The White Cross

Sarah Tintagyl

"Ladies and Gentlemen please, these concerns of territory and warfare are not needed here. I would like to bring up once again if everyone here is willing to sign the treaty with the proposed one percent changes, shall we wrap up this conference and begin to settle in and once again start to help those countries that need us?"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps other nations of the world see it as better to allocate lands that are habitable by more than seven people to the cause of actually easing the suffering of others. Why would Tahoe send refugees to the barren wasteland that is your homeland when they could more easily bring refugees into Washington or Oregon?

Tahoe is simply asserting its authority over parts of its territory, nothing more, nothing less. I would expect any nation to assert themselves whenever their sovereignty is challenged by another. They are making statements, not threats. We do support Tahoe in its doctrine and its assertion of its sovereignty and the sovereignty of a state within the Republic.

The Commonwealth will sign the new treaty as proposed.

Perhaps you would mind asserting your sovereignty somewhere else, or you will ruin this conference. If it continues we will withdraw from this conference, even though we have just arrived.

Regarding Pacifican/American Affairs, I do not deem this place the proper area to discuss it. Please take your debate outside of this chamber."
This venue suits us just fine.
All islands along the Tahoan coastline are sovereign territory of the State of Alaska. If Procinctia would like to claim these islands, we would appreciate if they do so in a harmless manner and not try to hand them over to foreign organizations.

The Alaska State Guard has been mobilized and will begin deployment to island and coastal areas to enforce Tahoan sovereignty and prevent hostile action from Procinctia.

Hagemeister Island is under the jurisdiction of the Tahoan State of Alaska, and we are therefore most certainly not pleased with the notion that you are giving it away.

Furthermore, we do not know when Proctinia took control over Ayak or King islands. . .

The matter was resolved when RUSSIAN relinquished control of their Bering Island protectorates back to Procinctia following Procinctia’s reemergence, Slavorussia can confirm this - Where do you presume rights to anything in the Bering? Edited by Generalissimo

Our friends in the Commonwealth are correct, we are simply asserting our authority over our own territory that a nation attending this conference is attempting to negotiate away. Would you stand by and let a neighboring state negotiate territory within your own nation away? Ask yourself this, and when you decide the answer is no, which you invariably will, we are sure you will begrudge our government protecting its own people.

As for the treaty, the Tahoe Republic is committed to helping refugees and distressed persons worldwide, and though we will not agree to percentages of our territory to be handed over, refugee camps established in temperate climates in Northern Tahoe would serve wonders for refugees, who could work in our vibrant agriculture economy in that region.

The matter was resolved when RUSSIAN control of their Bering Island protectorates back to Procinctia following Procinctia’s reemergence, Slavorussia can confirm this.

Where do you presume rights to anything in the Bering?

The Aleutians and St. Paul and St. George Islands belong to Procinctia. The islands along the Alaskan coast belong to Tahoe. This is non-negotiable.

Edited by Emperor Mudd

"Ladies and Gentlemen please, these concerns of territory and warfare are not needed here. I would like to bring up once again if everyone here is willing to sign the treaty with the proposed one percent changes, shall we wrap up this conference and begin to settle in and once again start to help those countries that need us?"

"I agree," said Thadon finally after watching the conference devolve into heated arguments like so many had time and time again. "Present the treaty and I will sign it, then return to Arctica to begin preparations for implementing the necessary changes."

Our friends in the Commonwealth are correct, we are simply asserting our authority over our own territory that a nation attending this conference is attempting to negotiate away. Would you stand by and let a neighboring state negotiate territory within your own nation away? Ask yourself this, and when you decide the answer is no, which you invariably will, we are sure you will begrudge our government protecting its own people.

As for the treaty, the Tahoe Republic is committed to helping refugees and distressed persons worldwide, and though we will not agree to percentages of our territory to be handed over, refugee camps established in temperate climates in Northern Tahoe would serve wonders for refugees, who could work in our vibrant agriculture economy in that region.

The Aleutians and St. Paul and St. George Islands belong to Procinctia. The islands along the Alaskan coast belong to Tahoe. This is non-negotiable.

I know I won't stand by while two nations measure each other's [bad word for a male private part]'s in front of me at a White Cross Conference. If you can't stay on topic, I suggest you and your comrade leave until you can resolve your issue somewhere else. If not, I move that we formally reject both of your delegate's to this meeting.

Edited by Pacifism

Anti-Imperialist my [expletive redacted] . . .we’ll see what the World Congress has to say about this. Edited by Generalissimo

"The revised treaty, Excellencies."

I. Preamble

The suffering of the world has required the signatories to act in order to prevent the further loss of human life. They are under the knowledge that with cooperation and strength we can overcome the hatred and malice that has placed Earth into an age of war and chaos.

II. Humanitarian Aid

Every signatory is required to allocate a minimum of 1% of their yearly budget to humanitarian aid to either their country if required or overseas. Where this money will be sent will be advised by a council of the signatories. 1% is a minimum, but if a country desires to commit more of their treasury they are encouraged to, however there will be no bonus for this action.

III. Humanitarian Workers

Every signatory is to commit medical and other infrastructure employees so as to help affected areas recover from the massive amount of loss that they have gone through. There is no set limit to the amount of doctors, nurses, priests, and engineers that can be set, other occupations may also be used if no listed in this document.

