Those Trials are Still Happening, Really

OOC: The trials are still going on. We let those fall into the background, and I'm probably to blame, but this is no time to bother with that. Everyone who had to do with Nordland has to put their living characters up for trial, or they are going to be hunted down, unless you don't care what the verdict is or the character is dead, in which case we assume guilty.

In these trials, I will RP prosecution, the rper who's character is up will rp defense. Uberstein is going to be the judge, and I need twelve people to sign up to be the jury, anyone can sign up, but they must RP as an impartial jury member, not as your leader (Note, Ubie, I, the Nordland RPers, and by the wish of another, Sumeragi, are banned from being on the jury, anyone else is free to sign up)

The trials will be held in the following format:

1: Defense Opening Statement (And whether they plead innocent or guilty)

2: Prosecution Opening Statement

3: Prosecution Statements and evidence

4: Defense statements and evidence

5: Sparring: Defense and Prosecution verbally spar to prove their case. This is also the time wherein the accused will be interviewed

6: Defense Closing Statement

7: Prosecution Closing Statement

8: Jury deliberation and voting

9: Judge gives sentence

We need to get these started soon, before they slip into nothingness again.

First up, Brian Reimer. Jury sign up now, please and thank you

Jury Members as of now:

Arkantos

Yawoo

iamthey

Firestorm

Pravus Ingruo

Maelstrom Vortex

JEDCJT

Lavo_2

Subtleknifewielder

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

OOC: As judge I only give the appropriate sentence based on the jury's verdict of guilty or not guilty. I promise that I will be as impartial and unbaised as possible, and I will not discuss the trials with anyone until they are over. That is to prevent people from getting me to give a different sentence than the appropriate one.

Just a notice, the Germany officers sent to Rebel Army with the capitulation of the Greater German Empire were sentenced to life in a secured RA labour camp, for being directly or indirectly responsible for the attempted genocide of innocent RA civilians. And no, they will not be handed over to this court for trial. They have already received the highest possible sentence in the RA (death being held for those deemed too dangerous to be kept alive, in a labour camp or elsewhere).

Just a notice, the Germany officers sent to Rebel Army with the capitulation of the Greater German Empire were sentenced to life in a secured RA labour camp, for being directly or indirectly responsible for the attempted genocide of innocent RA civilians. And no, they will not be handed over to this court for trial. They have already received the highest possible sentence in the RA (death being held for those deemed too dangerous to be kept alive, in a labour camp or elsewhere).

As long as justice is served, we have no problem with this.

Very well. Those already sentenced in one place or another are serving their terms, and need no further retribution need be taken.

The Republic of Free Somal will offer the services of one of our most esteemed citizens, Dr. Amal Jahmoud. He's a university lecturer and reknown expert in African languages. Given he spends most of his time in the library or practicing some obscure language or another on some distant tribe we are pretty sure he's more or less well uninformed regarding the specifics of those on trial.

The Republic of Free Somal will offer the services of one of our most esteemed citizens, Dr. Amal Jahmoud. He's a university lecturer and reknown expert in African languages. Given he spends most of his time in the library or practicing some obscure language or another on some distant tribe we are pretty sure he's more or less well uninformed regarding the specifics of those on trial.

OOC: That was OOC for a reason, the jurors would probably be taken from my and ubie's nations

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

OOC: That was OOC for a reason, the jurors would probably be taken from my and ubie's nations

OOC: Can I be a juror I was never part of the GNR or the NC :v:.

OOC: Would the involved parties please list the people they want to put up for trial so we can speed through this. I need the extra time to set up my prosecution, and having a good list will be better to organize this whole extravaganza.

By the way, each of the high profile cases will have their own thread, so no body should start posting their arguments in this thread

Bruno Zamoyski--Former President of Greater Nordland, Kaiser of Prussia at the time of Prussia's joining of the Nordlandic Union

Albert Tanzband--Kaiser of Prussia after the Great European War, Länder Governor in Nordland Era

Amalia van Königsberg--Elected Ministerpräsident of Prussia in the Nordlandic Era

Bruno Zamoyski--Former President of Greater Nordland, Kaiser of Prussia at the time of Prussia's joining of the Nordlandic Union

Albert Tanzband--Kaiser of Prussia after the Great European War, Länder Governor in Nordland Era

Amalia van Königsberg--Elected Ministerpräsident of Prussia in the Nordlandic Era

OOC: Alright, let's get Bruno done now. I'll put up the thread