The Great War of Arabia

Zarfef

OOC: As noted in Sand in the Wind, this is the War Thread that resulted from this. To avoid OOC banter, I am setting up an OOC thread off the bat located here for your personal whining pleasures (whether you're in this war or not). Let's avoid all OOC wars here and keep any OOC comments directed to individual players limited to PMs. I want to see a good war from this, I've spent a great deal of time working out my strategy and I'm sure Lavo and my allies have as well. I can't always respond immediately as I have tests this week and work from school every week as I'm sure other players do as well. That stated, I'm beginning this thread off by trying something new, creating several IC players to be introduced over the next few threads to show the war from the ground (or maybe the air?) level. EM tried this in the East-African war and I loved his posts, I'm not capable of reproducing such wonderful writing, but I'm going to try the tactic.

IC:

The North Raochin Front, Operation Mountain Bear

Isa gathered his stuff together under the waves of flickering lights from above, the tunnels of Raochin whipping over-head even as he was pushing his back-pack behind him into the rear compartment of the unit transport vehicle. Even as he was doing this, he was still trying to gather together the task of organizing his thoughts in order to psych himself up into doing this (Not as though there was a choice now). The orders had come in, just like that ominous sand storm and all of a sudden, the boring life in the military compound of Northern Aether was no more. The base, which had not seen action since the East African war had been on high alert, since the incidents in Raochin but the peace was beginning to placate their thoughts into believing that this was just a false alarm. Unless that old belligerent goat, Zarfef began war, there wouldn't be any, his friend had told him. That same friend, Haytham, was now checking out their weapons and reviewing his manuals for their communication equipment.

Along the side of the road, perilously close to the packs of soldiers and supplies, wire was being rapidly deployed and hidden below ground, a network being implemented in the fastest time period in history (Or so Isa figured). Isa finished up any organization he could hope in the state of affairs and looked over at Haytham.

Isa: Are you ready for this?

Haytham: As ready as we're going to be. Why? You're not afraid are you?

Isa shook his head and Haytham responded with a nod, overlooking the opportunity to jeer him for his pale face which seemed to point directly towards a different statement. There would be plenty of times to tease him, but now just didn't seem like the time or place. After all, with all the chatter (or rather the tense silence), Commander Emir would soon have more then enough to say. Isa was looking down at his AK-47 now and moving his hand over the unscathed black metallic surfaces, apparently getting himself ready. He was about to actually load it in some insane amount of over-pyching when Haytham put his hand on his.

Haytham: It's not the time friend, we'll have plenty of time for this sort of thing when we arrive.

Commander Emir: ISA! Have you checked through our logistics? I need to make sure that we've got everything and order more for anything else we're missing from command center before we out-move our own wires.

Isa: Yes sir! I already have sir!

Commander Emir: Look through it again and try not to make a mess of things back there!

Haytham: Sir? What are our orders?

Commander Emir: Head north-west.

Haytham: That's it? Don't we know anything else? I'm actually excited to see some action and all we get to do is sit in this thing

Commander Emir: We do, but given the fluidity of the combat situation I've been told to withhold them from all but our second in command, Nadir. If you're bored, help Isa and review our equipment, you'll recognize we're not going on a camping trip by what we've brought along.

Haytham sighed, apparently somewhat apprehensive of the newest recruit, Nadir. Nadir was a cool and collected young man who was apparently being considered for Aether Intelligence. He said few things and made fewer friends. His cool collected nature often ticked off the other recruits and frankly, Haytham disliked him and thought he was sent in to monitor them from above, making sure that everything went according to plan.

Suddenly Emir looked up checking out a set of hand signals from the truck behind them.

Commander Emir: Seems we'll have to pull over a little earlier then we expected. War Tzars are going to pull ahead of us, they have priority. Omran also managed to bring us a few more heavy weapons munitions. He almost seems like he's having fun with this.

Haytham: WAR TZARS?!

The vehicle pulled over to the side of the road at a designated spot and suddenly a door there moved up with it's face on the outside coated in the rock face structure that was there previously (making the door essentially invisible). The three vehicles moved out among the rocks, just fresh within Raochin. Isa looked back over his shoulder between the bags and through the shaft into the road behind them. Several black shapes with red lights glowing ominously beneath the carapaces of armor moved by. Armor rumored to have semi-depleted uranium and three tank guns rumored to use similar style munitions. These rumors were correct as the Aether Empire had been importing the stuff for quite some time and was now making use of it. Only a few older models still lacked the new more advanced systems and weaponry.

Haytham: War Tzars? War Tzars. We can't be planning to move out in a maneuver into the mountains around here if we have war Tzars.

Isa: I never thought I'd live to see them in action up close.

Commander Emir: Sigh. Apparently command sees them as useful, they proved more the valuable in the East African war. Rumor has it they managed to stop a major bombing raid on the capital of the Nation of Nod itself. I can't say WHAT it is that Aether Command plans on doing with them out here, but they must have some versatile plans for them, that is for sure, especially if they are getting priority over us. They're moving awefully fast too, and while I can't see them directly, I imagine they're in high-speed mode until they reach their respective destinations... Alright, I just got the signal, we're to move out again.

The two vehicles moved in rapid succession to get back on the road and then began to move once more, actually, Isa still wasn't ready to see them in action up close. But as his ears popped from the rising and lowering altitude and he drifted off into sleep. Haytham watched him with a slight laughter, Isa seemed hardly ready for war, but in reality, no human being could be. Still, he must have been terribly naive to actually pull himself together enough to sleep, this was truely exciting. He chuckled to himself louder and louder and then as they wouldn't have the chance to do it again for some time, he pulled himself out of the window and cheered gaining the rally of the rest of his squad behind him and setting up a wave down the line.

Haytham: WE'RE GOING TO WAR REBELS! AETHER IS GOING TO WAR!

Edited by Zarfef

As the NoN defensive and *CLASSIFIED* strike-force, reached the North/South front, the NoN immediately initiated Mountainous Maneuver warfare tactics. Tank and infantry groups would follow basic guidelines:

Tempo: Observe-Orient-Decide-Act.

The NoN field commanders have been instructed to follow this "loop" when considering courses of action. Such a basic framework will result in faster overall decisionmaking.

NoN forces in the mountains, when facing oncoming RA forces, will take into consideration many things as fast as possible.

1) Before the forces actually contact, the men will consider any available information about the likely identity and make up of the enemy. Also, things like nationality, level of training and cultural traditions will come into play.

The RA forces come from a highly-developed world leading nation, thus they will be arrogant and judge the NoN to be inferior. Training will be high, but such reliance on technological advancements would show through. Cultural traditions indicate a shock-and-awe strategy, with brute force.

The NoN will thus act brashly, and surprisingly aggressive for someone that would be expected to be submissive, within the confined reaches, plateaus and mountain passes. Such moves would shock or at least befuddle RA troops and commanders.

NoN tanks will lie in wait, especially true for NDII "Defender' Heavy tanks and their AH-DM systems. NoN forces will always try to stay in close proximity of RA forces, especially tanks, where they may be ambushed by demolitions teams even as they are engaged by NoN tanks. Such closeness will negate technological advances in targetting and also the air superiority of the RA by forcing collateral damage if they choose to strike.

