Vote on the planned/non-planned war issue

Centurius

Planned/Non-planned wars  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on how much planning it'd need for a war to be validated. IMO, basic planning should be compulsory such as the clarification of the pace of the war (e.g. how many RL days for a RP war day), sizes of brigades/divisions, technology being used and terrain conditions. Setting the table, pretty much, but not necessarily determining how the war would go beforehand.

So, I vote yes for there to be some sort of planning, but not the whole of the war.

EDIT: Just so to clarify my point, if person X DoWs Y. then the war WILL happen, but it is highly encouraged they agree on the aforementioned terms to avoid confusion and OOC.

Edited by V The King

No; RP while it is a story, is also a game. People shouldn't be able to opt out of risky aspects of the game, and essentially play no-risk. Moreover having such a system destroys any measure of internal regulation.

Voted no. It just lets people do what they want and then not recognize a war when it comes time to fight.

Nation A attacks Nation B. Nation B is smaller, but thinks it'd be fun and recognizes the war

Nation A wins and annexes 75% of B.

Nation A declares war on Nation C. Nation C thinks the same way as B and recognizes

Nation A wins and expands.

Nations D, E, F, and G decide they're tired of it and want to attack Nation A

Nation A refuses to recognize the war.

This is just a way for the bullies to kill the fun-loving weaker nations while saving their $@! from the big guys. I'm fine if the war is unplanned, but the two sides meet and say "So do we agree not to use nukes, bio weapons, etc.", but this idea is a big $%&@ NO.

Depends on how much planning it'd need for a war to be validated. IMO, basic planning should be compulsory such as the clarification of the pace of the war (e.g. how many RL days for a RP war day), sizes of brigades/divisions, technology being used and terrain conditions. Setting the table, pretty much, but not necessarily determining how the war would go beforehand.

So, I vote yes for there to be some sort of planning, but not the whole of the war.

EDIT: Just so to clarify my point, if person X DoWs Y. then the war WILL happen, but it is highly encouraged they agree on the aforementioned terms to avoid confusion and OOC.

By this proposal the only thing you need to do to have it validated is get a yes from the target the rest is up to you.

Voted no. It just lets people do what they want and then not recognize a war when it comes time to fight.

Nation A attacks Nation B. Nation B is smaller, but thinks it'd be fun and recognizes the war

Nation A wins and annexes 75% of B.

Nation A declares war on Nation C. Nation C thinks the same way as B and recognizes

Nation A wins and expands.

Nations D, E, F, and G decide they're tired of it and want to attack Nation A

Nation A refuses to recognize the war.

This is just a way for the bullies to kill the fun-loving weaker nations while saving their $@! from the big guys. I'm fine if the war is unplanned, but the two sides meet and say "So do we agree not to use nukes, bio weapons, etc.", but this idea is a big $%&@ NO.

Actually to prevent that we put in the X months rule where if you chose for open war you have to stick with it for a long time.

No matter how this poll turns our I still plan on sticking to my decision. I'm tired of the Lulz wars, and I expect other players to respect my choice.

Same.

How would the X month rule prevent that scenario?

It would make people unable of quickly changing into a planned war mode immediately after attacking. Making sure that if you decide to engage in random wars you will have the risk of being attacked back for a certain period.

It would make people unable of quickly changing into a planned war mode immediately after attacking. Making sure that if you decide to engage in random wars you will have the risk of being attacked back for a certain period.

How about this scenario? A nation is in open war mode...but the time is nearing when they can switch. They attack another nation, win, and annex the land, then as soon as that war is over, switch to the other mode.

How about this scenario? A nation is in open war mode...but the time is nearing when they can switch. They attack another nation, win, and annex the land, then as soon as that war is over, switch to the other mode.

For that we can put another safety in that once you attack the period gets extended again.

In the scenario given the player could easily have been in planned war mode through the entire situation. What is to stop someone from seeking out smaller nations that will agree to losing a war while at the same time refusing wars that would put them on a losing side?

In the scenario given the player could easily have been in planned war mode through the entire situation. What is to stop someone from seeking out smaller nations that will agree to losing a war while at the same time refusing wars that would put them on a losing side?

If a smaller nation agrees to lose a war it is a planned conflict.

If a smaller nation agrees to lose a war it is a planned conflict.

Exactly the point. If I am in planned war mode I can continuously seek out nations to agree to let me fight and defeat them while at the same time rejecting any proposed war that would have me on a losing side.

Exactly the point. If I am in planned war mode I can continuously seek out nations to agree to let me fight and defeat them while at the same time rejecting any proposed war that would have me on a losing side.

Thats the freedom of the players involved if the small nations have fun in losing the war it is their right. Now, lets take another situation. A small nation does not want to get attacked but gets bullied by several other larger ones he has no choice to ignore it or he would lose his land and he cant win. What is better? Nations get attacked with their consent or nations get attacked without.

Thats the freedom of the players involved if the small nations have fun in losing the war it is their right. Now, lets take another situation. A small nation does not want to get attacked but gets bullied by several other larger ones he has no choice to ignore it or he would lose his land and he cant win. What is better? Nations get attacked with their consent or nations get attacked without.

Then the small nation shouldn't of gotten the larger nation to attack them, however they angered the bigger. If they are attacking for fun and (most likely) for a stupid reason often the attacking nation gets attacked themselves by a larger number of nations.

Again, what will happen to treaties if your plan is adopted? Remember the four main types in your responce.

The issue here is not the small nations who are getting attacked by choice it is the shield that is put up around a nation who can choose to only ever fight winning wars and who can not be held accountable for their IC actions through IC means.

To answer your question at this point after reading both sides of the argument I feel that nations getting attacked without consent is a better situation than allowing nations to be able to prevent war by simply saying no even if there is complete IC justification for a war against them.

So I will ask you which is better, a nation being able to do whatever they want IC without having to worry about IC consequences or an RP where people are actually able to react to a situation the way their character would even if it is not what someone else likes?