Sand in the Wind

Lavo

Aether Empire

Word had hit Zarfef's ear of the recent, quickly stated declaration of war within the confines of his lair's command center. The rooms LED's flipped on to red as a low-lighting status was enacted as the broadcast hit the international air-waves, the wavy lines of the distant signal quickly dissapating as a clearer channel was picked up. On smaller display screens on the IMAX scale presentation, video feeds were pouring in showing the latest intel on troop movements.

Zarfef: I love it when my enemies prove me correct. Let's make a statement to the world.

The lights lowered leaving only one red one shining down over the region where Zarfef remained. He stayed within the thinker position and used his swirvy chair to manuever for dramatic effect, posturing his body to match his charisma.

People of the global community, the images you have seen today represent the begginings of war and an action of cowardice, as even the diplomats themselves hide from what has precipitated. It has come to pass that a terrible deed has been done and it shall and will be met with a terrible force.

I have said in the past, that this would come about

Now I say: If the nation of Rebel Army continues down this perilous path, the work they will render will be so marred with destruction, that none shall recognize it for it's original cause by the time the day has ended. That the world will see the nation of Raochin fight for it's freedom and before this war has ended, even Rebel Army will bleed.

To the citizens of Rebel Army, who will suffer for this capricious fault of their leaders, I implore you to demand peace and end this war. It is you who will suffer the most from their actions as they march on, unabated by your cries. Your chance is now. If you let history loose from your grasp, you are responcible for your own fate, blame no one else for what the heavens will rain down.

And now. The world goes mad.

Aether-Empire

****CLASSIFIED****

(In case you were wondering)

The order to discreetly mobilize wasn't needed. The Aether Empire had made preperations for battle since the nation began and was moved to increased readiness status weeks ago:

In accordance with Aether Defense policies, the mobilization of troops along the Raochin border was seen as a threat to Red Sands and so the nation dropped it's DEFCON level to 2, all long range Banshee missiles were fueled and ready to fire at set theater-specific targets within RA and other possible joining targets like Libya or Scotland in the event that this were somehow to be related to Krieg.

Tanks were mobilized to 70% anti-air munitions and 30% long range artillery and began to mobilize along with the troops. X-37s were sent air-born and Aether Military and Political Personal were moved to safe and remote locations through private tunnels and discreet transportation where necessary. The public was informed that in case of attack, they were to evacuate from locations of critical military importance to avoid getting hit by enemy fire.

Thus, using the cover of a dessert sand storm, the soldiers moved from their barracks into the tunnels and moved on secret orders. These were built off plans built during the consideration of plausible attacks made by potential enemies, contingency plans based off events should they occur in the future. The strategies invoked were built upon Soviet Military attack doctrine and algorythms. To think this meant waves of troops in nicely ordered lines though, would be a naive prescription for complete military defeat, even by the strongest of enemies.

Northern Aether Empire (Southern Raochin Coast)

Approximately 140,000 Aether soldiers moved to the lair defense system and from there into the Raochin tunnel network moving north to secure the regional mountains along the entire western coast. Given that the tunnel system was below ground and unimpeded, they were able to move relatively quickly, setting up wire-based communication systems as they moved through. Information was to be transferred via physical wire, flares or communications envoys. Radio signals would be avoided at all costs (The wires being hidden and set to be tamper-proof (even the EMF signals from the wires would be cancelled out)).

As they quickly deployed they began their war over the electromagnetic spectrum, implementing powerful jamming devices throughout the hidden valleys of the mountains turning RF communication to mush. All electromagnetic spectrum communications were killed in a broad-spectrum manner and the sources would reflect off hardened retransmitters placed within the mountains to turn the EMF fields around the area that would be useful for communications into mesh.

(EG the transmitters are hard to find and in hardened enemy territory and they wipe out electro-magnetic wave communications)

As they arrived before the enemy, they would make sure to mine and booby trap the mountain passes and roads at all points (the main paths for enemy movement) and then they would disperse to some other planned location, but for what it was not yet stated. However, the War Tzars would take the first shots, firing long range artillery that would obliterate distant Raochin and Aether Assigned targets before dissapearing back into the networks before the shells even arrived... there wouldn't even BE an artillery piece in the region where the shots could be presumed to come from by the time they hit. So there would be NO way to find the tanks among the maze of mountains, (especially with camoflauge).

(OOC: He who moves against giants should do so with care :P)

There were approximately 200 of these such tanks in the region.

Thus it would remain until the enemies reached the mountains... then all Hell would break loose.

Southern Aether Empire

In the southern Aether Empire, approximately 100,000 troops were mobilized from their bases into the Aether Tunnel networks and convened with the Nod Networks, where they quickly moved north to meet with the NoN troops just south of Egypt in the UMS/NoN procterate.

2,000 War Tzar tanks were also deployed, 40% in tank mode, 40% in anti-air mode and 20% in artillery mode.

At the border, they would prepare to make this battle truly official and with the NoN launch a massive push into the Rebel Army.

