The GMs Court

hawk11

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shadowsage' date='21 June 2010 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1277139149' post='2345327']
Show me where it wasn't. This isn't me who has to defend his actions.
[/quote]

You can't prove a negative. In order for something to be retconned, it has to be posted that is was retconned.

While I agree with Shadowsage on the whole, [i]'Tahoans wanting someone from Kuutsmil instead of another unnamed Tahoan from the word work' [/i]as being rather off, Sargun is RPing the Tahoe Republic. You are controlling (from my understanding via skimming threads) a part of Tahoe and placing it under the HAE. Lands belonging to Tahoe being under the reign of the HAE, a nation that has had relatively poor relations with Mudd is more of a wrong that being ruled by a Mexican. Who is to say that once they purge the HAE from the contested territory, they won't dispose of the Mexican guy (sorry I don't know his name)?

[quote name='Shadowsage' date='21 June 2010 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1277140221' post='2345358']
All I'm asking is that he show me where the invasion took place; he countered by asking me to point out where it didn't. It's effectively the same thing, only I asked first and he was reacting to that.
[/quote]

You are once again trying to twist the English language around and it isn't working for you. Sargun said people invaded Oregon and California. You told him that it was retconned and to show you the link of the invasion. If you payed attention to the thread at all, you would have seen the invasion of both Oregon and California. In fact, that's how Vince got his Republic of Cascadia, because he invaded Oregon. Sargun asked you to show him the link that it was retconned. Since you made the original claim, the burden of proof is on you to show the link that it was retconned. Your response of "show me where it wasn't" is not only childish, it makes no sense because, as someone has previously said, you cannot prove a negative.

So, in short, the burden of proof is on your claims to show that Mael's attack on California was retconned. Because to my recolection, Mael's troops just left and went home, none of it was retconned.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='21 June 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1277150736' post='2345564']
You are once again trying to twist the English language around and it isn't working for you. Sargun said people invaded Oregon and California. You told him that it was retconned and to show you the link of the invasion. If you payed attention to the thread at all, you would have seen the invasion of both Oregon and California. In fact, that's how Vince got his Republic of Cascadia, because he invaded Oregon. Sargun asked you to show him the link that it was retconned. Since you made the original claim, the burden of proof is on you to show the link that it was retconned. Your response of "show me where it wasn't" is not only childish, it makes no sense because, as someone has previously said, you cannot prove a negative.

So, in short, the burden of proof is on your claims to show that Mael's attack on California was retconned. Because to my recolection, Mael's troops just left and went home, none of it was retconned.
[/quote]
Funny how you continue to assert your dominance over the English language, and yet contribute nothing to the conversation.

I asked him to show me proof where mainland California was invaded. He has yet to do so; instead asking me to prove it for him, which I shall not do. He has not given me any information, any links to what happened in Oregon which is another thing I have asked for. That, in English is called proof. The proof of a negative is possible; test for where things aren't.

Now, I'd love to debate English with you more but I have more important things to be doing.

[quote name='Shadowsage' date='21 June 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1277152662' post='2345588']
Funny how you continue to assert your dominance over the English language, and yet contribute nothing to the conversation.

I asked him to show me proof where mainland California was invaded. He has yet to do so; instead asking me to prove it for him, which I shall not do. He has not given me any information, any links to what happened in Oregon which is another thing I have asked for. That, in English is called proof. The proof of a negative is possible; test for where things aren't.

Now, I'd love to debate English with you more but I have more important things to be doing.
[/quote]

Shadowsage, you just said that mainland California invasion was retconned. That means you acknowledge that it was invaded and then subsequently wiped. You have not offered up links to prove it was retconned, and you have already acknowledged an invasion has happened, so at this point all you're doing is trying to annoy me by getting me to go prove something that you already know is true. I refuse to do so.

Finally, what happened in Oregon is prove in Vince's land.

Or, you could do us both a favor and go look at "Operation Downfall" and you'll find the invasion in the very first post.

Oh look Shadow, here is a single post that proves your claim wrong: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=85074&view=findpost&p=2286158

Interesting, look at that. Now, if you would be so kind as to find that post where the California invasion was retconned, I'd love to see it. There's your proof. Ball's in your court, champ.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnGlbsqUuhI&feature=PlayList&p=241E1CFFC0F857A1&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1"]How's that taste? Bitter? Hard to get down?[/url] (1:00 mark)

Edited by Pravus Ingruo

[quote name='Shadowsage' date='20 June 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1277083729' post='2344391']
And last of all, Botha never planned any of this with me. He's broken his Botha mode with supporting an insurgency.
[/quote]
Where did he provide anything outside the rules of Botha Mode? He provided logistical support...and if he supplied any troops...that can be explained by aiding them to Mudd IG.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='21 June 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1277158872' post='2345721']
Where did he provide anything outside the rules of Botha Mode? He provided logistical support...and if he supplied any troops...that can be explained by aiding them to Mudd IG.
[/quote]

Botha style RP does allow for interaction with the community the same way we interact with the community. Botha style RPers just choose to make in-game events, statistics and actions a large part of their roleplay.

[quote name='Emperor Mudd' date='22 June 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1277159342' post='2345730']
I'd still like the two spy rolls for yesterday and two more for today, please.

All four are target infrastructure.
[/quote]
derp

[quote name='Emperor Mudd' date='21 June 2010 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1277078214' post='2344278']
[IMG]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7106/hjhkhkjgkhkhkjhkjh.jpg[/IMG]

Two more rolls for today. What would you say assassination of enemy military leadership is? Change DEFCON levels or incite government propaganda?

On another note, what would car bombs against civilians in his population centers be. I'm guessing destroy infrastructure since in game infrastructure is correlated to population. Reduce infra=reduce population

Also Shadow, respond to my attacks and stop questioning everything I do. An insurgency 1) doesn't need stockpiles and 2) I've RP'd a population that is constantly prepared for a disaster since the start of RP. If you want to dig through 3000 posts to find exact tings, go ahead.

Insurgencies are highly cost effective because, like the Taliban shows, its almost impossible to hunt down even without local support and really really easy to cause mass damage without much trouble.
[/quote]
I'd like if you used thumbnails to link to a bigger pic.

Fail: 1-30
Win: 31-100

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing243.png[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing244.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing245.png[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing246.png[/IMG]

Thrice winner, once loser.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='21 June 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1277159252' post='2345729']
Botha style RP does allow for interaction with the community the same way we interact with the community. Botha style RPers just choose to make in-game events, statistics and actions a large part of their roleplay.
[/quote]
How does that answer my question?

[quote name='Emperor Mudd' date='21 June 2010 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1277165126' post='2345846']
[IMG]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8404/30519341.png[/IMG]

No clue
[/quote]

Spy operation odds are determined by the following formulas:

[list][*]Attacking spies chances of success are determined by (number of spies) + (technology level / 20)[*]The defending nation's counter intelligence systems are determined by (number of spies) + (technology level / 20) + (land total / 70). Threat level modifiers are also taken into account for the defender.[/list]

Mudd has more tech and probably more spies than you Shadow.