Ultimatum to the Family

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By definition of a tech raid, it can't be both. Tech raids require no CMs and no Plane attacks. They also usually require peace afterwords. This is no raid.

Tech raids require no CMs and plane attacks. Doesn't mean planes and CMs can't be involved.

Has RV asked for peace? Or just threatened us with an ultimatum?

Not that they aren't legitimate, I've been in a medium sized alliance and the reason was that it could provoke a larger war...meaning it's easier to prey on small alliances that haven't DoE'd or have Protectorate Agreements.

I still don't consider them legitimate... just like PPF. I don't see it as a real alliance, nor did I see FAN or Vox real alliances when they went bellow the 5 member threshold. Sorry if I stick to my guts.

If RV, was protected by a large alliance....well, you probably wouldn't consider his AA legit based on your statements, but no one would attack him besides noobs and rogues. A large alliance protecting RV would get an instant no from the raid requester's alliance government.

I've realized that tech raiding just isn't for me and isn't beneficial to what I want, so I don't go out and attack people anyways. Is it a crappy thing to do? Yea, I don't care for tech raiding all that much, but the whole "BUT HE IS AN ALLIANCE!" argument flails in my opinion.

I have defended others in this situation.

You know what? If this were an actual victim who had done nothing before but express his opinion, as different as they are from mine, I would be with you on this. However, seeing as this individual has on many previous occasions chosen to purposely inflame a situation to attention whore himself and for no other reason, I really have no sympathy left. I really don't even care how much of a hypocrite he is (hell, he used to be a higher up during the days NPO was building their empire).

Two other reasons I don't have sympathy for this particular "victim" is because 1. This looks like a tech raid and the fact the raider doesn't like RV is just a bonus for him 2. Airme, I know you're a smart person so I hope you don't think he's trying to solve this amicably or even efficiently(as evident by his numerous, and deteriorating in quality, ultimatums). If he did, he would at least be sending peace.

At this point, we're entering into the realm of whether raiding someone you don't like is wrong or not in my humble, personal opinion. If this were an alliance war, Nintenderek would have a war now. I don't see Sorum declaring RV to ZI right now so I currently see this as nothing more than a tech raid.

EDIT: Also Airme, I wasn't referring to you specifically. It was a general statement.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

Have we all forgotten how things work on Bob? Seriously? If you don't have a protector you leave your micro alliance vulnerable to attack.

RV; do you have a protector? Or an MDP partner?

If yes, call them up and have them retaliate on your behalf.

No?

Then you're on your own. I think I've made this simple enough for both n00bs and veterans to understand.

You know what? If this were an actual victim who had done nothing before but express his opinion, as different as they are from mine, I would be with you on this. However, seeing as this individual has on many previous occasions chosen to purposely inflame a situation to attention whore himself and for no other reason, I really have no sympathy left. I really don't even care how much of a hypocrite he is (hell, he used to be a higher up during the days NPO was building their empire).

Two other reasons I don't have sympathy for this particular "victim" is because 1. This looks like a tech raid and the fact the raider doesn't like RV is just a bonus for him 2. Airme, I know you're a smart person so I hope you don't think he's trying to solve this amicably or even efficiently(as evident by his numerous, and deteriorating in quality, ultimatums). If he did, he would at least be sending peace.

At this point, we're entering into the realm of whether raiding someone you don't like is wrong or not in my humble, personal opinion. If this were an alliance war, Nintenderek would have a war now. I don't see Sorum declaring RV to ZI right now so I currently see this as nothing more than a tech raid.

I know RV is completely insane. The sooner people recognize this, the sooner we all have fun with this.

Having 2 nations on the same AA doesnt make an alliance. And if you though you could be outspoken, make a scene, and be on a 2-nation AA and skate along unscathed I guess you kinda deserve to be hit.

Wait, so my crime is not having enough people in my alliance to be allowed to voice an opinion of my own? An opinion that goes against the commonly accepted norms? Thank you for this little gem.

