The White Cross

Sarah Tintagyl

Ziggy: First, I apologize for being late. So if I understand this correctly, the request is to amend the treaty that was for 5% and bring this cost down to 1%? I wasn't aware of a massive decrease in national instability, perhaps it's just angst, but then again... I live on the borderlands of a former war-zone ^_^.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I suggest you look at the refugees from Pax Pacis. For now, they are living in refugee camps just outside Lucinam. Eventually, they will be given a reasonable amount of money, and told to find a job and a place to live, and, eventually, they will be given ful citizenship in Aiginor, but only because they have no country to return to."

"While I still believe the White Cross’ current mandate is sufficient, as Generalissimo of Procinctia I’ll sign this treaty to reaffirm Procinctia’s support of the White Cross.

In accordance with Article 4 of the White Cross Restructuring Treaty Procinctia cedes administration of Ayak (Sledge), Hagemeister, and King islands to the White Cross Organization.

Don’t expect any more money from us, Procinctia already spends more than sixty percent of our finances to this organization funding our reconstruction efforts."

Hagemeister Island is under the jurisdiction of the Tahoan State of Alaska, and we are therefore most certainly not pleased with the notion that you are giving it away.

Furthermore, we do not know when Proctinia took control over Ayak or King islands, much less gained the right to turn them over to an international organization, a notion that is very likely a violation of the O'Deaghaidh Doctrine and the Anti-Colonial Treaties signed by the nations of the Americas.

Edited by Emperor Mudd

Etain glared at the Imperator. "Think of it as a humanitarian effort. Taeunas supports this fully, and can only imagine the negative political fallout that nations here would endure should they NOT agree to it. But, it still is each nations choice." She turned the person from Tahoe "Hang your Doctrine and treaties for the same reasons I just said. If you would begrudge a couple of tiny little islands to house refugees, then you're no better than the people that made them refugees in the first place."

Edited by DeSchaine

th_Korvacs.jpg

The previously silent Minister of Foreign Affairs spoke up amidst the growing dissent amongst the delegates at the table.

"The Nation of Nod finds these terms acceptable, and fully intends to sign on under one condition..."

She paused, looking at the Lady Protector, then at the other members present.

"We ask that no aid be sent to our nation following the East African War.... this was our fight, and it would be dishonorable to accept aid immediately after signing on to the White Cross... Weakness is not tolerated in the NoN, and we would be loathe to appear that we are signing on merely to recieve pity and aid...."

Her statement concluded, she slipped a smile to the youngster representing the Aether Empire. His small size but assertive demeanour perfectly emulated the Aether Empire's role in the EAW.

Edited by Executive Minister

She turned the person from Tahoe "Hang your Doctrine and treaties for the same reasons I just said. If you would begrudge a couple of tiny little islands to house refugees, then you're no better than the people that made them refugees in the first place."

We aren't getting political, simply stating they cannot give away what is not theirs. Furthermore, putting refugees on a frozen island with no resources, infrastructure or method of building safe, comfortable housing would be as good as sending them to a death camp.

Concerns about our territorial integrity is hardly comparable to causing thousands of families to become homeless.

The Imperator eyed Etain with the same disdainful glare he was given. It was a far scarier look, what with one artificial eye glowing a baleful red color. "Do you expect me to care about negative political fallout? My duty is to the Holy Imperium, not to appease the international community."

Thadon simply watched the other representatives exchange words and took notes on their attitudes and dispositions for further reference. He had no need to bring himself into the discussion, as he had already stated the terms were acceptable to him and he now needed only to wait for the meeting to conclude and the signing to commence.

th_Korvacs.jpg

Nyani looked at Etain from the Holy Imperium, musing to herself she thought,

*I hope I didn't look like that during the spat with the UMS fool at the North African Conference!*

Shaking her head, she let out a short laugh and continued to watch the sparks fly.

Hagemeister Island is under the jurisdiction of the Tahoan State of Alaska, and we are therefore most certainly not pleased with the notion that you are giving it away.

Furthermore, we do not know when Proctinia took control over Ayak or King islands, much less gained the right to turn them over to an international organization, a notion that is very likely a violation of the O'Deaghaidh Doctrine and the Anti-Colonial Treaties signed by the nations of the Americas.

"Proctinia has controled most of the islands in the Bering for a long time, you should have considered that before moving into Alaska." Edited by Generalissimo

"Proctinia has controled most of the islands in the Bering for a long time, you should have considered that before moving into Alaska."

Any attempt to infringe on Tahoan sovereignty over Hagemeister Island would be considered an act of war against the Tahoe Republic, as would the other islands controlled as part of the State of Alaska.

We do not claim Ayak or KIng islands, although attempting to hand them over to an international outside of American control would be most egregious.

The Imperator eyed Etain with the same disdainful glare he was given. It was a far scarier look, what with one artificial eye glowing a baleful red color. "Do you expect me to care about negative political fallout? My duty is to the Holy Imperium, not to appease the international community."

Ziggy: "I'd watch how you approach Teaunus on diplomatic affairs... last time I showed up in a flashy manner less then that, they tried to gut me with machine guns and killed almost the entire diplomatic squad. It cost the Aether Empire a fortune to get me out of there by the time the entire mission was done. ^_^ Just to let you know."