2) When contact is engaged, more direct info is gleaned - the speed of enemy advance, size, and composition become wholely, or un-wholey known. Typical movements may include digging in to avoid the incoming air-superiority fighter-bombers and their light ordinance. NoN SPAAG's, in turn would focus on taking down low-flying air such as helicopter gunships, and high priority, yet low maneuverability heavy/strategic bombers. As these actions are played out, the enemy's reactions are also taken into account, even as the actions of the NoN are in progress - are they targetting our RADAR's, our tanks? Are the rushing into our prepared ambush positions with infantry? Are they simply trying to roll over us? Such actions will allow NoN commanders to give orders that would otherwise befuddle RA commanders and interrupt their own, similar decision-making processes. Such unpredictable stabs will help create openings the otherwise "inferior" NoN can use to cause serious damage.

Flexibility: The NoN forces will be well maintained, with supply's hidden throughout the mountain passes. Also, due to the unique command structure of the NoN, communications and command will be entirely redundant.

Mobile radars will be deployed and will utilize an old "SAM trap" doctrine. NoN surface to air missiles will remain deactivated, with a radar system being active. As the enemy tries to knock out the site via air launched ARH or SARH missiles, the radar system will be shut off while another, differently located radar goes online. This radar will be used to target another differently located SAM launcher, which will engage the aircraft. After this web is completed, regardless of outcome, all units will displace to avoid more careful scrutiny by subsequent flights or ground forces.

G6 mobile artillery systems will serve two distinct positions.

1) Using their well known Multiple Rounds, Simultaneous Impact (MRSI) modes, individual pieces, when notified of enemy prescence will fire five rounds, all with varying trajectories and propellant levels. The result is the simultaneous impact of 5 155mm rounds on any area within 25 km. (OOC: Amazing, huh)

2) Using the G6's mobile platform, as soon as the shells are launched, the unit will displace. Often times, stationary artillery is targetted by counter-battery fire even before its own rounds have hit their mark! Scrambled fighter-bombers are only capable of a cursory fly-by, and require more time to reach the area.

NoN Infantry will be armed with an increased amount of mountain artillery (easy to disassemble and transport light artillery guns) and mortars. They will follow similar tactics as the G6 to harrass incoming forces and opponents behind obstacles. Shoulder-fired anti-air missiles will be wide-spread, to counter low flying strafe runs amongst the mountain passes and valleys.

Overall, there will be little, to no stationary defences. NoN troops will be mobile, and constantly moving under cover.

Decentralized command: Rapid changing situations may out pace communications. Lower levels must understand overall intent. That is the overall goal of the force, and as such the loss of a field commander will not result in the loss of NoN unit cohesion and tactics. Furthermore, all communications will be done in-person and through hidden, and protected wire, to mirror Aether actions. Similar wide-spectrum RF jammers will be deployed throughout the canyons and passes, resulting in ZERO radio communication and wireless at all.

*classified*

The majority of Raochin Troops Have been positioned in the mountains and are moving along the underground roads and Rail cars. Tanks are being positioned to the north to engage incoming troops and west to combat any forces landing from the red sea. The Tankers are still on high alert looking for targets and are ramming all RA and now Carthage ships entering the red sea. The straits are heavily guarded and almost completely blocked by the tankers. Every port city has ten tankers at it and a hundred are wandering the sea looking for targets. All port Fortresses are on High alert and are ready to fire at any incoming ships. The Air force is at the same status.

The emperor was not sitting idle in his castle while his troops were being attacked. No he was at the forefront of the troops. The Imperial Guard was integrated into the army and armed with M4 assault rifles(which they had before I lost modern tech) and taking pot shots at trees. The standard army was suited up with regular combat armor and helmets, so the Five guard captains and the emperor walking amongst them was quite the sight. A Colonel and General walked beside Zephyr.

"How are the northern fortresses holding up to their infantry?" Zephyr asked the General.

"So far the troops haven't gotten past it sir, but their being cautious, I don't think they've launch a full assault yet."

He turned to the colonel, who was second in charge of the red sea front. "What of their marines, how many have made landfall?"

"We can't tell right now, we think we've gotten most of them but a few might've slipped through. If they have there isn't a lot of them."

The emperor nodded to both of them and they left to go to their duties. He stopped at cliff edge and looked out at the mountains in front of him. The head of the imperial guard stood beside him, both of their white armor shining in the sun. "What do you think of this Merlin?" The emperor said to the captain.

Merlin, who had his helmet off at the time, scratched his chin, thinking for a moment. "This is just the calm before the storm, we must thank aether for their warning with that satellite. Otherwise we might not have gotten everyone out in time. I think we'll be able to hold the sea fronts long enough, the north I'm not so sure. We have quite a few advantages though, we know the terrain, and we control most of the resources in the area. We certainly might be able to pull this off."

Zephyr nodded and turned back to the camp, there was still much to do.

OOC: Seeing as Lavos is away, I may as well post how my forces are being set up in a more thorough manner. The first set represents the Raochin Front (Where I have my forces stationed in the mountainous region closes to Africa, while the second set represents the Egyptian Front for the Aether Empire.

****CLASSIFIED*****

TOPIC: CURRENT STANDING ORDERS FOR OPERATION MOUNTAIN BEAR

MISSION STATEMENT: THE GOAL OF THIS OPERATION IS TO HOLD OFF ALL HOSTILE ENEMY FORCES ENTERING INTO THE REGION OF RAOCHIN AND PREPARE FOR A FULL COUNTER-OFFENSIVE BY MEANS OF HEAVY ATTRITION OF THE ENEMIES ABILITY TO WAGE WAR. THIS IS A DEFENSIVE OPERATION TO PRIME THE WAY FOR A FUTURE OFFENSIVE AGAINST REBEL ARMY ITSELF.

First Echelon Forces

First echelon forces are expected to have iminent direct enemy contact within the period of the next several hours. Your forces are composed of 100,000 troops and 60 War Tzar Tanks. All War Tzars are to be set to direct tank fire mode with alternate side units set to direct fire mode as well.

Primary Setup Goals Include:

-Orientating your forces to the terrain and opening up and maintain wire-based communications to command while maintaining EMF jamming systems.

-Setting up towable artillery within the rear along with towable surface to air missile systems

-Utilize terrain masking, overlooks on all passes and roadways and unreachable terrain via the Raochin Tunnel system to allow for future strategic opportunities (e.g. ambushes, fire-sacks and in order to support the fire-line).

-Implement front line scout forces in squads of six to locate, meet and slow the enemy advance for the front lines and to allow for continual usage of our fire-support systems against units.

-Set up and implement false strategic targets to overwhelm and confuse enemy intelligence units using blow-up War-Tzars, artillery pieces and fake missile launch towable units.

OOC: ala (http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2009/8/6/russian-blow-up-tanks-pic-sm-784358061.jpg)

Primary Ground Defensive Operations Upon Contact:

-Utilize all available munitions of high strategic depth to destroy the enemies fire-support capabilities. Command control has been given authorization to utilize 20 A-37 Gargoyle attack aircraft (to be located 20km behind the front), helicopter unit transports and 5 long range Banshee missiles for this purpose. The utilization of rocket based towable artillery has also been authorized from second echelon forces as these weapons are particularly good for the destruction of enemy artillery pieces.

-All first echelon forces are to implement triple strategic fronts in order to wedge the enemy combat units into our unmovable forces. Only a commanding officer can order a retreat. Utilize the enemies momentum to implement fire-sacks or ambushes from higher unreachable passes.

-Utilize IEDs to halt enemy progression and implement heavy fire-support on the static mountain ledge forces whenever possible to thin enemy ranks.

-All forces are to implement fire-lines to destroy the enemies armored reserves prefferably hitting them where it will stop their troop movements (such locations are dense within mountainous regions). War Tzars should utlize a 60 seconds of fire when attacking enemy tanks before sinking back into the tunnels where they should base their operations continually.

