MHA: request for explanation

emily

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to Bob, for he is wise

Should I assume from MHA's repeated attacks AFTER I have taken the time to PM my attackers explaining I have already reached ZI, That MHA is in fact instigating a perma ZI on my nation?

Should I assume from MHA's repeated attacks AFTER I have taken the time to PM my attackers explaining I have already reached ZI, That MHA is in fact instigating a perma ZI on my nation?

Can you provide screen shot verification of attacks taking place after PMs / peace offers were sent? If so, I think the question of a permanent zero-infrastructure sentence being enacted would be a legitimate one to ask.

Edited by Tokugawa Mitsukuni

Can you provide screen shot verification of attacks taking place after PMs / peace offers were sent? If so, I think the question of a permanent zero-infrastructure sentence being enacted would be a legitimate one to ask.

The screenshots aren't all that clear but:

He had already done 3 attacks after ZIing me so I sent this then sent peace offers to all 3 attackers.

To: Artanis From: emily Date: 7/1/2009 9:13:33 AM

Subject: RE: Cruise Missile Attack

Message: you could have stopped after this one - you ZId me!

Screenshot: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfnfz8fw_19hfpxf3db

To: emily From: Artanis Date: 7/2/2009 9:00:17 AM

Subject: Battle Report

Message: You have been attacked by Artanis. You lost 17 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 15 soldiers and 1 tanks. Their forces razed 12.140 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $49,967.79 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: emily From: Artanis Date: 7/2/2009 9:00:26 AM

Message: You have been attacked by Artanis. You lost 5 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 7 soldiers and 6 tanks. Their forces razed 0.000 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $33,110.58 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Screenshot: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfnfz8fw_15gsg2psc2&hl=en

All im in place to comment on right now is that WCR authorised attacks to continue. It wasnt until today the order came from Crush to halt. Got any further problems query either of those 2. Bringing it up in a dead thread wont solve nothing. Want your reasons ask them not here.

All im in place to comment on right now is that WCR authorised attacks to continue. It wasnt until today the order came from Crush to halt. Got any further problems query either of those 2. Bringing it up in a dead thread wont solve nothing. Want your reasons ask them not here.

Erm... 30 minutes ago

To: emily From: Farmer John Date: 7/2/2009 1:10:41 PM

Message: You have been attacked by Farmer John. You lost 17 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 41 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 11.550 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $17,002.78 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: emily From: Farmer John Date: 7/2/2009 1:10:51 PM

Message: You have been attacked by Farmer John. You lost 3 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 11 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 11.086 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $3,230.53 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

If attacks have been authorized to continue despite Emily being reduced to zero-infrastructure that would constitute a sentence of permanent zero-infrastructure, would it not?

If attacks have been authorized to continue despite Emily being reduced to zero-infrastructure that would constitute a sentence of permanent zero-infrastructure, would it not?

I suppose I should be flattered? B)

As i stated im in no place to comment as i dont know everything behind this. I provided the details of who issued what and who to contact for further questions. There is nothing more i can tell you.

As i stated im in no place to comment as i dont know everything behind this. I provided the details of who issued what and who to contact for further questions. There is nothing more i can tell you.

But I am not able to contact them am i?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it might be best to cease commentary - while very well intentioned, you're not making things look very good for the Mostly Harmless Alliance right now. :)

I fail to see how. Any nation can PM another nation ingame im sure you're aware of that, you also know who the nations are to contact so there is no problem.

I understand I am on block.

Well in that case all i can advise right now is to wait until a tri pops their head into here and makes a statemen, they have already been made aware its just a question of waiting until one comes on.

Edit:

After a query with emily on irc we have come to the conclusion it was a mix up.

Timeline

June 29th WCR issues continue attack order on Emily, Emily confirms she was not in a state of ZI at the time and accepts that.

July 2nd after Emily has reached ZI Crush issues the stand down order.

July 2nd between stand down order being issued and this now, all attacking parties had been pmed via the forums to stand down. Raco was also contacted on IRC and confirmed his stand down and artanis had already done his attacks before the order came. On the issue of Farmer John he didn't check his forum account before he launched attacks and has since been sent a message ingame also to confirm the stand down order.

I can confirm we have issued a stand down order and now all 3 parties concerned in the attacks will be sending peace offers. I apologise for the mix up.

Edited by scutterbug

On the issue of Farmer John he didn't check his forum account before he launched attacks and has since been sent a message ingame also to confirm the stand down order.

I can confirm we have issued a stand down order and now all 3 parties concerned in the attacks will be sending peace offers. I apologise for the mix up.

Would it not be a good idea, in the future, to send all such messages in-game? It would have avoided this mix-up and may help prevent future ones.

If:

• "Permanent" means "anything that lasts for more than a single instant",
  • "Zero" means "any little number", and
  • "(MHA issued/sanctioned) sentence" means "any imaginable rationale wildly deducted from any set of actions that can be traced back to MHA members, without the need to inquiry what was the communication inbetween, who sent and read the PMs, how and when, etc."

Then you're correct.

If:

• "Permanent" means "anything that lasts for more than a single instant",
  • "Zero" means "any little number", and
  • "(MHA issued/sanctioned) sentence" means "any imaginable rationale wildly deducted from any set of actions that can be traced back to MHA members, without the need to inquiry what was the communication inbetween, who sent and read the PMs, how and when, etc."

Then you're correct.

I was more interested in the duration of the attacks and if more would be forthcoming - Scutterbug did an excellent job answering my question and confirming what I initially suspected.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it might be best to cease commentary - while very well intentioned, you're not making things look very good for the Mostly Harmless Alliance right now. :)

He answered in a perfectly reasonable manner, definitely more politely than what was deserved. It's not his fault you have a personal bias and completely diluted version of the facts.

Do yourself a favor and don't ever tell my members what to do again.

He answered in a perfectly reasonable manner, definitely more politely than what was deserved. It's not his fault you have a personal bias and completely diluted version of the facts.

Do yourself a favor and don't ever tell my members what to do again.

Please don't presume my bias, and please take the time to differentiate between a suggestion and a commandment.

There are I believe alot of active nations that are going through the same fate. I suggest we start raising voice to stop the PZIs.