Global War on Terror

kitex

Global War on Terror  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

REALIZING that there is a large amount of terrorist activity abroad.

NOTING that nations have tried to fight terrorism in their own borders, yet it always comes back.

HOPING that nations will band together in their common enemy that are the terrorists.

ALSO NOTING that terrorism can have a serious effect on a nation's economy, stability, safety, and military, so much so that a nation can go from peaceful to near anarchy in a matter of months.

ASSERTING that all nations have terrorism as a common enemy.

ENCOURAGING that all nations band together to fight terrorism wherever it is.

The government of Kitex proposes a Global War on Terror for any nation that wishes to join. We are not proposing a policy of accusing and invading nations that have terrorists, but we are instead proposing a policy where nations have sufficient intelligence gathered and share it with other nations.

Who is with us?

OOC: I edited this since there are so many complaints against it.

Edited by kitex

"No. If Drakoria has terrorists, then by God, Drakorian arms will crush their organizations. I refuse to allow Drakoria to become a battlefield for a 'Global War on Terror.' All you will do is displace more citizens, destroy more jobs, and cause more casualties if you try to bring in every nation to fight."

-Statement from King Drake

I'm not risking the lives of my soldiers and citizens to fight in a desolate wasteland half a world away for people I've never met and governments I do not trust. If there are terrorist problems in my Kingdom, I'll deal with them, not the terrorists of other nations far off in the distance.

The Nation of Nod cannot vote for such a War on the grounds of there not being a set definition on Terrorism.

What is to stop a government from declaring a legitimate resistance movement, or rebellion a terrorist act?

What of our brave brethren fighting guerrila wars against oppressors.... we were declared Terrorists by the UMS in the past. Would this war engage our nation? If so, we shall declare a war upon you.

"No. If Drakoria has terrorists, then by God, Drakorian arms will crush their organizations. I refuse to allow Drakoria to become a battlefield for a 'Global War on Terror.' All you will do is displace more citizens, destroy more jobs, and cause more casualties if you try to bring in every nation to fight."

"The government of Kitex is not proposing that at all, we are just proposing that there be a sharing of terrorist groups/activities internationally so nations may better prepare themselves. If you do not want international asistance you do not have to get it.

-Statement from President DDB

I'm not risking the lives of my soldiers and citizens to fight in a desolate wasteland half a world away for people I've never met and governments I do not trust. If there are terrorist problems in my Kingdom, I'll deal with them, not the terrorists of other nations far off in the distance.

OOC: I feel you man.

Arctica is against kitex's suggestion and will not be endorsing it.

As does New England. Each nation in the world can deal with terrorism individually and achieve the same results. Thus, there is no need to launch a 'global war on terror' because it, frankly, would consume too much time and resources, and place our people in unneeded danger for little tangible result.

Edited by JEDCJT

Each nation can handle its own internal troubles, and if it can't, it can ask for help. The "war" is unnecessary.

However, some level of international cooperation in suppressing worldwide terrorist groups (such as the Dark Hand and the Green Flag) would be nice.

At the current time, the Imperium of Poliz has managed to avoid giving 'terrorists' a reason to target our nation, and we believe that engaging in some worldwide crusade will reverse that. Therefore, we will deal with issues on a domestic basis, but we cannot see any benefit in sending our troops to the far corners of the globe, or signing ourselves up to do so, and thus, we have voted 'no' to a Global War on Terror and insist that if groups that disagree with a certain government do spring up, it should be a domestic issue, dealt with by the reigon, as opposed to calling in the whole world.

"Allow me to update my stance on this.

Not only do we refuse to allow a war on terror into our nation, I'm also not sending good Drakorians off to the middle of a desert or the icy wastes of Antarctica to fight a war because of this bill's obligations."

-HRH James Drake

None of you seem to realize that all they're doing is suggesting sharing information about suspected terrorists within your country.

We are not proposing a policy of accusing and invading nations that have terrorists, but we are instead proposing a policy where nations have sufficient intelligence gathered and share it with other nation

Put it this way, if terrorists attack Tahoe, they are going to be hunted down and exterminated. We don't care where they are hiding, who is helping them and what they want...they are going to die. It is often easier to send Special Forces to hunt them down without alerting the nation we are operating in, and this proposal could force us to alert foreign governments of that action.

Molakia would like to mention that any special forces from any nation found within our borders will be tried and executed as saboteurs. It will also be seen as an act of war. A simple phone call and a location is all the Brotherhood of Mol needs to kill these men for you.

Molakia would not sign anything to a WOT, but Molakian Troops are now being trained in Peacekeeping and Counter Terror/Counter Insurgency tactics, so any nation needing training or boots on the ground is more than welcome to contact us.

Molakia would like to mention that any special forces from any nation found within our borders will be tried and executed as saboteurs. It will also be seen as an act of war. A simple phone call and a location is all the Brotherhood of Mol needs to kill these men for you.

Naturally it isn't a common occurance and depends entirely on conditions on the ground.

"Zargathia agrees with Molakia on this matter. Sending Special Forces to another nation without their knowledge and, more importantly, approval can potentially cause more trouble than it's worth. Especially when it concerns killing their citizens, regardless of their threat to society. Of course, if you wish them dead we would assume you can prove the charges laid upon them, after which they would be extradited and given a fair trial for their crimes committed."

"We are however not opposed to Arctica's suggestion of creating an international list of known terrorists affiliating themselves with the Dark Hand, Green Flag or any other criminal organization for that matter, so that their ability to hide in other countries would be greatly diminished."

The Malvinas has recently overcome a serious biological terrorist attack and has informed the government of the nation the terrorist quite possibly will head too next, however a global war on terror is an action the Malvinas cannot commit too, it means putting occupying forces inside a nations borders which could spell diplomatic and military disaster, not to mention making the host nation seem unable to stamp out its own problem if it a small cell.

If it a a large organisation such as the Faction *looks at Kitex* The host nation should request aid and have the right to turn aid down.

The Rough Parts Empire fully supports Kitex in its war on terrorism. My nation's recently been dealing with lots of horrendous terrorist acts recently, so we will do anything we can to supoort Kitex's noble cause.

I don't know why everyone here's condoning this war on terrorism, Kitex's original proposal said nothing about occupying foreign nations...