-In all direct contact operations with the enemy forces, ground troops should fight to hold every inch of land and use every available means open to their individual units to demoralize and terrify the enemy. For such ends (especially when the enemy must cross valleys in large numbers) command has been given over 5 CBR chemical weapon Banshee missiles to be launched from the rear of the second Echelon which are currently hidden within Raochin's Tunnel Networks.

Primary Air Defense Operations Upon Contact

-Enemy fixed wing, and helicopter units attacking our fire-support systems should be given priority over those attacking the front.

-War Tzar fire and ground based personal missile systems should be continually honed on enemy air-units from positions that utilize terrain masking to hide the fire point and all such units should always be in continuous mobility.

-The primary goal of ground fire support is to keep enemy air-fire support systems in a continuous state of avoidance of our weapons and providing them with less opportunity to provide the fire support their mission needs while keeping them above terrain masking to provide second echelon forces a chance to shoot them down.

-If possible utilize ground based fire support to draw enemy air-based units into the line of fire for ground based heat-seeking missiles (broad spectrum EMF jamming will make the task of searching for our ground fire a matter of by-sight only) which will be used to strike down the enemy air-units.

-Friendly units should utilize terrain masking effects to fly in and strike their targets on the ground taking only 30-60 seconds to complete their missions before flying back below the terrain masks and using the contours of the mountains to return to base.

-High altitude heavy bomber units used for carpet bombing should having directed EMF signals aimed at them to jam GPS guidance measures while War Tzars and anti-air batteries within the second echelon should be used to take them down using long range missiles.

Second Echelon Forces

Second echelon forces are expected to have indirect enemy contact within the period of the next several hours to days. Your forces are composed of 40,000 troops and 140 War Tzar Tanks. 30% of war Tzars should be set to long range missile mode 20% to long range artillery mode and 50% to anti-air defenses using heat-seeking missiles (20% for long range against high altitude bombers).

Primary Setup Goals Include:

-Set up and protection of logistics transport for the supply of the first echelon.

-Implement large scale false intelligence operations using fake War Tzars, artillery pieces, A-37s, base setups, anti-air sites and radar systems to overwhelm and confuse the enemy intelligence gathering operations.

-Providing fire support and weapons deployment against enemy air and enemy fire-support systems.

-Setup anti-tank and anti-personel mines along critical points of enemy movement (but not along paths of retreat for friendly forces).

-Continually check and manage the front line communications lines and keep reserve flares in case of communications failures.

-Maintain full spectrum EMF jamming over all territories under the command.

-Prepare to mount full counter-offensive operations at the termination of the operation against enemy forces in a breakthrough manuever in coordination with the first Echelon in order to facilitate the beginning of the offensive campaign.

-Interaction with enemy ground forces should be sporadic as the primary front operations are falling to first echelon forces, but in the event of a breakthrough, forces should be utilized to mount their own defensive operations and use a large scale fire-sack to destroy the enemy forces.

-Fire support systems have the highest priority in this defensive measure.

-Further orders will be given at the time of the offensive.

-Continuous anti-air support should be provided for to defend the first echelon and fire support systems of the second echelon.

-War Tzar Tanks should continually mount their attacks from within the tunnel networks and all anti-air support systems and fire-support systems should use terrain masking to maximize their potential against these foes.

-Attacks launched from the second echelon should focus on opportunities where the enemy can be drawn into a line of fire for second echelon attack systems but in the event that enemy forces target the second echelon directly, they should be used (in addition to short range and ground based fire) to drive enemy planes from achieving their goals.

UPON OPERATIONAL SUCCESS:

THE OPERATION WILL ACHIEVE SUCESS WHEN REBEL ARMY SURRENDERS AND ENEMY FORCES CEASE FIRE, OR UPON THE COMPLETION OF OPERATION MOSES WITHIN EGYPT. AT THE COMPLETION OF OPERATION MOSES, ALL FORCES SHOULD PREPARE TO LAUNCH A FULL COUNTER-OFFENSIVE TO BRING THE BATTLE INTO REBEL ARMY TERRITORY. THERE RETREATING FORCES SHOULD BE THINNED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE USING IEDS AND MINES FROM FRIENDLY FORCES THAT WILL MOVE BEHIND ENEMY LINES TO IMPLEMENT THESE OPERATIONS ON COMMAND.

OPERATION MOSES WILL ************* ****************** **********CLASSIFIED********************* ********************. THIS WILL POSSIBLY TERMINATE THE WAR AND RESULT IN ***************** ************* ************ CLASSIFIED ************ *********. NEEDLESS TO SAY, IT WILL PROVE TO BE A CRUSHING BLOW AND AT THIS POINT REINFORCEMENTS FROM NEW DRAFTEES, NEW WAR TZARS AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES IMPLEMENTED IN THE WAR TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM WILL TAKE EFFECT GIVING US A STRONGER EDGE THEN EVER BEFORE. WITH SUCH A CRUSHING BLOW AS PROVIDED BY OPERATION MOSES AND YOUR MASSIVE ATTRITION OF ENEMY FORCES, VICTORY CAN AND WILL BE ACHIEVED AND ZARFEF'S THREATS WILL BE MADE MATERIAL BY YOUR HAND. HISTORY IS AT YOUR FEET, TURN IT IN YOUR FAVOR!

OOC: In the process of editing, I'll provide stats on Operation Moses later (need to do more school work first).

Edited by Zarfef

****CLASSIFIED*****

TOPIC: CURRENT STANDING ORDERS FOR OPERATION MOSES

MISSION STATEMENT: THE GOAL OF OPERATION MOSES IS TO IMPLEMENT A SUCESSFUL MAJOR ASSAULT INTO REBEL ARMY TERRITORY IN ORDER TO ***************************************************

CLASSIFIED*****************************. THEN UPON COMPLETION WE ARE TO ********************************** *********************CLASSIFIED******************** **********. THE USAGE OF THIS TYPE OF HEAVY HANDED ALL OUT WARFARE WILL PROVE TO BE A MAJOR DEFEAT FOR THE ENTIRETY OF REBEL ARMY AND PROVING OUR LEADERS WORDS THAT WE WILL MAKE THEM BLEED TO BE TRUE. IT IS ONLY FOR THIS REASON THAT THE USAGE OF SUCH POTENT CHEMICAL WEAPONS HAS BEEN FULLY AUTHORIZED AGAINST CIVILIAN TARGETS.

OUR VICTORY HERE IS KEY TO THE SUCCESS OF THE ENTIRE REGION AND THE FULL RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO THE AETHER EMPIRE WILL BE BEHIND YOUR ATTACKS.

First Echelon Forces

First echelon forces are expected to have iminent direct enemy contact within the period of the next several hours. Your forces are composed of 70,000 troops and 700 War Tzar Tanks. 50% of these War Tzars are to be in direct fire mode to support the fire line and destroy contacted enemy tank forces while 40% will work in coordination with the towed artillery to provide a massive force projection upon enemy forces to implement the breakthrough and destruction of all enemy forces contacted. The Remaining 10% is to implement surface to air missile batteries in order to defend against the enemy air-force. However, this is an offensive operation so defensive manuevers should not be engaged in. You will also have control over 30 A-37 Gargoyles for this mission, essentially equivalent to the A-10 Thunderbolt, these planes are built to be tough and provide heavy ground support, but they will do nothing against enemy air units.

Primary Objectives Include:

-Break through the enemy front lines in the initial surprise assault to push as deep into enemy territory as possible without moving ahead of one's logistics.

