FIRE Announcement

go ahead and joke on me, but I am not the one who missed this thread. I was actually hoping polaris would continue their strides of becoming independent, but this is not the proper place to discuss that thread. So I take my leave.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, thanks guys!!! This medal means a lot to me, it really does. I'm sorry I didn't stay longer at FIRE, but really I'd done all I could, and I didn't really want to stay in the alliance for lots of different reasons, especially because I didn't want to take part in the coup.

Now for some responses to posts in this thread:

But this doesn't feed into your argument of FIRE being a colony/puppet alliance. It certainly makes sense FIRE was made to give a political finger to the NPO, but I'm still confused how the puppeteering fits into your argument. Please clarify.

Please be aware that firstly, not everyone in FIRE or even FIRE's leadership wanted to give NPO the finger (although I'm not disputing the fact that yes, many of them did.) My impression while I was there was not that we were a puppet alliance, but that we had a mind of our own while working with our allies in VE and RoK. Personally, I didn't like RoK much anyway, but meh.

Then the ultimate irony, and likely the real reason for disbandment. The very alliance that FIRE was created to annoy has a top ambassador who liked them.

But then again Litha likes everyone, so I can't be -certain- this is the reason. If other NPO members shared the feeling though, it certainly does give a very interesting new spin on events...

Stop talking about that which you know nothing about. Litha and I have been friends for a very long time.

You say it right there in your second sentence, my good man. They were created with the intention of giving NPO the political finger, therefore they are a puppet alliance. And it shows even more that they were a puppet alliance that they disbanded so soon after Ragnarok pulled their support.

And yes, we're co-conspirators in this. We aim to make reasonable arguments in unreasonable ways, making everyone go "What?" and "Yeah, that makes sense. Somehow." at the same time.

I think. Maybe. Please agree with me, or I shall be forced to do an Inst-like action D:

See my response to the first quote in this post. Additionally, I will state that likely Ragnarok pulling its support had little to do with FIRE's disbandment. RoK pulled its support because FIRE was collapsing already, and because it was trying to throw RoK's weight around with things like the BTA incident.

I was hoping FIRE would have made it, was looking forward to seeing the development of relations with new Red alliances.

Oh, don't give up on other red alliances quite just yet.

See my response to the first quote in this post. Additionally, I will state that likely Ragnarok pulling its support had little to do with FIRE's disbandment. RoK pulled its support because FIRE was collapsing already, and because it was trying to throw RoK's weight around with things like the BTA incident.

In part this is correct.

LoD, you do realize that I was very against Carter creating this red alliance?

FIRE had potential, in the end nothing more than that. Sad to see such potential wasted regardless.