Statement of a Rogue

LoweAlpine

Hello.

In the last two days I have been offending three nations, in which I have succesfully anarchied two of them.

Where any other rogue would not present him/herself towards the rest of a game as, indeed, a rogue, I rather would. There's nothing more disgraceful than attacking an aligned nation's, perhaps allied, alliance through the thoughts of 'hey, I can attack you. I'm going to quit the game so hey, let's do that.' I laughed however, when I attacked Moo-Cows, who happened to be in my range.

He's the one I could not put into anarchy.

The reason why I have chosen to be a rogue, is that I suffer from a computer addiction. It leads me for almost a decade. I have spent time behind a screen, that showed me numbers and letters. Input that had been generated with the use a computer. Ofcourse, there were people, for example in chat rooms, behind those computers, but computer did all the work for them.

It's time to do actions on my own behalf, without the use of a computer. Make friends outside, instead of in my own room. You can share thoughts and feelings through the use of a computer, but can never emotions with one another. For that you need the eyes. All I have seen is the screen. Again these letters and numbers, shining upon you with the use of electrical currence.

I'll leave my nation as what it's worth, basically nothing. It's worth nothing to me anymore. Six people have gathered (three of them I have led to offensive wars, while the other three defensive) to stagger me, and they're doing a good job. It's either through inactivity or ZI that my nation is going into the emptyness of none-existing, either way, I'm happy with it.

Through this game I have met many people, people from all sorts of backgrounds and subcultures. I'd like to thank you all for giving me this opportunity, showing me that I have not lost it in my head.

With respect,

LoweAlpine

Edited by LoweAlpine

You haven't anarchied me yet.

Read again. Saracen is currently in three OFFENSIVE wars to three nations, of which two have put, through losses of infra or soldiers, into anarchy.

You're in an offensive war with Saracen, which is defensive for me.

Edited by LoweAlpine

So you say "good bye" in our channel and you don't give me a shootout? YOU SADDEN ME.

I will cry in a corner for a few minutes, then I'll finish this post.

K, done. You did not attack any purples, you sadden me yet again.....more crying will ensue

Alright, done crying. Good bye, man, you are a great person. If you come back, attack purples.

Well since the location of this I will go ahead and wish you the best. Hopefully those you fight wont take it too seriously. Hopefully you will be able to find a proper balance in your life as such is the best way to go about things. Too much of anything is generally not a good idea.

When you have found that balance and control then perhaps you will find your way back as the internet is truly your friend and the outside world can be deceiving but its true we have to live out there.

Hate to see you go LoweAlpine. You're a talented artist.

Have fun in your wars. War is the most exciting part of CN. It seems like leaders of alliances are prime targets. I wonder how many times Moo has been attacked?

Edited by Arwen

Oh, Lowe. I remember you from MCXA days, you were an awesome guy. Really sad to see you go.......... and I will get around to making that boat some time!!! Have a good life, dude, best of luck out there. And don't worry, if I see you on IRC again, I'll be sure to shout at you and compel you to get off. :P

14k NS and only one improvement. Not a very exciting - nor original - way to leave CN...

Bye. Do come back soon.

Hahaha, yes.. I had 39 improvements and three wonders - Social Security System, Stock Market and Great Temple (all in that order of purchase), and deleted all of them, to help my attackers ZI me easily. I only retained the Foreign Aid approvement (forgot it's name, the sooner the better), because I still had five aid agreements running.

Thanks all for all the messages. Much appreciated. :)

Going to miss all of you.

Bye

Edited by LoweAlpine

It seems like leaders of alliances are prime targets. I wonder how many times Moo has been attacked?

Given that the divine bovine has a nation ID of 462, is 1300 days old and only has 2300 infra... a lot.

Good luck IRL LoweAlpine. I have some sympathy with your condition, but it seems a shame to ruin other people's accounts on the way out.

14k NS and only one improvement. Not a very exciting - nor original - way to leave CN...

What would you suggest? Because not everyone has the time or patience to build up max wonders and $10b warchests just for the sake of having the approval of the lern2rogue!!!! crowd.

I hope that you search professional help, becouse this isn't the first time you stop becouse of your computer addiction. This is already your 4th or 5th nation (that i know of), 2 or 3 of them in FOK, and you have all your previous nations deleted becouse of the same reason.