-Utilize Chemical Banshee missiles and A-37 strike units to poison all water sources where enemy forces are gathering to regroup a counter-offensive. (The chemical weapons are both lethal to humans and destructive to tanks which use the water for a coolant.

-Maintain a strong scout front ahead of the first echelon to direct fire from the rear artillery and fire support systems against direct contact forces.

-Jam all radio frequencies to elliminate any enemy broadcasts alerting their higher command of the assault and use A-37 to strike all communication lines and destroy all fire-support locations including air-fields and battery locations.

-Control all primary nearest water-ways to force the enemy forces to use supply units to transport water to them.

-Set up mobile fake tank structures to confuse the enemy forces on contact and draw fire away from our forces from fire-support units.

OOC: ala (http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2009/8/6/russian-blow-up-tanks-pic-sm-784358061.jpg)

CLASSIFIED MAIN OBJECTIVE:

-********************** *************************CLASSIFIED***************** *******************.

-******************* *************************CLASSIFIED***************** *******************.

-******************* *************************CLASSIFIED***************** *******************.

(Special units may be given specific orders in reguards to these orders, there goal is to produce a strong defensivable structure as ordered focussed around the river Nile in order to use tactics similiar to those employed by the Dragon Empire on the Northern Aether shores during the East African Wars).

Primary Air Attack Operations

-All freindly air-force units are to move at a low altitude to engage specified targets and should linger for no more then 30 to 60 seconds in an assault with each future assault happening in rapid sucession from various angles to confuse and disorient the enemy who is attempting to resist.

-Priority for all fire-support systems goes towards the destruction of communication in the first part of the war, but once it is apparent that the enemy knows of our arrival we will use our full force to focus on his fire-support capabilities and then strike and take out their front ground forces.

Second Echelon Forces

Second echelon forces are expected to have indirect enemy contact within the period of the next several hours to days. Your forces are composed of 30,000 troops and 1,300 War Tzar Tanks. 30% of war Tzars should be set to long range missile mode 20% to long range artillery mode and 50% to anti-air defenses using heat-seeking missiles (20% for long range against high altitude bombers).

Primary Objectives

-Set up and protection of logistics transport for the supply of the first echelon.

-Maintain and secure all local water supplies and ensure the purity of the mix for the distribution among the troops.

-Implement large scale false intelligence operations using fake War Tzars, artillery pieces, A-37s, base setups, anti-air sites and radar systems to overwhelm and confuse the enemy intelligence gathering operations.

-Providing fire support and weapons deployment against enemy air and enemy fire-support systems.

-Setup anti-tank and anti-personel mines along critical points of enemy movement (but not along paths of retreat for friendly forces).

-Continually check and manage the front line communications lines and keep reserve flares in case of communications failures.

-Maintain command and control over chemical CBR weapons for deployment on the front lines along with multiple warhead missiles.

-Prepare to mount full counter-offensive operations at the termination of the operation against enemy forces in a breakthrough manuever in coordination with the first Echelon in order to facilitate the beginning of the offensive campaign.

Main Objective:

-Upon the implementation of the first echelon's main objective we are expecting a large scale assault from enemy forces in which case we must move more forces back to the second echelon and use the resources secured to push them back... if we push long enough this battle WILL be a sucess, but this second component will require a much larger fire support unit and upon completion the second echelon will become the first in a massive breakthrough manuever to be ordered by higher command.

-At this point the goal is simple.

TAKE ALL OF EGYPT AND ACQUIRE CONTROL OVER THE SUEZ CANAL.

-Interaction with enemy ground forces should be sporadic as the primary front operations are falling to first echelon forces, but in the event of a breakthrough, forces should be utilized to mount their own defensive operations and use a large scale fire-sack to destroy the enemy forces.

-Fire support systems have the highest priority in this defensive measure.

-Further orders will be given at the time of the offensive.

-Continuous anti-air support should be provided for to defend the first echelon and fire support systems of the second echelon.

-Without the availability of a large amount of terrain masking elements in this desert enviroment, we will focus more on camoflauge and fire-support from continuosly mobile targets.

-Upon the reactivation of local EMF signals, heavy NoN RADAR should be used in conjunction with local RADAR stations and SAM sites should be utilized to take down all enemy air units.

-It is critical to keep the enemy from locating our own fire support centers and bases of operation so a large scale effort is needed to implement false intelligence that will overwhelm enemy forces.

MAIN AIR DEFENSE ORDER:

-Utilize *******CLASSIFIED******* to claim full air superiority over the entirety of Egypt using *****CLASSIED***** Systems that will elliminate all stealth features of every air-craft in the region.

UPON OPERATIONAL SUCCESS:

THE OPERATION WILL ACHIEVE SUCESS WHEN REBEL ARMY SURRENDERS AND ENEMY FORCES CEASE FIRE, OR UPON THE FULL IMPLEMENTATION OF OPERATION MOSES AND THE ACQUISITION OF THE REGION OF EGYPT. YOU SHOULD EXPECT A STRONG SET OF REINFORCEMENTS UPON THE COMPLETION OF THE OPERATION ALONG WITH NEWER MORE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AS BEING IMPLEMENTED BY AND RESEARCHED BY AETHER TECHNOLOGICAL RESOURCES AS WE SPEAK.

YOUR ARE THE SWORD OF THE AETHER EMPIRE. WITH THE SUCESS OF YOUR MISSION, THE WORLD WILL NEVER AGAIN MOCK THE NAME OF THE AETHER EMPIRE WITHOUT LATER HIDING THEIR HEAD BENEATH THEIR CLOAKS! NEVER HAS HISTORY OFFERED SO GRAND AN OPPORTUNITY TO DEFEAT SUCH A GREAT FOE AS HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY YOUR COMMANDING OFFICER VON ZUK. SOON YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED FOREVER WITHIN HISTORY!

Edited by Zarfef

Ibraham sighed as he slung his rifle over his back. It had been a long day for him and the rest of AG1, racing down the cruel Arabia deserts. Ever since the Balkan War, he had been glad that the RA had been on the offensive, rather then an unforgiving and brutal defense, unlike many soldiers. He was also glad that more totalitarianism would perish, and that this war had a clear and legitimate reason. The soldier glanced around at his fellow squad members in his TPC and closes his eyes for a bit...

Abdul nudged the tired man and spoke up. "Don't fall asleep now, we will be getting off soon enough." Ibraham shrugged and yawned. "Yeah, yeah, I know. But can't a guy get a little bit of shut-eye?" His friend shook his head at Ibraham's stupidity, they both knew better then that. "Yeah, maybe in you dreams, but not here, not now."

Ibraham crumbled before stretching. He didn't reply, knowing that he was wrong. Instead he put his helmet on and adjusted his armour a bit, making sure everything was in place. The four hundred thousand strong force invading Raochin was far more numerous and powerful then they, but that didn't mean the job would be easy. Especially with word coming in about turbulence on the Egyptian border.

After around another twenty minutes of uneventful silence their commander barked up. "Troops! Get up! We're almost at the unloading point." All the men groaned, many stretched. Ibraham grabbed his Shalam and shoved a clip into it. Commander Saleh started going on once the troops were all paying attention. "Intel says there's some Raochin forces up ahead. We're going to rat them out. And don't underestimate your foes. Sure you might have fancy tech and training, but that means jack-$%&@ when your enemy got you in his sights and you have no $@!*% clue he does. Now move it!" The door opened up and the squad piled out, cautious and ready. At least, as ready as anybody can be for war.

---------------------------------------------------

The RA AG's would being moving at a steady pace. Not blitzkrieg speed, but a decent pace, as the deserts (esp. when there are any traps) are unforgiving to those who try to zoom through them. The AGs and RAF would also do some ECM and ECCM work, trying to blast Red Sands communications and ensure their own coms work.

