Condemnation of an attitude that too often bleeds over into RP.

Maelstrom Vortex

Alright, if we do go for a Non-Earth map (Which I would be agaisnt, don't get me wrong) We should probably do something completely Non-Earth, like this:

urbanplanetmap.th.png

That said, I think using the earth map is best because it forces people to be at least a bit realistic, and opens up the RP of cultures. I don't want to see the map change.

I agree to your point. A nonearth map would be fun, but not for the mainstream RP; a smaller sect almost, like Aegis or CNRPR.

During the summer I may make a map, not one for RP but for other reasons. I mean a full-out map, complete with markers/colors for forests, approx. land height changes, etc.

Edited by JerreyRough

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree to your point. A nonearth map would be fun, but not for the mainstream RP; a smaller sect almost, like Aegis or CNRPR.

During the summer I may make a map, not one for RP but for other reasons. I mean a full-out map, complete with markers/colors for forests, approx. land height changes, etc.

Which reminds me of something I've been thinking about...

I do not see why Mael brings up this AFTER the problems have been solved a LONG time ago.

Also, only RL Earth maps.

This problem never will be resolved as there will always be some player who has this issue. I understand you have a self-centric perspective, but this particular item is not a reference to you Sumeragi.

And nobody RPs oceanic streams, nobody does anything with weather (besides a handful of good RPers) and geography is ignored most of the time. Most people RP geography only basically and many people just ignore it like they do weather.

Honestly, a non-Earth map gets rid of the desire to own a specific area of land period, because there are a lot of people who have said "I want this land" regardless of whether they live there or not.

I check the weather map of the world for wherever the Chairman happens to be when I start RPing. Like the one when Cochin came to see the Chairman and the Chairman was boxing someone to relieve his stress. It was storming outside, happened to be raining in Bengal that day.

I check the weather map of the world for wherever the Chairman happens to be when I start RPing. Like the one when Cochin came to see the Chairman and the Chairman was boxing someone to relieve his stress. It was storming outside, happened to be raining in Bengal that day.

Cool. Got a link to the site you use?

The reds are mountains, not desert. The colors are elevation, not land type. So green is low elevation, yellow medium, and red/orange high. Also white/blue is shallow ocean, sky blue is regular depth, and dark blue is very deep.

Oh, OK. Thanks for the clarification. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm original Dutch, but I play a totally different Sweden then the real Sweden :D. Although its handy to have somethign to base it off, I could go !@#$% and RP that there is only aliens, or wasteland there.

I live in good ole' Southwest Missouri. Most people would probably call it boring but I love it. Anywho, don't worry Louisiana, I'm not coming down there.

Your not? <_< .