Have we all forgotten how things work on Bob? Seriously? If you don't have a protector you leave your micro alliance vulnerable to attack.

No?

Then you're on your own. I think I've made this simple enough for both n00bs and veterans to understand.

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do something.

Tech raids require no CMs and plane attacks. Doesn't mean planes and CMs can't be involved.

Has RV asked for peace? Or just threatened us with an ultimatum?

Have you guys offered him peace, or just CMed him and air raided him and called it a tech raid? This is despicable.

Wait, so my crime is not having enough people in my alliance to be allowed to voice an opinion of my own? An opinion that goes against the commonly accepted norms? Thank you for this little gem.

I feel that you have every right to speak your mind. I also think Sorum has the right to tech raid you per terms of their charter.

I knew you'd get it eventually. I just expected the light to brighten a bit quicker.

As I said before, as have others, being a small alliance without protection (protectorate or military treaty) is purely ignorant on Bob. Sure, saying I dont like you may not be the best reason to attack someone, but this is the reason you have treaties. If you want to be outspoken, have the know-how to cover your bases. So don't be surprised when someone comes knocking with CMs and tanks when you don't have the alliance or allies to back you up.

So don't be surprised when someone comes knocking with CMs and tanks when you don't have the alliance or allies to back you up.

Well I'm glad infringement of sovereignty is the accepted norm now. I use to think people would at least try and respect other alliances.

"I believe it's Prism Protection Front Syndrome, that is the only real answer I can give."

I lolled reading this.

By definition of a tech raid, it can't be both. Tech raids require no CMs and no Plane attacks. They also usually require peace afterwords. This is no raid.

Actually thats the connotation that most alliances give tech raiding. To me tech raiding is waging a war that makes you profits and the extras are just tech raiding etiquette. You can eat dinner without silverware and napkins but its just rude just like you can tech raid without sending peace or CMing and air strikes but its rude.

Sorum has swapped improvements for guerrilla camps and barracks. That is not done for a typical tech raid. Its done when people have an axe to grind. To quite denying it. This isn't just a tech raid. This was quite deliberately planed.

lol you know you wanted this you specifically plan out your little incidents and nudge people to doing stuff like this so you can go blow it out of proportion for all planet bob to see and play the martyr I'm surprised anyone feels bad for you at all. There are bullies and then there are the small kids on the playground who go around acting tough and pushing around the bigger kids until the big kid just punches out the little kid who was bugging him. Your that annoying little kid and while the rest of enjoy watching you getting punched out it does get old after awhile.

You're the one accusing me of making threats, good man.

If I was accusing you of making threats I would have said something like..."STOP THREATENING ME I AM THE GREAT CORNHOLIO!" But I didn't. I merely asked if you were threatening me and you got snarky.

No?

MHA: Might makes right!

So classy guys. I'm sure one day MHA/tF will pay for their transgressions, that is karma after all.

Also if it were a tech raid, you would grant him peace if he offered it. Unless your version of a tech raid is grinding someone into the ground.

Speaking of this, I was attacked with cruise missiles and aircraft. Those weapons do not give the attacker tech or money or land. They merely destroy another nation. Which is what this is all about. Quite hiding behind the "tech raid" excuse, Sorum. Man up and tell everybody what this is really about.

Well I'm glad infringement of sovereignty is the accepted norm now. I use to think people would at least try and respect other alliances.

I'm also glad that people ignore the CN practice of getting a protectorate or an MDP+.

Usually ignoring this practice leads to raiding.

Edited by BlackjackCF

lol you know you wanted this you specifically plan out your little incidents and nudge people to doing stuff like this so you can go blow it out of proportion for all planet bob to see and play the martyr I'm surprised anyone feels bad for you at all. There are bullies and then there are the small kids on the playground who go around acting tough and pushing around the bigger kids until the big kid just punches out the little kid who was bugging him. Your that annoying little kid and while the rest of enjoy watching you getting punched out it does get old after awhile.

I loled at that. great discription