Over the high seas the RN kept progressing to the shores, as planned. Any and all Red Sands vessels be blasted on sight. Sure these guys had no navy, but that didn't there wasn't a threat or two lurking. They were slacking in their planned schedule, command was not amused. On the other hand, none of them suspected such resistance.

Meanwhile, the heavy bombers of the RAF had been proven to be rather useless in this conflict. The only static defense the Red Sands had were the forts, and those things would only be attacked when they became an issue. Vipers patrolled the skies virtually unopposed, still yet to encounter any notable resistance. UAVs were preforming admirably, providing troops with uptodate and accurate intel. Those buggers would save the lives of many. The Orcas were constantly active. Whenever a solid target was identified, they would be the ones that would get sent out, their 30mm DU cannons could rip anything to shreds.

High Command was afraid about Egypt. Sure the UMS wasn't happy about it and sending in forces to the joint protectorate, but who knows if that would be enough stop NoN from invading? Hitting the RA proper with ground forces would mean catastrophic PR, and far less political will to fight, now and in the future. Thus, the generals figured that sending more boots on the ground would be a good thing, and after re-positioning the Egyptian forces and reinforcing them, the border would have some 400 000 troops total. They were ordered to stay on the defensive. Rebel Army had said they planned to take Raochin and liberate Novak, nothing more. And they they would keep their word, unless other circumstances came up.

OOC: Okay, here is the post... The references to the OT by the way are there because it sounds cool and actually has a lot to do with the story as you'll see later. I planned all of this in my head quite some time ago, so it will be interesting to see how it meets real combat.

IC:

For the Aether Empire, the war began with in a most poetic manner not yet described by words, a single missile launch from their northern shores would sway and rivet across the skies a trail of hot white gas expanding behind it as it came it turned from the heavens and gazed it's hatred upon the Earth. The banshee, true to it's mythos screamed out before exploding high-high over a group of RA soldiers as guided from a distant mountain recon group via infrared laser. The bomblets exploded themselves over the group an instant later leaving not explosions but burning hot chemicals that would sear the lungs and tear at the skin, blind the eye. A shot, heard around the world as war broke like an ice cold glass thrown quickly upon the boiling hot sands of that desert.

Moments later, even as forces simultaneously in Operation Moses and Operation Mountain Bear were given orders to commence their assault from their hiding positions, Zarfef began his broadcast to the leader of Rebel Army, standing in front of a draped Aether Empire Flag and rained down upon with a brilliant red light. He looked deep into the camera with a dark look in his eye and smiled as if he knew far too much.

Zarfef: And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh; and Aasron they brother shall be thy prophet.

Zarfef: Thou shalt speak all that I command thee; and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.

Zarfef: And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt. But Pharaoh shall not hearken to you,

Zarfef: Now, I come to you. Lavo Shalom. And I say, let Zephyr's people go, release the nation of Raochin and send your men back to Rebel Army.

The scene of the missile strike, if there was terror, panic, pain or mass destruction or chaos would now be broadcast...

Zarfef: For what you have seen today is only the weakest of the plagues of Aether and if you continue to take this path, the day will come when it will forever haunt your future. I have said, that if Rebel Army continues down this path, it will bleed. If it continues down this path, it will, I shall bring it into being. So I say again. Let Zephyr's people go.

Then the screen faded to black with the image of the Aether Empire Flag held on it. It was apparently broadcast from a remote setup tower along the Aether Empire, but was powered by a remote wire broadcast system, there was no way of telling where Zarfef actually was or even if it was a pre-recorded message. He was in fact, long gone just after the war had began.

Within the Saruwat Mountains and along the Egyptian Border, the orders as they were noted were followed through to the fullest detail. Already within the Saruwat Mountains, multiple ambushes were initiated using the full weight of War Tzar Artillery, Missile support and recently set up regular artillery to bring as much damage as possible in the moments surprise of letting Rebel Army know they were there and they came to kill. During the first days of the war, the Aether Empire based mountain combat into three distinct points of opportunity.

1. Mountain Ridge regions of movement

2. Mountain Valley regions of movement

3. Mountain fork regions of movement

These strategic opportunities were to be made frequent use of whenever enemies were noted to be traveling in that direction by scout units preparing the information for the first echelon. As often as the tunnels allowed it, the soldiers would move using them, otherwise, they would make use of helicopter transport from friendly territory if the high ground was needed using terrain masking to keep out of sight and having enough War Tzars in anti-air mode on the second echelon to turn the sky in a blazing swarm of swirling flames, other times, small caves were dug out by the men themselves using the three dimensional nature of the terrain to maneuver themselves however they could gain an advantage. That was to say, it wasn't one-hundred-thousand soldiers fighting a solid front war but one-hundred-thousand sneaking around rocks, firing from cliffs, taking their initial surprise attack for all it could get them while the fire-support systems would land as they directed, often not being able to keep up with the requests.

Several strategic plans from the event could be noted for historical purposes and are here as references of the Aether's small scale military strategy for three such battles, as they were planned in advance of oncoming enemy troops in the mountains.

Mountain Ridge Battle Plan

Battle3.jpg

Steps

1. Fire-line and IEDs target the front of the moving column while machine gun infantry provide fire support with heavy machine guns.

2. Artillery from mortars or perhaps air-support strike the column, with the mortars targeting via the observations of the front infantry and with the points of fire focusing on active dangers and moving from the rear to the front to close in from both sides.

3. Rear support arrives and moves in from the back to box the enemy in and use the terrain to hold their ground while the front moves to provide a strong defense which will provide fire support to destroy the rest of the forces there.

Mountain Valley Battle Plan

Battle2.jpg

Steps

1.Conventional weapons and flamable materials are used to set up a fire-wall at the front of the collumn and send the front into chaos.

2. Forces using terrain masking of the peaks of the valley use mortar and fire-line support along with infantry machine gun fire to supress and strike the enemy with a heavy chemical weapons strike using a Banshee (creating a fire-sack).

3. Set off fireweapon from the rear of the enemy making sure that the attack is set up along a route where the enemy is moving uphill the whole way so that the fire rises up to meet the front fire and crush them in between.

4. Add fuel.

Mountain Fork Battle Plan

Battle1.jpg

Steps

1. Enemy comes to a fork and makes a choice of which path to take (fake plastic tanks are placed down one road at a distance to create a choice).

2. Recon denotes the path chosen and as they move down that path the forces deploy to the alternate path using a well hidden tunnel system (the enemy cannot be allowed to find it is there).

3. As the enemy approaches the smallest point on that path, detonate explosives there forcing them to stop.

4. The forces set up on the other side begin fire support using mortars to bombard the enemy movements.

5. Air power is used from behind to bring down a bombing run on the enemy forces while they are surpressed by the mortars.

6. Recon meets up with mortar units.

7. Base and second IED at other pass are blown as the units retreats using this as a long term delay to regroup with the main front which uses the opportunity to commence heavy fire support on the enemy.

In all such cases, the goal was to stop the movement of enemy forces (that had already been slowed down by attacks from front recon and observed for their capabilities and beaten up by long distance fire-support to thin them while support could be directed) after giving them a break that gave them a moment to breathe as though they'd broken through. Then the front line would be cut off using the mountainous terrain to block or impede troop movement and then implement the fire-line and fire support to rain down their full arsenal in a rapid period to prepare them for being struck by a heavy handed blow from the front.

