear from 'Aether?'

'We will now stop harassing the world with our petty complaints.'

Give us that statement and cut off contact and I'll see what I can do.

Drakoria? Your ignorance is clear, as Drakoria is no longer the name of our nation.

You're trying mighty hard to pin this on RA. Looking for justification for war?"

The protesters stood their ground, and the kids ran off. They chanted, they spat at the officers, they waited, they screamed praise for Novak and damnation for Raochin. The loyalists waved their signs, some gave speeches of praise for their brothers in Jidda and Ta'if. They gave praise to the government in exile, and they gave praise to the significance Novak will bring to the region once again. They're standing their ground, waiting. Their protesting was working, and people were listening. That was what was important. To nurture the thought of Novak reforming and the thought of Novak making Southern Arabia significant in trade, culture and the world.

OOC: yeah, Zarfef... while we may know the Red Sands are about to be turned into the "Sand in the Wind", (clever girl) OOC'ly... IC'ly we just know RA is allowing the protests to occur.

Don't jump on the giant's back, so to speak... trust me... there will be plenty of time for that when the !@#$ starts hitting the fan...

"And you know what statement the world wants to hear from 'Aether?'

'We will now stop harassing the world with our petty complaints.'

Give us that statement and cut off contact and I'll see what I can do.

Drakoria? Your ignorance is clear, as Drakoria is no longer the name of our nation.

You're trying mighty hard to pin this on RA. Looking for justification for war?"

I don't find our complaints to be petty, we are postulating a war here, war! We do find your dodging of the request to be though. Why would it be so hard for you to ask them to make such a statement. It would only be a justification for war after all if they went to war with us, now wouldn't it. We don't have to pin anything on anyone, why would it be so bad for Rebel Army to make such a statement?

As far as your nation, we apologize, it isn't that we are ignorant, it is simply that we have never really dealt with your nation in the past and frankly take little time to keep up with your insignificant politics, your name being among them.

OOC: I looked at your fact book for quick reference, I can't stay in tune with every nations name in the RP. Unless I deal with them on a geographic manner, I really can't say (it's not like the world map links the nation with the player... it keeps forgetting me for goodness sake)

Edited by Zarfef

OOC: ROFL people are listening, they're listening alright. They're also about to be really pissed about all this listening.

IC: More people came in from more distant parts of the city as a news chopper hovered over the area. The Security force tried to hold the people of Raochin back but they were furious now. With angry drivers and Raochin Loyalists in the lead the people of Raochin charged the protesters and forced them back. The mob of angry Raochinians basically shoved the protesters off the streets and pushed toward the northern city limits. Security forces tried to break it up, but frankly half didn't want to. Franticly the head security officers tried to regain control of the people by shouting through megaphones, but to no avail. Some tear gas was thrown to try and scatter the crowd but it didn't do much. The citizens of Raochin had spoken, and they wanted these protesters out of here.

OOC: ROFL people are listening, they're listening alright. They're also about to be really pissed about all this listening.

IC: More people came in from more distant parts of the city as a news chopper hovered over the area. The Security force tried to hold the people of Raochin back but they were furious now. With angry drivers and Raochin Loyalists in the lead the people of Raochin charged the protesters and forced them back. The mob of angry Raochinians basically shoved the protesters off the streets and pushed toward the northern city limits. Security forces tried to break it up, but frankly half didn't want to. Franticly the head security officers tried to regain control of the people by shouting through megaphones, but to no avail. Some tear gas was thrown to try and scatter the crowd but it didn't do much. The citizens of Raochin had spoken, and they wanted these protesters out of here.

OOC: No, you cannot just push and force my people back in such a manner.

IC:

James turned toward his friend Lavo.

"Friend, I think the Raochin government has allowed their citizens to violently attack Novakian loyalists and citizens. The adult protesters were unarmed, and had not acted violently. It is a shame Southern Arabia has turned into the dump it has. I'll start calling a few good warrior friends of mine and start briefing them on the course of action."

OOC: I can't control what my citizens do to you, you were shouting at my government and blocking a road! And no you can't say that we aren't trying to stop them, the officers are trying to regain peace as hard as they can without inacting violence. oh and if your citizens are nonviolent so are mine, they're just a bit more pushy.

IC: After the outburst by the citizens more security guard showed up and this time they broke up the mob successfully, including the Novak loyalists(unless their immune to tear gas).

"The novakian people would be just in their revolt. Atrocities such as this should be met one for another." - Ryn Atrevier

*Internal*

"Perhaps a conference should be opened to resolve this tension before it boils over..." -Thomas Devereaux

"No... we will stay out of this, let them simmer." - Ryn Atrevier

Edited by iamthey

OOC: I can't control what my citizens do to you, you were shouting at my government and blocking a road! And no you can't say that we aren't trying to stop them, the officers are trying to regain peace as hard as they can without inacting violence. oh and if your citizens are nonviolent so are mine, they're just a bit more pushy.