Ziggy grasped quickly the stance held by the Nation of Nod, the feelings of the Red Sands Allies was to be of particularly high importance. Odd were the special requests though, their joint membership according to Zarfef could afford the NoN special access privileges to aid they could really use now.

"I believe that the Nation of Taeunas would be most hesitant to directly attack me, the target of immense worship and personal adulation by religious fanatics who not only see me as their god, but comprise the Imperium's military and citizenry." The Imperator paused, perhaps relishing his next few words. "And the nuclear launch silos."

We aren't getting political, simply stating they cannot give away what is not theirs. Furthermore, putting refugees on a frozen island with no resources, infrastructure or method of building safe, comfortable housing would be as good as sending them to a death camp.
"The peoples of Procinctia have survived on these frozen rocks for decades, there were even cities – if we can survive so can anyone else."
Any attempt to infringe on Tahoan sovereignty over Hagemeister Island would be considered an act of war against the Tahoe Republic, as would the other islands controlled as part of the State of Alaska.

We do not claim Ayak or KIng islands, although attempting to hand them over to an international outside of American control would be most egregious.

"Don’t we have sovereignty over our own territory?

Doesn’t Procinctia reserve the right to determine who manages it?

Anti-imperialist treaties nothing to do with trying to help displaced populations,

not that your doctrines regarding the Americas have anything to do with internal Pacific affairs."

Edited by Generalissimo

th_Korvacs.jpg

Nyani was getting impatient...

*Men always do need to go about flaunting their testosterone, even in the most ridiculous places!*

Speaking up, she addressed the quarreling parties,

"With all due respect fellow delegates, all this talk of "acts of war" and "fanatics controlling nuclear silos" seems to be highly out of place at a conference such as the White Cross... we are trying to help the world, not destroy it! Please, control yourselves and return to the issues at hand!"

alaska.jpg

All islands along the Tahoan coastline are sovereign territory of the State of Alaska. If Procinctia would like to claim these islands, we would appreciate if they do so in a harmless manner and not try to hand them over to foreign organizations.

The Alaska State Guard has been mobilized and will begin deployment to island and coastal areas to enforce Tahoan sovereignty and prevent hostile action from Procinctia.

Ziggy: <_< Not much of a god if you're so poor you worry about losing 5% of your wealth. If you don't want to help, why are you here? Were you just really bored today as god of your nation? I also second the opinion that we shouldn't start nuclear wars over the cause of peace.

Edited by Zarfef

Adam Fox walked into the room and took his seat. On his side he held a briefcase with a phone, computer, paper, notebooks, and pens. He was dressed in traditional Golgothan black, with a black hat, black suit, black shirt, black pants, black socks, black shoes, and since he was their main representative, black gloves.

"I bring word from the King of Golgotha that the White Cross Organization is free to open up whatever it deems necessary in Golgothan Territory, and we will provide whatever monetary or material provisions are deemed necessary.

Regarding Pacifican/American Affairs, I do not deem this place the proper area to discuss it. Please take your debate outside of this chamber."

"The peoples of Procinctia have survived on these frozen rocks for decades, there were even cities – if we can survive so can anyone else."

Perhaps other nations of the world see it as better to allocate lands that are habitable by more than seven people to the cause of actually easing the suffering of others. Why would Tahoe send refugees to the barren wasteland that is your homeland when they could more easily bring refugees into Washington or Oregon?

"With all due respect fellow delegates, all this talk of "acts of war" and "fanatics controlling nuclear silos" seems to be highly out of place at a conference such as the White Cross... we are trying to help the world, not destroy it! Please, control yourselves and return to the issues at hand!"

Tahoe is simply asserting its authority over parts of its territory, nothing more, nothing less. I would expect any nation to assert themselves whenever their sovereignty is challenged by another. They are making statements, not threats. We do support Tahoe in its doctrine and its assertion of its sovereignty and the sovereignty of a state within the Republic.

The Commonwealth will sign the new treaty as proposed.

Adam Fox walked into the room and took his seat. On his side he held a briefcase with a phone, computer, paper, notebooks, and pens. He was dressed in traditional Golgothan black, with a black hat, black suit, black shirt, black pants, black socks, black shoes, and since he was their main representative, black gloves.

"I bring word from the King of Golgotha that the White Cross Organization is free to open up whatever it deems necessary in Golgothan Territory, and we will provide whatever monetary or material provisions are deemed necessary.

Regarding Pacifican/American Affairs, I do not deem this place the proper area to discuss it. Please take your debate outside of this chamber."

"I am here," he began testily, "because I do care about the state of the world, just not its' opinion of myself. I care that the strengths of the human race are not compromised by its' conscience telling it to care for the weak without giving them the opportunity to prove their wealth."

Seamus rubbed his temples with fingertips. "We have no intention of attacking anyone" he said. "But what my rash friend here is trying to point out is that if that is your opinion of things, why are you even here?"

Etain cast an arched eye at the man, and he held his hand up forstalling her comment. "Also, our past diplomatic encounters (if thats what you want to call an invasion, limited though it was) aside, I think it would be best if we returned to the matters at hand. The proposed changes are favorable in that more nations will be able to help out."

Etain rolled her eyes and thought of shooting such small people.