All fire lines and units were supported with anti-air shoulder mounted missiles as well so that these small groups could wipe out any enemy air-support that made itself present. Radio (especially at these locations at the start of the attack) was always to be blocked through wide-spectrum jamming to avoid giving the enemy a chance to inform command of the situation. The goal was to isolate the front line of the enemy and destroy them upon contact while leaving command with nothing to know. If the command came to retreat though, they would move back to the tunnels of Raochin and move to mount further attacks as they were ordered.

Interestingly enough, our small group was part of just one of these battles and lived to tell about it, the mountain ridge battle plan along some nameless stretch of road in a battle whose name has not yet been determined. However, there story will come soon, events elsewhere were even more important...

Edited by Zarfef

OOC: Welcome back Lavo! (And to think just when I'm starting to get busy). Well I'll start working on a post to drop here soon in an edit as an OOC comment really stinks.

OOC: It's alright, don't rush. Odds are I'll be posting war posts weekly, Jewish holiday permitting.

"There you see em?"

"Yea, I got them now."

"Should we open fire?"

"Not yet, wait for more of them."

The first soldier nodded and waited. The fortresses were a good idea, but with the RAF having the upper hand in dog fights upstairs meant that bombers could blow up every single one of them. Thats why Qual and Mees were out of the fortress. While the fortresses had kept up artillery fire, small two man recon squads were patrolling the areas around enemy encampments. Their goal wasn't to take out the squads, but to target leaders, and if possible kill them.

"You got yours?" Qual said as he level his sniper on the target.

"Only if you got yours." Mees replied.

The dull thumps of artillery whispered through the night. As the sniper pair began to pull their triggers a shell wizzed overhead and landed directly in front of the squad. The bullets let out a silenced crack and disappeared in the smoke from the blast making circles where they had entered.

"We'll have to thank Gunny for that shot."

"C'mon, we've got to hit at least two more before sunset."

--

Raochin tanks were patrolling the northern mountains looking for targets, securing defensive positions and providing the bulk support for the front line.

--

The Imperial Corporation ships sighted one of the RN battle groups and arranged a meeting of sorts.

"Captain, enemy ships in sight."

"Right, be ready, we don't know if they'll fire on commercial vessels yet, be ready for anything."

The captain of the Tanker Sludge stepped on the throttle straight into the outermost ship of the battlegroup. It wasn't much speed, but it was still a death march. He received several hails from the group to turn around. When he got within spitting distance of the destroyer they opened fire. The Ten other ships in the Tanker group kept moving, 4 were hit and exploded in an inferno of oil and explosives sending burning shrapnel into the ships around it. The remaining six sailed deeper into the battlegroup getting as close as they could to the RN ships.

An explosion rocked the hull of the Sludge.

"Direct hit captain, we lost the engines!"

The captain grimaced and waited for the next volley of fire from the battle group. Then hit the detonator button for the explosives rigged to the Tanker. If he was going to die he'd die for something he believes in.

OOC: Sorry for the RP of your ships, if you want to change it then go ahead. I'll leave it up to you the damage taken to your ships.

OOC: Bold added for emphasis in ease of finding imprtant data and does not state that I making a speach or suddenly yelling.

Operation Moses. It was the key destroying Rebel Army and it began in the early morning hours as the sun allowed enough light to fully commence operations along the banks of the River Nile along the Rebel Army boarder in the use of a powerful breakthrough maneuver as the troops moved from secrecy into full movement during the night timed to cross and make this push at just this time, taking their attack in unison (the unison marched to their movements) in order to launch a full out surprise attack on Rebel Army.

The front recon noted the positions and distances to of enemy tanks using the river as a potent judge of distance along with landmarks and traditional surveying devices. Then after the initial strikes brought about chaos, they used IR beams and marking signal flares to bring down the flames of hell on more specific targets or wired in commands verified from several points. The attacks came along three primary locations, but all were very much focused around the Nile River, to lead up to a three pronged attack that would isolate the central region between the two rivers and then drive onward to Answan and Kom Ombo.

operationEgypt.jpg

Thus, the forces along the Rebel Army front in this region were struck with a dizzying display of artillery from a combined 540 War Tzars mobile artillery, hundreds of towable artillery pieces, and 390 volleys of towable cluster bomb missiles that released their multiple warheads in rain of about 50 pieces each. The result was well over several thousand explosions going off over the various bases and positions of concentrated enemy positions with recon doing the guidance along a 100 or so mile long stretch (with forces focused in three strong prongs) of the 700 mile boarder of Egypt that Rebel Army was charged with defending.

The volleys would continue non-stopped as the front line of tanks moved constantly forward until combat operators through linear graphs of their movements judged that they would have roughly 60 seconds before reaching the enemy forces stationed there (recon already engaging). By now the sun shined through the silloute of huge black columns of smoke that rose up everywhere of an ever forward moving line.

At this point, as they approached, this was when the front commanders gave the orders to use the A-37s which came in groups of along each of the fronts lying low to the ground like the warthog-like tank killers they were. With less then 60 seconds left to direct contact they took their own 60 second pass (the maximum time they were allowed to linger before flying off and if still armed and in excellent condition they could turn and strike from another random direction) firing off a swarm of their AGM-67 missiles at various enemy tanks, hardened enemy positions and especially enemy fire support still seen remaining in the rear that would not be reached immediately, strafing the enemy held territory with their gatling guns as they went to keep enemy fire down through machine gun suppression (fire already arriving from the first echelon which was only 60 seconds away).

Thus, the attack consisted of two major movements, a heavy shock and awe bombardment that would suppress enemy movements, devastate morale and eradicate fire-support, anti-air and tank systems and a primary attack movement. This was performed by the first echelon in a manner to "push through" the enemies weak point in the front created by the mass amount of explosions just discussed. With 350 War Tzars rolling in, all three guns firing in constant revolution as the targets were found acquired and struck and 70,000 troops pushed in bringing their fire support lines out to launch assaults from the locations recon had taken to destroy enemy tanks and a front infantry assault that used tank and terrain to mount continued fire on the enemy as they pushed through with the goal of moving straight to the other side as the 30,000 troops of the Second Echelon moved in to destroy any remaining infantry (the first echelons goal being to wipe out the enemy armor abilities and cut their defenses to pieces, with the goal of leaving confused and scattered infantry.

A successful breakthrough would mean a rapid deep push into enemy territory to take the city of Aswan and Kom Ombo almost in a single massive strike (the full weight of their forces now unified, all three supporting the other from the opposite side of the river, using it as a defense. The Eastern Flank would be responsible for actually taking the city in direct contact while the west would move in as it's second echelon after wards to maintain it. If acquired in the push, the move would then turn it's sites on Edfou, using a moment to regroup for that assault as command promised the beginning of the end by that point an enemy counter offensive from either side would thin their ranks and allow Nod to launch it's own attack and crush them from their rear while Aether would control the Nile water supply and the surrounding lakes, the most valuable resource in the region.

For this reason, the style of war was chosen, to control the Nile water supply was to control all of the land west of there and to open up the front either way for the NoN. It was of course expected that the fastest way the enemy could react to this strike was the use of their air-superiority so GPS controls were to killed with wide spectrum jammers, troops and equipment were to move and strike down the enemy with as much force and tempo as they could and the anti-air batteries of the second echelon (while the troops fought the remaining troops) would fire a non-stopped barrage of heat-seeking missiles to keep enemy attack air-craft and bombers in a continuous movement so they could avoid being shot down but also reduce their abilities in providing fire-support at the same time. Like requested, if they could be driven into a line where another shot could shoot them down... the shot was taken. The goal for these units though was to make air-superiority as weak as possible, not to thin their ranks as such was deemed ill-likely given the enemies technology. But they could keep them jinxing like crazy with hundreds of shoulder mounted and War Tzar mounted missiles flying into the sky.