IC: After the outburst by the citizens more security guard showed up and this time they broke up the mob successfully, including the Novak loyalists(unless their immune to tear gas).

OOC: Dude, seriously? You RP your nation completely. Plus, you JUST DID control them.

OOC: Dude, seriously? You RP your nation completely. Plus, you JUST DID control them.

OOC: And who doesn't? Plus I was being sarcastic, its fairly obvious even if I don't put up giant lights saying "sarcasm" Stop hating on me because you like Voodoo and Lavo better.

And I'm RPing what any Loyal citizens of a nation would do. What would you do if I started saying I had loyalists to some country you haven't heard of till a few days ago and did protests hmm?

Edited by Lord Zephyr

OOC: I think that's a rather minor god mod if any, but it may be somewhat. Although, his people FAR outnumber those protesting (by about several orders of magnitude) and so I imagine they could be pushed back if the came out to do just that... of course, if Voodoo has a counter as to why they can't actually push them back, I'd like him to RP it as though Zephyr were to use the lawyer term "tried".

I also will rescind my previous arguments that I know RA is preparing to invade as my fellow RPer EM pointed out. The conversation was going nowhere anyways.

Also... Drakedeath, OOCwise, you're biased. I'm biased, but so are you :P.

Edited by Zarfef

OOC: And who doesn't? Plus I was being sarcastic, its fairly obvious even if I don't put up giant lights saying "sarcasm" Stop hating on me because you like Voodoo and Lavo better.

And I'm RPing what any Loyal citizens of a nation would do. What would you do if I started saying I had loyalists to some country you haven't heard of till a few days ago and did protests hmm?

OOC: I would RP it out without godmodding.

OOC: I would RP it out without godmodding.

If anything its a minor godmod that if I had done to me I would ignore and post some sort of resistance instead of causing a huge uproar about. Its not like I am saying that is what happened an that there can be no other solution, its just the lack of the word try. And for good measure Zarfef is right, my citizens do outnumber his protesters by alot, unless he dropped a couple of tanks in I think realistically they'd get pushed away. Voodoo chose not to oppose that suggestion that I made in that post, so I assume unless he wants to RP resistance now that my citizens succeeded until the security forces broke them up. Simple as that, nothing wrong with it, I didn't say they all died of a mysterious illness or decided to commit mass suicide, just posting the logical outcome of a situation.

OOC: ENOUGH OOC! PM him or start your thread if you want to cheer Lavo on... sheesh, we ought to have a thread called GO LAVO! and GO ZEPHYR! :P. I think that this should be worked out more OOC over PM from now on or maybe even using IRC, but this entire affair of nuh uhs is starting to show bad sportsmanship in the RP community. Respect, we've all got to give it to receive it.

James sensed the start of something to come. He ordered the loyalists under his command to meet up with Rebel Army troops on the borders. Their job was to act mainly as guides to the region and overall territory. They have been waiting for the day they would fight for Novak, and they knew that day would be coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't stop the inevitable...

That was the one link that echoed in Lavo's head. He knew it was coming. After all, he had started it's plans. Everything had been in place for awhile now. And violence had broken the peace... It seems there would soon be some more sand in the wind. Now it was time for it to happen.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was a bright and boiling day on the Rebel Army-Raochin border, as usual. The heavy military presence hadn't faded in the slightest, and if anything, had grown. The men were active today, and it seemed that it was nearly time for them to march onwards... A few diplomats made a hasty announcement that Rebel Army had declared war on Raochin. They scurried off afterward, avoiding any question that they would be posed. They also made a note that the RA Protectorate would NOT be used as an invasion front, out of respect for it's inhabitants and that it is not RA land. It's time was here.

Army Group 1 was the most southernmost of the initial four land invasion groups (100 000 soldiers, plus armour each). They were to hit the area and strike as quickly as possible, and ensure there was little to no collateral damage done. The troops weren't expecting too much resistance, and any they would find will be swiftly crushed. AG1 also had a handful of Novakian loyalists with them. These men would provide the advancing forces with invaluable intel on the environments they were heading into. They would also avoid or surround any of the Raochin forts, their presence having been being revealed by satellites. As they say, another word for static defenses is scrap metal. Air support would be a key factor in the invasion, ensuring air dominance and doing recce duty. And some tank busting with tactical bombing is always appreciated. The other AGs would have a similar set up and similar mission objectives.

The RN was also in play here. Streaming onwards from ports in Persia, Egypt, and Arabia, they would be essential in controlling the seas and in aiding their amphibious operations. There would be three Rebel Navy Amphibious Forces, each one having 2 CVBGs and a 10 000 man strong amphibious force. The marines would make their landing, and dig in soon after gaining enough of a foothold. Naval aviation and sea artillery would provide the marines with ample fire support, ensuring a (hopefully) successful landing. After securing a foothold, land based forces would be shipped in, and from them more fronts would be made, making life even harder for the defending forces.

