It's That Time of Year...

Moufassa

Well tonight FUCN is 1 year old. We have went through some rough times and are still going through some. But tonight we're going to cast that aside because tonight is a very special night. It doesn't seem like it but The Federation of Unified Confederate Nations is 1 year old tonight.

Some of you know us, some of you don't, and a lot of you it has been a long time since you've heard of FUCN and you think that we've died but don't worry FUCN is still here and we plan to stay.

Wall of Text:

It all started back in the Hegemony of Periphery States. We were a happy alliance for a long time*, but then some things happened and 7 of us left to start The Federation of Unified Confederate Nations. Straighupnobull and I came up with the idea and Ajna Sahasarara and NecromancerJ wanted to come and help along with 3 iRL friends. We started from scratch. Straightupnobull was the only one of us who had ever went through the beginning of a new alliance and he wasn't really in on starting it. Then, a great alliance by the names of LoSS came in and helped us out and continue to do so today. They gave us a Protectorate and we have grown closer day by day. We wouldn't have been able to survive without LoSS.

* Shoutouts to: Veneke, Mechanus, Flyingscotsman, Asriel, Kodiak, and the rest of HPS for all of their help when we were in HPS. You were a great bunch of guys.

So, our first government was not a full government and when we posted about it on the OWF it proved to be a semi-controversial post; we elected Ajna as leader, myself as Secretary of the People, Straightupnobull as Secretary of Defense, and NecromancerJ as Secretary for the Advancement of the Alliance. We growed a little in the first few months up to around 20 members and very little Nation Strength. NecromancerJ got some bad turbulence in real life and had to quit Cybernations and we were never able to hear from him again to this day.** We elected in some new government members but the government was still not full. We grew a little more to a little under 30 members. We soon signed an ODP with LOUD who we were real good friends with.*** Two other alliances allied to us (an ODP with The Ravyns who were another protectorate of LoSS and a PIAT with Terra Prime). The ODP with The Ravyns was cancelled and TP merged to make the alliance Hydra.

**An ode to NecromancerJ: You were a great help to FUCN and above that you were a great friend. It was sad to see you leave CN due to RL but I hope that you got those things sorted out.

***An ode to LOUD: You guys have continued to be good friends with us through the highs and the lows. I feel as though if anyone knows what we have gone through it is you guys because you have went through a lot of it yourselves. I hope that LOUD always prevails.

We reached 60 members, our high, pretty soon. Things were going good for FUCN. We had many influential characters like BonDalder, Lockdown, CubanSpike, Andrew2793, Il Doge, and many more. Some people created conflicts within causing FUCN to go in a downward spiral with people going inactive and people leaving due to the conflicts. We spiraled down for months but many other influential, conflict ending people rose to make FUCN a better alliance. During that time Straightupnobull left FUCN to start another alliance down the road called "Vox Dei" with some other former FUCN members. Vox Dei had some internal fights and Andrew2793 and Il Doge came back to FUCN admitting that they were in the wrong. They stayed for about a month and then they left.

The downward spiral went all the way down to 17 members. Part of this was shedding off our dead limbs getting ready to go again. We gained some new large members such as NeoChe, Cheezeitz, CzarNicholasIII, and others. We upgraded our treaty with LOUD to an MDoAP and we're closer to them than we have been ever before. We have many internal programs underway to make FUCN a more efficient alliance and we have passed an entirely new charter. We have a couple of other treaties approved and soon to be posted. Dominic Feros (one of the most level-headed members FUCN has had) was elected leader of FUCN after Ajna decided it was time for him to step down. Today we are at 17 members and ready to go again, but bigger and better than ever. We will do it the right way this time.

That wall of text was just a short summary of FUCN. There has been a lot more behind us and an OWF post cannot contain it. A lot of emotion and effort has gone behind us. We could not ask for any better friends than who we have and I thank all of you. FUCN does not plan to back down and we will always strive to survive and get better. We have had some very, very rough times but we have got through them and will continue to do so (with the always faithful FUCN pun in almost every FUCN sentence we hear xD, but that's alright).

Well lets get this :awesome: party up and going. Come join us anytime in #FUCN-cn and http://s10.zetaboards.com/FUCN and you will always have an FUCN amazing time.

LoSS will buy the booze so drink all you can :P .

