FIRE Announcement

Who was trying to colonize who in the UJW? *is confused now*

I was talking about people giving others the political finger by trying to make other alliances do things. It's always happening, even in peace time. I'm sure it happened during a big war.

Are you SURE about this? I'm pretty sure we were having a very heated debate, but I'm not quite sure what my point was or what side of the debate I was on.

Yes sir, I am... seeing as we're talking about this :v:

And you're on my side. I think. Maybe... please be on my side?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about people giving others the political finger by trying to make other alliances do things. It's always happening, even in peace time. I'm sure it happened during a big war.

But this doesn't feed into your argument of FIRE being a colony/puppet alliance. It certainly makes sense FIRE was made to give a political finger to the NPO, but I'm still confused how the puppeteering fits into your argument. Please clarify.

Yes sir, I am... seeing as we're talking about this emot-v.gif

And you're on my side. I think. Maybe... please be on my side?

Wait, we're talking about this? First you try to confuse me about what side I'm arguing for, now you accuse me of collusion? My good sir that is wrong. Wrong I say! Never would I be involved in such conspiratorial madness as to engage in such practices in such a serious matter. I demand an immediate apology for your accusation in haiku form or your nation shall be as dust.

....after you pay me my 100 tech of course.

This is truly sad to hear, I know things didn't start off well with us as neighbours, but I'd started to grow fond of you guys :(

Good luck to all former FIRE members.

Then the ultimate irony, and likely the real reason for disbandment. The very alliance that FIRE was created to annoy has a top ambassador who liked them.

But then again Litha likes everyone, so I can't be -certain- this is the reason. If other NPO members shared the feeling though, it certainly does give a very interesting new spin on events...

But this doesn't feed into your argument of FIRE being a colony/puppet alliance. It certainly makes sense FIRE was made to give a political finger to the NPO, but I'm still confused how the puppeteering fits into your argument. Please clarify.

Wait, we're talking about this? First you try to confuse me about what side I'm arguing for, now you accuse me of collusion? My good sir that is wrong. Wrong I say! Never would I be involved in such conspiratorial madness as to engage in such practices in such a serious matter. I demand an immediate apology for your accusation in haiku form or your nation shall be as dust.

....after you pay me my 100 tech of course.

You say it right there in your second sentence, my good man. They were created with the intention of giving NPO the political finger, therefore they are a puppet alliance. And it shows even more that they were a puppet alliance that they disbanded so soon after Ragnarok pulled their support.

And yes, we're co-conspirators in this. We aim to make reasonable arguments in unreasonable ways, making everyone go "What?" and "Yeah, that makes sense. Somehow." at the same time.

I think. Maybe. Please agree with me, or I shall be forced to do an Inst-like action D:

You say it right there in your second sentence, my good man. They were created with the intention of giving NPO the political finger, therefore they are a puppet alliance. And it shows even more that they were a puppet alliance that they disbanded so soon after Ragnarok pulled their support.

That's ridiculous. You can create an alliance to give somebody the political finger without being a puppet. Creating an alliance with a purpose and nemesis already in mind creates focus, not a puppet.

The timing on Ragnarok is suspect, but I imagine the coup so early on in the alliance had much more to do with it than any puppeteering.

And yes, we're co-conspirators in this. We aim to make reasonable arguments in unreasonable ways, making everyone go "What?" and "Yeah, that makes sense. Somehow." at the same time.

I think. Maybe. Please agree with me, or I shall be forced to do an Inst-like action D:

I for one am waiting on my Haiku apology before agreeing with you on anything.

Then the ultimate irony, and likely the real reason for disbandment. The very alliance that FIRE was created to annoy has a top ambassador who liked them.

But then again Litha likes everyone, so I can't be -certain- this is the reason. If other NPO members shared the feeling though, it certainly does give a very interesting new spin on events...

Color sphere politics are often fail. Carter wanted an open sphere that did not already have a bunch of alliances. It had nothing to do with trying to annoy NPO, hence why NPO did not automatically have a bad opinion of FIRE.

FIRE failed because Carter put up a protectorate of BTA without telling any of his gov prior, then [ooc]took a 48 hour break from the OWF[/ooc] while his government was openly revolting in the protectorate thread.

Rebel Virginia can never fail, for He is perfect.