The RAF had a fairly simple mission layout. Vipers would be gaining air superiority, UAVs would be doing recce duty, while Orcas would be providing tactical support when needed. Bombers would be hitting AA, airfield runways, and land-based static defenses. Nothing too special, but valuable nonetheless.

The RA Protectorate garrison wouldn't be doing anything. Sure they were stationed at the Raochin border, but then again, the RA was at war. So it wasn't that surprising. Unless the Raochinians fired first, they wouldn't be doing anything. And if Raochin did fire upon the garrison, they would surely regret it.

novaksrebirth2.5.png

Map of the invading forces.

The Novakian loyalists with Army Group 1 were there to provide support, knowledge, and intelligence of the area. Army Group 1 was heading in to a heavily populated area in their route, with Mecca, Jeddah and Taif being the three largest cities. By taking these three cities, they cut off the country's main seaport and heavily demoralize the nation with the taking of the nation's most well known and holiest city.

The Novakian loyalists made sure to notify the Rebel Army forces of old air bases located south of Mecca, about half way to Abha. These were surely run down by now, with the possibility of usable equipment left behind. Since this equipment was designed by Rebel Army, neither the Novakian loyalists or the Rebel Army forces should have an issue using the aircraft and other support planes.

The Novakian loyalists were proud to be fighting for their land, and Rebel Army's assistance made them all more confident in the reasons why they call Rebel Army their brothers.

Emeror Zephyr sat behind a desk, it was a nice desk, made from Mahogany. On it there was a laptop, and on that laptop was information that made him frown. "So he's finally done it eh? Good thing we were expecting him."

--

Fortresses began to fire on the enemy lines coming from the north, but each fort was running a ghost crew, just enough men to fire the artillery and run some of the AA. In most cases there were fewer than 50 men. The rest of the Army was moving into the mountains, setting up in some hastily made bunkers ready to defend against soldiers trying to enter. The men in the fortresses were ready to escape onto the Rail cars at the first sign of mass bombings. The citizens had been evacuated weeks ago and were hiding in the underground roads and the city(a giant underground bunker) under the capital.

--

The Air force quickly lifted off and engaged the Rebel Air.

--

All of the Imperial corps Tankers(150) were in the the red sea, and a group of them blockaded the strait. They were told to ram any Rebel Army ship they could see and detonate the explosives set on them. Most of the Tankers had oil in them as well. The Shore Forts were too shoot at the landing craft if any were to get off and try and destroy any RA ship that gets withing firing range.

--

General Haarahld didn't want to make his move yet, mainly because that mysterious fellow hadn't replied to him. He figured he'd give a little help to his emperor though, and got the launch codes to the Cruise missiles that were ready to fire. He grinned mischeviously as he got to his console in his office, tapped in the codes, aimed them at some of the main body of the army and let them loose. He loved destruction.

OOC: Could I have some numbers, how many troops are you sending at me?

OOC: It starts.

IC: The invasion of Roachin started, and at once the NoN knew they had to back their ally.

The Executive and his General were once again at their positons within Temple Secundus' Control Bunker. They had spent so much time there, that it had unfortunately become a second home to them.

They were aware of their ally's grave plight, but could do nothing until the recently appointed, highly mysterious, and rumoured to be very sexy Joint-Operations Commander of the Red Sands gave the word.

The NoN would first try diplomacy, if only to seem like the rational ones in this war.

*OPEN*

The NoN does not take lightly to unwarranted attacks against a sovereign nation, especially as the victim is a signatory of our Mutual Defence Pact. For peace's sake and at the risk of an even greater conflict, we strongly urge the Rebel Army, long standing beacon of peace and stability in Africa, to immediately CEASE all military operations against the Roachinians and sit down to peace talks. This support of a destabilizing power is beneath you and the NoN does not want to see the RA destroy its reputation unneedingly. We WILL honour the pact we have signed, and urge all nations to condemn this blatant and unnecessary act of aggression.

*SECRET*

120,000 NoN Elite Cadre, Heavy Infantry and Light Infantry have been deployed to the outskirts of the UMS/NoN protectorate accompanied by:

5,000 x NDII Hunter Light Reconnaissance/Fast-Attack Vehicle

3,500 x NDII Thrasher SPAAG

1500 NoN tanks composed of

1000 x NDII Defender Heavy Tank

500 x NDII Devastator Super-Heavy Tank

500 x G6 EDIT: OOC: Because this happened right b4 I declared my real arty in my FB :S

Also accompanying the armoured force is a 2000 strong force of NDII Chaperone Light Tank/IFV

Edited by Executive Minister