And so Operation Moses had begun, and the Aether Empire had shown the Rebel Army just how it planned to begin their victory over them... whether they could or couldn't in the end.

OOC: Lol, this is excellent! We are so lucky that RA is allied with the Dragon Empire! The ramifications of this should be extremely interesting.

200px-JagFel.jpg

" ...ay again. Let Zephyr's people go."

With arms crossed, several armoured men watched Zarfef, newly appointed Commander of the NoN-Coalition Military Break-Through Forces (NoN-CMBT) finish a speech for the masses on a projection screen hastily set up in a commandeered cave. With the wire trailing behind, deeper into the temporary HQ everything was prepared.

At the head of the group, a lone Carapace-Armoured man moved forward and promptly shut off the screen. With his back to his men, Elite Cadre Commander Jagdfel silently scoffed, his broad shoulders heaving and falling with a quiet indignation underneath the metallic plates. While turning around, a deep scar running from above his hairline only to stop inside his right eyebrow was visible to the men. Jagdfel had served as part of the ISoA pacification force, and while he was fortunately too late to arrive in Kolfe by the time the East African War ended, he was no newcomer to combat.

"Make the Rebel Army bleed, eh??" with a grin, as if that was the punchline to a joke. Jagdfel was young, brash and almost fanatically devoted to the NoN's "Brotherhood". He was cocky, and he had reason to be - he was one of, if not THE youngest Elite Cadre Commander to ever serve the NoN Armed forces. He displayed such combat skill, tactics and conditioning during Heavy Infantry training that he was almost a complete shoo-in for Elite Cadre certification.

"The Rebel Army has become an old, rusty and extremely haughty !@#$%*," he said, "She is nothing but a cougar."

Leaning in towards a random trooper, whose face was obscured by the Heavy Infantry Armoured Faceplate, Jagdfel continued.

"You all know what cougars like, don't you?? She wants dozens of strapping young lads to come 'knocking on her door'." At this, several chuckles were heard beneath the assembled faceplates. Stepping back again, he paced back and forth.

"So we'll knock, and we'll knock and say 'Can we come inside?'" Jagdfel punctuated each 'knock' with a rather crude and unnecessary thrust of his hips. This act, not unlike a display of bravado in a high school locker room or a frat party resulted in even more chuckles and guffaws.

Stopping his act, Jagdfel turned to face the men again. "Oh yeah... we'll make them bleed... but it'll be in a spot they're not fully prepared for people. By the time we're through with the Rebel Army, she'll be as good as new... a blushing virgin."

As the assembled men erupted in a loud and raunchy uproar of laughter, Jagdfel turned around with his back to the men. The previous Frat leader was gone. In his place stood a man with a cold, empty stare. Jagdfel had no hesitation to joke around with the men, but he had even less hesitation for murder....

"AS PER", Jagdfel was pure business now, the frat leader was discussing his latest prank on the neighbouring College, and the pacing had resumed posthaste. At the outburst, the men were silent and at attention yet again.

"Thank you. As per our esteemed...", Jag raised his mutilated eyebrow, "...Red Sands Coalition Commander, Zarfef, we are at war... No doubt the Executive Minister's excellent, and expedient Speech Writers at the PR Ministry have already supplied our dear leader with a rousing speech for the masses yet again."

Reaching the end of his route he turned about and paced again, "Control the media, control the mind... that is how we do things in the NoN," he said coming to a halt infront of the group, his fist coming down on his palm.

"HOWEVER, we will shortly not be within the boundaries of the NoN... No, we will be inside the Deserts of Egypt. And what runs things in a desert? Water, gentlemen, water..."

"We will be embarking North, towards South Eastern Egypt, to a lowly location only a short jaunt away called Kom Ombo. There, we will be supporting Aether forces in "Operation Moses", a plot only a cocky !@#$%^& like Zarfef can come up with... We are going to poison the River Nile."

Several gasps were heard and quickly extinguished amongst the men.

"What you don't like that? TOO BAD! This. Is. A. NUMBERS GAME PEOPLE! They have MORE! What we do here will teach those guys that they don't mess with the little guy... If a few thousand civilians die, who. cares. THEY asked for this, not us. It will send a message. And paper is much more deadlier than the sword people... Only this time, we have both." Jagdfel motioned ominously towards several black coloured barrels of a potent and waterborne toxin, NX-Series 669.

Stepping back a few steps, Jag stopped and rested on a pile of Military grade C4, previously used to clear out the HQ cave. Taking a deep breath, he looked straight ahead, nodding to himself in agreement with an unknown plan, or idea. Sticking his tongue into his cheek, he lowered his head.

"We move north east immediately. We will be a mobile force, and as such there will be little to no stationary arms permitted to be deployed unless there is EXTREME amounts of RA forces. Only mortars and Anti-tank launchers can and will be used. Remember your training, especially your OODA loops and STAY MOBILE." At the last word he raised his eyes, now little beads beneath his eyebrows.

"There have been reports of a small, 40,000 man force deployed by the UMS to block our route to the RA. These guys are armed to the teeth, but they are also sitting ducks. I want no one to try to engage them, our Forward Artillery Assets have been tasked to obliterate them. All we need to do is watch the fireworks..."

(OOC: SOM After this post I want your reactions ASAP!)

"We move now people, lets go."

*CLASSIFIED*

While their initial objectives are to poison the nile at its source in the mountains, if that becomes unfeasible the strike group will instead find any other means to disrupt RA's supplies.

Small discreet demo teams have been tasked to infiltrate the vast deserts and place small breaks in the RA's rail lines. There will be no prior notification of a big blast, only a small distortion big enough to derail a train.

The others not going with the suicide strike force are holding in the mountains of Southern Egypt/Sudan in support.

[...]

*PRIVATE BETWEEN ME AND SOM, I DON'T WANT ANY WHITE KNIGHTS DECLARING BECAUSE OF THIS GUYS*

The previously loafting NoN forces launched a stab inside the UMS/NoN Protectorate. While not reaching the RA itself and thus alerting Egyptian forces of their plan, NoN artillery engaged UMS peace keepers with 'specialized' rounds. The entire force will be obliterated. :ehm:

[...]

*EXTREMELY, SUPREMELY CLASSIFIED... IF THIS PARAGRAPH'S CLASSIFICATION WAS DESCRIBED IN PERCENTAGE, IT WOULD BE GOOGOL SQUARED*

Jagdfel watched as several Red pufts of paint erupted from the skyline of UMS positions. The rounds were dummies, and the now advancing men of the frontline opened fire with blanks, the large muzzle flashes erupting into the whizzing sands of the desert/mountain, a frenzied sandstorm.

By intention, the forces' armour and weapons casing gathered a fine layer of yellow dust, the environment lending the NoN some much needed camoflauge.

Those not in the forward line simply strolled behind, towards the UMS positions, where various weapons caches filled with highly advanced MANPADS, ATS and other UMS technologically superior weaponry would be waiting for them amidst the 'demise' of their owners.

The men were jovial, word had been given that after the 'victory', which would be reported to be extremely bloody back in the NoN, while being non-existant in the UMS, the two nation's forces would settle for a brief 'hangout' as Jagdfel so elegantly put it.

It was only after the NoN and Aether forces crossed the Egyptian border would the live ammunition be brought to bear....

With a casual gait, his weapon shouldered, Jagdfel twisted his face into a sinister grin. He loved toys, especially expensive ones...

