Make sure to trust only yourself

United Italy

This is a warning for people looking for alliances. Make sure it is one you trust and feel that it is a place you can feel safe. I joined an alliance a while back in which i thought i can trust them and feel safe but ended up being backstabbed and seemingly planned attack which took place on my birthday. I was attacked by the leader himself and a random rogue, and before that was denounced in a forum page which called me stupid, slow in thinking, and that i would be ZIed before the leader left to join another alliance. Soon after i was killed of a man from the World Federation saw what the leader said about me and took me to join the World Federation. This is true cause it happend to me. This isnt to inflict distrust in people but to warn them about choosing there alliance. I thought i found one safe but i was killed off in the end untill the World Federation found me and took me to a better alliance. Make sure to watch your back. You may be stabbed in the back. :nuke:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true, you should read up on the history and government and ask people about an alliance before you join.

Don't just take your recruiter's sales pitch and join up, ask around first too.

Its true i was attacked by the UCR's premier because he hated me and he didnt trust me. He attacked me on my birthday. The UCR's premier is no longer there he moved to a different alliance. I chose it for freedom and peace but found neither. Make sure not to join not only by a message. I joined my alliance because one of the World Federation's members saw what the premier wrote in the forum. I knew i could trust them because they found me not through messages but through selve reference

Edited by Contuine

Well I wouldn't group all alliances into this based on one bad experience. Tbh only "bad" alliances i've even seen was an alliance based on the art of raiding.

Also what was the name of the alliance that backstabbed you? for some reason in all the threads you've made you havent mentioned that

Trust no one

Stand ready to fight at all times

Don't associate with people for their money

These are but a few of the rules all good warriors will follow, luckily for you you learned all three of them in one incident. Now never forget them.

trust me i wont ^_^ The alliance leader that killed me left the Union of Communist Republics and told everyone that he was leaving because of his schedule but it turned out he ditched us. Before he did he sent out a topic that said im an idiot and that no cares about me or my nation and said i would be ZIed before he left. At the same time i was attacked by a random rogue. I will never trust an alliance that well ever again. No one ever heard my story because i think they tried to hush out the details of what happend. A member from the World Federation found out about what happend and told me to join them because what they did to me was wrong. I was lucky to find someone who knew what happend

Edited by Contuine

Wait Another thing. An alliance promising money, freedom, and peace are all lies. Dont listen to them. Listen to the people themselves. Ive learned that the hard way.

yeah same thing happened to me. i joined a small alliance called galactic imperium and they promised me everything except the money because i hate greedy people who just join the alliance for money and then backstab you by leaving. (happened to me a great to many times <_< ) I also dind't want to be a hypocript by doing that. so any way they had an itch for raids which back fired causing my nation to be blown into nothingness. and i decided to reroll with my new nation.

another thing. Dont join because of money because you will never get it

I joined my first alliance, the Armed Coalition of Disturbed Countries, because of a promise to receive 500K for joining and because I liked the name (the acronym ACDC like the band :D). I got that money and much, much more.

Never say never, you should never make absolute assumptions. While one alliance may not have kept up to their promise that is no justification to label all alliances as untrustworthy.

Interesting advertising for the World Federation.

Anyway, you can't clump all alliances together regardless if they offer starting money or not. Also it depends on what you are looking for. It's a good idea to do some research first, however. Or ask lots of questions of your recruiter at least. And from what I've seen of most alliances, as long as the alliance isn't in a middle of a war (and in some cases, after you paid back money the alliance gave you), you can always leave.

I'm glad to hear you've found a group that you like.

Its not a way to advertise its something that happend to me. Im just telling people that joining for fake promises. I am not showing that all alliances are like this just big ones and the toleration believers. You know the ones that dont let you talk about freedom to vote and the freedom of speech

Not all alliances are bad if they offer money. My alliance offer start up aids to boost up infra and/or buy a harbor improvement and we are desperate for new members (my alliance is nearly 3 years old yet it still has 16 members, most of them have over 20k NS).

Here is a hint on how to tell if they are good or bad:

1. Check their charter, it explains how the alliance operates.

2. Check the alliance's member list. If it is mostly small nations and the strongest nation is under 50k NS, don't bother joining it.

3. Check if the alliance has trade circle setup, tech dealing, nation audit, information library, and etc. The more services they offer and support, the better.

4. If the alliance has under 30 members, see if they have a protectorate or a defense treaty with other alliance(s). Large rogue alliances like to ZI, ZI, ZI small alliances that lack any treaties.

5. Avoid rogue alliances at all cost. Sooner or later, they are going to get stomped flat when they attack a target that has a protectorate or defense treaty(s) with other alliances.

6. Check their war screen. See tech raids? See tech raiders being sent into anarchy by their targets or attacking larger alliances? Don't join it unless if you are craving for a losing war and enjoy watching your pixels being burned.

7. Scan their recruitment message that they sent to you. Poor English and details is a red flag.

8. Just because an alliance is large doesn't mean it is safe. New Pacific Order was the largest alliance in CN before the Karma War, now look what happened to them.

9. Most importantly, try to look up that alliance's history in CN forum or CN Wiki.

And how to properly leave an alliance:

1. If they paid you startup money, try to return it if you have been in the alliance for more than a month or two. Many alliances don't like it when new members collect startup money and run off.

2. Warn your alliance that you are leaving.

3. Avoid leaving your alliance during a middle of a war. You will look like a deserter and could be still targeted by the enemy alliance(s).

Edited by HHAYD

Please explain this.

Other than that, great post :D

I have seen many small rogue alliances' tech raids back-firing when they raid larger alliances or targets that have an insane amount of firepower. I should have cleared that up though.

nah they said peace and funds to build your nation. I didnt get neither. Goes with a whole bunch of alliances. Especially the ones where you got to put your nation affiliation as an applicant of something. That means its too big for them to even notice that your attacked or need money

nah they said peace and funds to build your nation. I didnt get neither. Goes with a whole bunch of alliances. Especially the ones where you got to put your nation affiliation as an applicant of something. That means its too big for them to even notice that your attacked or need money

u just joined the wrong alliance (not ur current one) that is all, i've been in 3 alliances and everyone gave me the promised money (and the only time sparta and i'm assuming other alliances put a hold on aid is during war times) what i'm trying to say alliances that are worth staying in won't lie to you because they want you to stay because they need members to grow.