Aether Missile Command

Powerful chemical agents were placed within 20 of the long range Banshee Missiles and the systems were prepared for a full out onslaught onto enemy territory. The missiles remained hidden within the walls themselves of the canyons of northern and southern Aether and could prove useful to provide long range intense fire-power for a full breakthrough manuever or... perhaps something worse.

Aether Air-Force

A-37 Gargoyles, the Aether had built these planes to essentially be equivalents to A-10s. They could fly through hell and back and still make it one piece after delivering their payloads. All the same, it would prove unfortunate for them all to be destroyed by being in the same location and their air patrols since had proved worthwhile in the long run. The planes were moved during the sandstorms underground and moved to locations along the roads where the tunnel network could allow them to rise and take off from the roads themselves.

All planes were armed with air-to-ground missiles and bombs and were prepared to strike various targets on land and first, in the waters around Raochin.

Finally... Zarfef and friends left to the distant regions of the NoN as this could turn out similiar to the UMS battle in Aether Territory once again... they would not be found when that happened. Preperations were also made to evacuate all cities in the region as there was an expectation that by the time the Rebel Army saw what it was really up against, nuclear war might just break out.

Edited by Zarfef

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We have watched, for some time now, as Rebel Army has slowly began losing its honor. In the past, they defended friends that the world saw as evil, though we gave them the benefit of the doubt. After all, one does not see one's friends through a clear glass, but rather tinted shades. Then they did nothing against the conquerors calling themselves Carthage, who overthrew two legitimate regimes on the flimsy excuse of 'liberation.'

Now they THEMSELVES attack another sovereign nation for NO good reason. They have become conquerors themselves. Lavo Shalom (OOC: forgive me if i get the spelling wrong/OOC), I never thought I'd see the day when you attacked someone with no explanation."

~Administrator Richard Anderson

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Official UMS Announcement

[OOC: This may be late. o.O]

We condemn the actions of the Nation of Nod, and that of the Rebel Army, for pursuing such matters of which they have pursued. On the matter of the Nods, the joint protectorate was never intended to be used as a staging point for military operations and, for that matter, was entirely meant to be a demilitarized buffer zone. This is, in fact, a belligerent action against our sovereignty, as one would surmise. However, at the current time, we take no individual stand on this issue, but strongly urge for peace.

Sir,

On the evening of September 12th His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Carthage learned that Rebel Army and Novak Loyalist forces without previous warning either in the form of a declaration of war or of an ultimatum with a conditional declaration of war had attempted an invasion of the nation of Raochin.

In view of these wanton acts of unprovoked aggression committed in flagrant violation of International Law, His Majesty's Ambassador at Rebel Army has been instructed to inform the Rebel Army and Novakian Loyalists in the name of His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Carthage that a state of unity exists between our two nations and the struggle within, and will offer wholeheartedly and unconditionally our support.

I have the honour to be, with high consideration,

Sir,

Your obedient servant,

Alessandro Romano

Edited by Sargun

OOC: SOM, I'm not sure that the NoN's current military movements are well noted, although having the region as a joint protectorate I suppose you could know. Of course, this is some time into this development, but really we are holding time until Lavo is less busy. That's why these threads are less noted on the upper level. I'd make an IC post, but sometimes it's just best to be silent.

OOC: SOM, I'm not sure that the NoN's current military movements are well noted, although having the region as a joint protectorate I suppose you could know. Of course, this is some time into this development, but really we are holding time until Lavo is less busy. That's why these threads are less noted on the upper level. I'd make an IC post, but sometimes it's just best to be silent.

OOC: Bleh, woops. Someone told me one thing. I suppose I jumped the gun. Take it as a warning then, more so than a reaction.

Five carrier groups, along with a mass of transport planes and totaling of about three hundred and fifty thousand ground soldiers (both traveling through air and sea) were being moved into the Red Sea.

OOC: too much stuff to do; i'm moving a metric !@#$ ton of people into the red sea, not going to do anything more specific until I get to talk to Lavo

Five carrier groups, along with a mass of transport planes and totaling of about three hundred and fifty thousand ground soldiers (both traveling through air and sea) were being moved into the Red Sea.

OOC: too much stuff to do; i'm moving a metric !@#$ ton of people into the red sea, not going to do anything more specific until I get to talk to Lavo

OOC: Might I ask HOW you are entering the Red Sea... and also note that any ship movements of this appreciable size would requisite some time to move from Carthage to the red sea, it's not a magic two minute deployment, they have to get there... either you're passing through the straights that the Aether Empire basically owns or through the suez Canal which RA owns. Actually I wasn't even aware one could MOVE something on the scale of an air-craft career through the Suez Canal, so it's quite the news to me :P.

OOC: I'm entering it through water. If I can't go through the Suez I'll just go through the straits, and using the standard time scale I'll still be there by tomorrow.

OOC: You won't be there by tomorrow because for the war we're freezing time until Lavos comes back and the war may go slower or faster in time depending on the posts... wars tend to go slower then regular time in RP because of the detail involved in the events. If you can't go through the Suez Canal, you're going to have to go around flipping Africa to get to the other route and that would take at a minimum a week in the war frame.