Sorry, but even your own leadership disagrees with you there. Try not to be snide when you're getting your posteriors stomped on, it makes people hate you even more.

Really, oh well we will deal with ur hate later TRAITOR, cuz u know wut happens to DESERTERS, don't U?

That's ridiculous. You can create an alliance to give somebody the political finger without being a puppet. Creating an alliance with a purpose and nemesis already in mind creates focus, not a puppet.

The timing on Ragnarok is suspect, but I imagine the coup so early on in the alliance had much more to do with it than any puppeteering.

I for one am waiting on my Haiku apology before agreeing with you on anything.

Yes, you can, but not when you're getting a protectorate agreement from an alliance that is directly at war with the alliance who's set up to be your nemesis. And especially not when you're a terrible alliance leader like Carter. The guy had to have been manipulated in the creation of FIRE. With how badly he nailed the pooch with the BTA thing, he couldn't have pulled off FIRE on his own.

The timing on Ragnarok is not just suspect. They dropped support because the government they knew they could easily manipulate was no longer in control, so they gave up on FIRE.

As for your apology, you'll get nothing :D

Color sphere politics are often fail. Carter wanted an open sphere that did not already have a bunch of alliances. It had nothing to do with trying to annoy NPO, hence why NPO did not automatically have a bad opinion of FIRE.

FIRE failed because Carter put up a protectorate of BTA without telling any of his gov prior, then [ooc]took a 48 hour break from the OWF[/ooc] while his government was openly revolting in the protectorate thread.

Work on your RV praises. You need to work them into the context of the post better. I don't think just slapping an unrelated praise at the end of your post meets the spirit of the term, and RV has long been known to ignore the letter of the law in favor of the spirit. At least when he deems doing so to meet his needs.

Also, thank you for your insight as to the truth behind this. I await LoD's rebuttal so we can see how FIRE is -really- a puppet despite this version of events.

Really, oh well we will deal with ur hate later TRAITOR, cuz u know wut happens to DESERTERS, don't U?

Yes, they get a pat on the back, a cookie, and a government position in another alliance.

As for your apology, you'll get nothing

Then you shall get nothing. No agreement, no further argument that you can spin to claim I am conspiring with you, nothing! I am done with you good sir. Good day.

Edited by Seerow

Again, as it has been explained in the recent past, I do not hate Pacifica. Please get your facts right.

Another thing you may want to straighten out: Your government has already stated that it will not be targeting wartime deserters, or did you miss Cortath saying that? Yes, I realize he could easily be overruled by Moo, but do you honestly believe the Order is in the political position to forcibly remove me for the Mushroom Kingdom?

No, they aren't. Don't threaten me when you have nothing but words - and illiterate ones at that.

Then you shall get nothing. No agreement, no further argument that you can spin to claim I am conspiring with you, nothing! I am done with you good sir. Good day.

Yes, it is a good day. Such a good day, and a good time conspiring with you my fellow 'Shroom. Let us head back to the batcave to plan tomorrow's attack, shall we?

See, I read the charter and nowhere did it say that the Fire Lord had to answer to anybody.

Even the most powerful leader rules by the consent of his alliance.

The BTA protectorate was not a critical action. What disloyal scum(sounds harsher than intended) would cast out their leader for such a stupid reason. Now that they are disbanded, they essentially couped their alliance to death.

I'd hardly say I'm the best, we have a lot of good people :P

I really do hope that our attempts at being good neighbours wasn't the reason. Although I don't suppose internal strife is a good reason either :(

Once again, good luck to all FIRE members.

Also, I can't believe I forgot to congratulate Fran for her award :blush:

The BTA protectorate was not a critical action. What disloyal scum(sounds harsher than intended) would cast out their leader for such a stupid reason. Now that they are disbanded, they essentially couped their alliance to death.

And I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying that there's plenty of blame for what happened to go around.

And I thought the whole deal with the BTA protectorate was that people thought BTA was going to get stomped by TAB, which would cause FIRE to go to war?

To be honest, the only part of that dramabomb I really paid attention to was Carter raving in one of the logdumps about how he was gonna kick off a SF vs. Citadel war.

Why go through all the effort of a coup just to disband shortly after?

Well ,I don't think they started the coup with the intention of causing FIRE to disband.

Although, considering some of the people I've met here, you never know... :unsure:

I got really bored in radio silence, you remind me why it was a good idea.