Odes:

o/ Slade (for originally trying to get us the protectorate with LoSS and much more)

o/ LoSS (for everything they have done for us in this year of existence)

o/ Veneke (for teaching me more than any other single person did in Cybernations)

o/ Theoroshia (for the help he gave us in HPS and the short time he was in FUCN)

o/ Flyingscotsman (for teaching me about FA in HPS and for being a friend of FUCN's all through our history)

o/ LOUD (for being close friends with FUCN since they began)

o/ those cool kids in IAA (I'll group all of you together xD)

o/ Straightunobull (for everything that you did in your time in FUCN)

o/ Ajna Sahasarara (for leading FUCN through the high and the lows)

o/ Dominic Feros (for standing up when someone needed to stand up)

o/ Neoche (for deciding to join FUCN to help out when we needed you the most)

o/ Asriel Belacqua (you have always been a colorful friend of FUCN)

o/ CubanSpike

o/ BonDalder

o/ Co God Ben

o/ Alcoholic

o/ TheChosenOne

o/ Stagger Lee (you're in that IAA crowd, but I'm adding you to this list anyways)

o/ WarriorPrincess

o/ Mechanus

o/ jaaku

o/ Drugsup

o/ dwthegreat (you were a good MoFA at LoSS and FUCN considers you a pretty good friend)

o/ all the others who have been friends or helped FUCN in any shape, form, or fashion (if you are one of those consider yourselves here)

o/ Alekhine (for the stuff in The Ravyns, and the tech deals in VanGuard and a lot more...) now there is a shoutout for you...

Thanks to all of you.

This is the longest post I have ever typed in one sitting on any forums I believe.

EDIT: Added a few shoutouts

Edited by Moufassa

Mouf, I remember when FUCN was just a thought in the heads of a few of your people. I am happy to see the growth you guys have had, even though it may not show in the numbers it shows in the people. I am happy we became the friends we have become. I am not as active as I was when this started, so we do not get to talk as much. I do enjoy the times we speak though.

I give a congrats to all the new and old guys that have filtered through FUCN. Mouf, SUNB, Ajna and all the others.

I am proud to call you all allies and hope our bonds forever grow!

Starting an alliance and keeping it running for a year is no small feat and FUCN has had more than its share of trials and tribulations. And yet, in spite of it all, you folks are still here, and you deserve to be congratulated for it.

Good job M and Ajna and Im sure FUCN will be celebrating more birthdays and milestones in the future.

On a sadder note, I remember when HPS ended and we went our seperate ways, I cant believe it was almost an entire year ago and the fact it was so long ago makes me feel like an old man.

Starting an alliance and keeping it running for a year is no small feat and FUCN has had more than its share of trials and tribulations. And yet, in spite of it all, you folks are still here, and you deserve to be congratulated for it.

Good job M and Ajna and Im sure FUCN will be celebrating more birthdays and milestones in the future.

On a sadder note, I remember when HPS ended and we went our seperate ways, I cant believe it was almost an entire year ago and the fact it was so long ago makes me feel like an old man.

I've seen them end several times, it never gets better. :| lol

On a happier note, good job on keeping this here boat a flying M and Ajna.

Congrats for sticking it out so long through it all.

Through it all sums it up the nicest way i would know how...

Mouf, I remember when FUCN was just a thought in the heads of a few of your people. I am happy to see the growth you guys have had, even though it may not show in the numbers it shows in the people. I am happy we became the friends we have become. I am not as active as I was when this started, so we do not get to talk as much. I do enjoy the times we speak though.

I give a congrats to all the new and old guys that have filtered through FUCN. Mouf, SUNB, Ajna and all the others.

I am proud to call you all allies and hope our bonds forever grow!

I am very proud to call LoSS allies and Slade, thank you. You have done a lot for FUCN. You have always been a very respectable person and one I could trust. The numbers will hopefully show it soon too.

Congratulations, FUCN! You've had huge peaks, but I see you on your way back up.

>_> is that a fact? We can just put it on PHD's tab. He won't mind.

You will see us on our way back up CGB. PHD's tab? I'll get a few more then...

o/ FUCN!

the best bunch of guys i have ever had the pleasure of knowing!

FREE BOOZE TO ALLL!!!!

I can't wait to see LOUD's 1 year Alcoholic.

Gratz guys to 1 year of existance.

o/ FUCN

o/ Moufassa

I have great pleasure in being able to call you a former FUCN member Slapaho. You are a great guy and I hope the best for The Black Hand.

Colorful is right man, I tell you what.

o/ FUCN, at first we had rough times, but I've grown to like you guys. Keep it up.

Colorful is right on the money. We still have that skit of your's on our forums Asriel :P .

I hope you come to like us more soon too.

You can bet we'll be celebrating more in the future.

I feel pretty old in CN too seeing that I've been here so long since that has happened.

I've seen them end several times, it never gets better. :| lol

On a happier note, good job on keeping this here boat a flying M and Ajna.

It hasn't always been flying though. We've been to the point of walking, almost sinking, and crawling but we've learned much through it all.

Alliance making is tough business...