Edited by Executive Minister

Lord Prefect Zemunda, unprecedented of any Lord Prefect, stood amidst the front lines of his fellow combatants. Deployed originally as a regional peace keeping force, and perhaps a buffer as well, the situation had deteriorated rather quickly in the Arabian peninsula and the Nods were advancing once again. This mini-theater, consisting of 40,000 men, 500 tanks, and 100 aircraft, would be a practical reprise of the East-African War in the minds of some. For Zemunda, it provided ample opportunity to create a derision in the region; he could finally cooperate with what he felt right in his mind. The cause of this war was entirely unjustified by the Rebel Army and her cohorts, but at the same time the Nods were advancing through a demilitarized zone.

Designed by the Mechodamian Research and Development Corps, a shipment of modified XM-8s were equipped by every single battalion member, specifically those of Battle Group Delta (15,000 men) who sat on the front lines of the impending battle. Yet, ironically, no blood would be shed... rather no purposeful blood shed at any rate. These modified XM-8s were tactically engineered to induce no harm nor foul. In fact, they were practically blanks. All per a calloused plan bent on chance and hope, they were really sitting ducks. Behind them a supply camp was established, equipped with axillary high-tech rounds of self-detonating ammunition, XM312s en masse, RP-38 Hashims, a dozen reserve tanks, and MK-47 automatic grenade launchers.

Zemunda, with a sly smile under his nose reclined his chair backward in his tent as he puffed a near-perfect circle of cigar smoke. "Silent war seems to be much more befitting for us...".

[OOC: Mind you that the production of these blank rounds and yadda yadda are completely top secret and unknown to everyone, even the soldiers equipped with the modified weapons. This arrangement between me and EM is utterly secret and any possible 'notification' of this action to any outside party would be metagaming. Blah blah blah we all know the rules.]

OOC: I wanted to expand this, I may add more details in even after the war to portray the events in more detail.

At the Start of Operation Mountain Bear

The first fragile hours of a battle upon green boys, before they are turned to men by the hardened flames of war were something like a sweet revelry between two children playing soldier among the desert hills. They had a sense of training and they were held by a sense of duty, but nothing in plans or training can prepare a man to face the worst inventions of his fellow, built purely for the sake of killing him. But nothing could prepare one's enemy for such a world either.

The Aether Empire's advance during the early hours of operation bear would leave a devastating trail of destruction across Novak, a state planned from the beginning by the dark inner circle controlled by a now notorious and enigmatic leader Zarfef left little doubt within the mind of a young soldier like Isa that this war would be a place of glory, and they would strike early to bring as much surprise upon the Rebel Army as possible.

While the soldiers of Isa's unit fought on in the excitement of skirmishes, ambushes and retreats among the rugged landscape, they had no clue that they were simply pawns for the schemes of more sinister plans. There was no idea that their small whisps formed the edge of a great storm cloud that would consume their homeland and all of the land of Arabia in tides of history.

------------------------------------------

Commander Emir: Alright everyone, we're here get your stuff together, ISA wake up! From here on out we use the standardized hand signals for communication and mount our attacks according to plan. We've been assigned a special set of orders from high command to fight along the battalions of the first echelon.

Isa: The front lines?!

Commander Emir: Shocked that you could stand along the front seats of the greatest battle of history? Fear not my friend, we will be the first soldiers from the Aether Empire these men have ever seen and they will not expect what we have to give them. But look tight, our friends may have already delivered presents to them by the time we begin.

Haytham: So what is our groups particular task?

Haytham asked as he popped a piece of bubblegum in his mouth and began to smile as he put his feet up on the dash. Emir pushed Haytham's boots off the dash as he continued to watch the road in front of him.

Commander Emir: Hmm... depends...

With their gear together, the group descended down and made their way to a side mounted entrance among the mountains of Raochin. The doors opened and blasted them with the light of the brilliant sun overhead and the dust of scorpion skins and gritty sand. The sickening turn of his stomach to the air quickly passed and immediately Isa remembered his orders, moving quickly out of the entrance onto a bluff overlooking some nasty falls to the depths of a canyon below which only saw a river if it was made of sand or fell in one nights deluge.

Commander Emir: First, get out quickly, there is nothing like a cave entrance opening and closing to attract unwanted attention, these devils have all kinds of playboy war machines scanning these hills for us and we must move and act discreetly to stay hidden. Keep your eye out for them and if you see anything pass the message on.

Isa took slow and deliberate movements towards some cover provided by rocks set up along the ledge. There he placed a thick blanket underneath of him and settled into the earth below letting the thick blanket absorb the heat of the Earth and it's snaggy rocks. It was only then that he realized that he was amongst a line of other soldiers who blended themselves into the rocks of the mountain in their camouflage suits and look down from beneath their helmets onto a dusty trail just wide enough for a convoy of tanks or troops to move down.

Commander Emir: You'll see a trail, it's very special and is one of the few key routes into the mountains from the north that Rebel Army can use to enter the region. It's a vunerable position, so they will be mostly likely taking precautions, but if we pull this off correctly it will be a major blow in the first hours of the war.

Haytham moved up next to Isa and dropped a blanket down on the ground, it was now apparent from looking over the ledge that any enemy forces below couldn't see them up on this slanted cliff or would be in a bad position to return fire. Haytham had lugged out his rocket launcher and a set of ammo.

Commander Emir: Isa, you're going to be helping Haytham provide fire support from the fire line and provide cover fire when he's not firing. You've been provided with anti-tank rocket munitions and some close-air support anti-air missiles in case the enemy brings in planes. I'll be watching over the operation and keeping continuous radio support from a safe vantage point. As soon as you're out there, you can prepare for war. We'll receive our orders via a signal from our scouts at which points every member of the team must be prepared to open fire.

Isa turned off the safety on his AK-47 and loaded the first round in. He had set it for semi-automatic fire mode to conserve bullets as a spray of such bullets would prove useless and he'd be out in less then a minute. Even with supplies nearby, he remembered well his commanders words.

Commander Emir: Conserve your ammo, they'll be plenty of trigger happy soldiers wanting to fire away everything they've got, but time up and moving is time vulnerable. Keep the bullets flying and provide distinctive fire on targets you can recognize, but don't needlessly put yourselves in harms way just to take a shot. If they're taking cover behind the tanks, keep them still and move them in and then have the fire-line kill the tank and the soldier behind it.

In the world of his orders, Isa would be startled by the excited and almost jovial Haytham who had a rocket loaded and ready to fire and had poked Isa on the shoulder playfully.

Haytham: Hey, Isa, you ready? Here they come!

Haytham was of course referring to the sound of the enemy moving down the mountain trail. All along the battle front the soldiers had taken their positions with a gaping chasm between them and the other side. There were no trails to this side of the mountain and the climb up would take hours and would be itself a perilous move. The hundred man fire-line waited behind the mountains terrain masking while a line of more direct fire soldiers stood at the front including the rest of Isa's squad.

Suddenly Nadir moved in by Isa's side.

Haytham: What the heck, aren't you supposed to be down with Emir?

Nadir: I was ordered up here to provide fire support for Isa.

Isa looked on, somewhat apprehensive about a comment that suggested his incapability to provide sufficient fire support.

Haytham: I think we're good enough here, but I can't have you attacking needless attention stay low and you can shoot from where you want for all I care when the fighting starts. Just don't get me killed. Alright boys, here we go. Let's kick some Rebel Army butt.

Isa's gaze scanned the skies before the fighting would start, looking for any air-support the enemy might have brought along, there would be a big explosion soon enough to register with him that the fighting, the war, had begun.