IV. Refugee Camps

Every signatory is require to commit at least 1% of their total land area to an region that if needed could be used for refugee holding. These camps will be inspected by the Council of the White Cross for basic human needs as food shelter and water and must also demonstrate a fervor to provide these needs.

V. The Council of the White Cross

Every signatory will be given one vote in the Council and through majority vote aid will be dispensed to the affect area. The council will handle all distribution of aid and any problems that may face the White Cross Order.

VI. Withdrawal

Any signatory maybe may withdraw from the Order at anytime they see fit. Note any country that holds out on aid to an affect area will be expelled.

For the Hanseatic Commonwealth,

Sarah Tintagyl, Lady Protector

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

OOC:

Every signatory is required to allocate a minimum of 1% of their yearly budget to humanitarian aid to either their country if required or overseas. Where this money will be sent will be advised by a council of the signatories. 5% is a minimum, but if a country desires to commit more of their treasury they are encouraged to, however there will be no bonus for this action.

1% and then 5%

choose one

OOC:

Every signatory is required to allocate a minimum of 1% of their yearly budget to humanitarian aid to either their country if required or overseas. Where this money will be sent will be advised by a council of the signatories. 5% is a minimum, but if a country desires to commit more of their treasury they are encouraged to, however there will be no bonus for this action.

1% and then 5%

choose one

OOC: Edited right as I saw it...sorry...I fixed it...k...thx.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

For the Union of Arctica

sig2f.png

Thurokiir

"I will leave now," he said to Tintagyl, "to oversee the implementation of these articles...I will send a permanent representative along later with an update."

With that, his assistant gathered his things and Thadon tried to leave with his dignity intact even as the volume of the Procinctians and Tahoans increased.

Ziggy: Yes, the Aether Empire will commit to the signing of this treaty. Even an evil organization of EVIL can see that this is a minimalist thing to ask for. Also, as DE forces were completely unable to dent us, so we have no need of any aid either after the East African War. We would however allow for aid to be sent to Somalia which is in a devastated state after doing battle with us.

Ziggy: However...

Ziggy: There seems to be some questions I still have... it just seems wasteful to procure any natural number percentage of a nation's land only to have it sit there for the sake of refugee purposes. It seems... wasteful really.

Ziggy: Wouldn't land with a variety of capacities be useful to the White Cross? Some for refugees, some for farming, some for manufacturing by means of non-profit industrial facilities? Then the White Cross could reduce its costs and further help more people, by growing it's own crops to help the hungry, build pumps for bringing water to remote villages AND helping the displaced and homeless?

Ziggy: After all ^_^. I don't believe that the refugees of the world can cover 1.5 million square kilometers each year anyways. Money could also be allocated in times of less need towards the research of new drugs for solving disease issues like malaria that effect under-developed nations. Problems that would normally remain unsolved without your impact.... I don't know where that came from, it wasn't on the Aether's agenda... It just kind of fell off the top of my tongue, excuse the interruption.

Ziggie's moment of looking rather soft and philanthropic vanished and he suddenly narrowed his eyes and returned to being overly serious and observed the conversations go. Seeing that the others were now just signing the treaty, he took his out and had Zarfef's name stamped on digitally... It was the 5% treaty that had come in the folder. Then he passed it on to the left unambiguously like he'd signed the other one in an anonymous fashion.

Ziggy: You know, none of this would be necessary if your nations would all agree to fall beneath the brilliant leadership of Zarfef. But one day you'll agree agree without anyone laughing. ^_^

The Aether Empire

-Zarfef

Signature.jpg

Edited by Zarfef

Amyante just sat back and listened, for a second fearing this conference too would end up in much the same way the one about war crimes had. Fortunately though, things remained relatively calm, even though she made a mental note to stay away from the Procinctia - Tahoe border for the next couple of months. It was a small surprise to see Ziggy sitting there though, and it was good to see he had managed to escape from Taeunian forces back on Rathlin after all.

After giving him a small wave, she grinned, turning her attention back on the document in front of her. There were loopholes she could see, mostly using joint controlled territories to house refugees and a whole lot of nitpicking on how to define 'humanitarian aid', but she knew she would be able to supply workers even though most of her national budget was geared towards restructuring the nation. It wouldn't be a problem.

Signed,

(scribble)

Queen Amyante Tojimaru

Zargathian Transitionary Government,

And with that, she folded her hands waiting for the other representatives to finish signing the document. Or talk to Ziggy to pass the time, whichever came first.

Seamus nodded as he read over the treaty. "Taeunas will have no problems with this, Ms. Connolly?"

"No, I should think not, and for that, I've been asked to place the presidents signature on the treaty."

For Taeunas

Christos DeSchaine

President

Edited by DeSchaine

For Republic of Tasmania

Kevin Stone, Head of State

"Also Mr Generalissimo you nation seems to be in a how to say damaged state maybe you could arrange to meet my government in Tasmania and we could see about helping you to rebuild?"

OOC: :facepalm:

I forgot about this. Just assume President Kennedy and Secretary Roosevelt was there at the conference all along, and had supported Tahoe against Procinctia and stuff like that.....yeah. >.>;

IC:

Signed for the Republic of New England,

John Fitzgerald Kennedy, President

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Secretary of State

Edited by JEDCJT