Global War on Terror

kitex

Global War on Terror  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

President Ned of Nedland shall oppose this war on terror because, as he recently learned in Nedland's invasion of Afghanistan, it can be hard to tell which groups are actually terrorists, and which groups are just labeled so by their opponents in order to gain support.

We support the GWOT, but not in a commonly viewed way. We are against a foreign army invading a country to destroy a terror cell within it. We support countries aiding a country (if asked) against any domestic terrorists they may have trouble dealing with.

The Rough Parts Empire fully supports Kitex in its war on terrorism. My nation's recently been dealing with lots of horrendous terrorist acts recently, so we will do anything we can to supoort Kitex's noble cause.

I don't know why everyone here's condoning this war on terrorism, Kitex's original proposal said nothing about occupying foreign nations...

OOC: Red, do you have a CNRP nation? If not, either read this and ask for some land here, or please refrain from posting in CNRP topics.

Edited by iKrolm

What's so bad abot sharing information about terrorists that are active in your region?

Because most nations can deal with terrorists in their own region on their own. Some organizations are exceptions, but in most cases, they're already in the public eye.

What's so bad abot sharing information about terrorists that are active in your region?

If there are terrorists in the region, we can either 1) handle it at a national level or 2) Go to our allies in the Australasian Coalition for help.

The Empire has the policy that wars on concepts or wars on rhetoric are based in groundless ignorance.. and no such actions shall ever be taken by the Empire to war against such things.

Sun Tsu once stated,

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

I add to this my own quote which can be found in my book, "Sun Tzu Reborn.. The Art of Modern War."

A leader waging wars on bodiless concepts does not know his enemy.. and has demonstrated he will lose at least half his battles. if the person is foolish enough to believe their own nonsense.. they will almost certainly lose them all.

-Maelstrom Vortex

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Put it this way, if terrorists attack Tahoe, they are going to be hunted down and exterminated. We don't care where they are hiding, who is helping them and what they want...they are going to die. It is often easier to send Special Forces to hunt them down without alerting the nation we are operating in, and this proposal could force us to alert foreign governments of that action.

And this can be deemed an act of war in its own right.

On another note, we see no problem with information sharing on those who target noncombatants, as we recognize them as terrorists, no matter their cause.

The Empire has the policy that wars on concepts or wars on rhetoric are based in groundless ignorance.. and no such actions shall ever be taken by the Empire to war against such things.

Sun Tsu once stated,

I add to this my own quote which can be found in my book, "Sun Tzu Reborn.. The Art of Modern War."

-Maelstrom Vortex

What happens if a terrorist organization goes international and targets multiple nations such as the Green Flag? Would each one of those nations can handle their own problem?

"Terrorism is a policing action. It requires investigation, not military force and the use of human intelligence.. not military intelligence. This is where many nations go wrong. They think might alone will solve their ailments, but without knowing who to direct such might at.. it is but a logical fallacy. If each nation does not have sufficient security measures to defend their borders and their peoples.. and to capture those responsible in time.. then I would hope those nations will hold their politicians accountable. If we traced an attack to an external entity and had positive ID on those culpable, we would be asking for their arrest and extradition.. and offer our peaceful policing services in order to help apprehend the criminals.. for that is all a terrorist is.. a criminal.. on a different scale than more petty crimes. It is a case of using a scalpel.. not an axe.. on the patient and knowing where the cancer is that is to be removed."

"The only exception is when a terrorist cell is traced back to a state and the state fails to take action. It is then interpreted as a failed covert action.. and the response can be military in nature as their is no international criminal court to hold them responsible."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"Terrorism is a policing action. It requires investigation, not military force and the use of human intelligence.. not military intelligence. This is where many nations go wrong. They think might alone will solve their ailments, but without knowing who to direct such might at.. it is but a logical fallacy. If each nation does not have sufficient security measures to defend their borders and their peoples.. and to capture those responsible in time.. then I would hope those nations will hold their politicians accountable. If we traced an attack to an external entity and had positive ID on those culpable, we would be asking for their arrest and extradition.. and offer our peaceful policing services in order to help apprehend the criminals.. for that is all a terrorist is.. a criminal.. on a different scale than more petty crimes. It is a case of using a scalpel.. not an axe.. on the patient and knowing where the cancer is that is to be removed."

"The only exception is when a terrorist cell is traced back to a state and the state fails to take action. It is then interpreted as a failed covert action.. and the response can be military in nature as their is no international criminal court to hold them responsible."

"So just because a nation is incapable of containing a terrorist threat, they should be held responsible for the attacks. Is that what you are saying? Some nations don't have the budget or access to technology that the Dragon Empire does."