Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Remember that this is before the bulk of the war broke out. By putting nations in peace mode NPO was preventing them, potentially, from taking any damage in the war that could come. Our negotiators felt that they then had no choice but to stop them from entering by the only method available: declaring war. Once war was declared there were a whole host of new parties that would have to be consulted about terms, the bulk of whom likely would nto want to grant them because we're cutthroat %$^#*!@s like that.

NPO bank nations are sent into peace while everyone else is commanded to change Defcon in 'heated' times. It has little to do with preventing total alliance NS damage, besides keeping our bank nations in tact of course.

Edited by NEWBert

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk IRON for example was considered a solid ally to us (or at least I thought so, I can't speak for the respective gov).

* Aurion shrugs

If you like, you can consider it a lesson learned - people who ally with you for the power of being allied to you aren't going to be terribly reliable when the !@#$ hits the fan so to speak.

Not to pick on the Coward Coalition more than they've already been picked on, but I wouldn't have considered them to be reliable in the least, their behavior made it fairly obvious most of them were absolutely drunk with power as opposed to actually being friends of yours.

A very strong argument for being more selective in your choice of allies.

Edited by Aurion

I'm more interested to know where the money and tech will end up. I daresay that would tell an interesting story.

The alliances that actually fought us and not those that were just declared on us will/should receive the reparations. It will be interesting to see how it's split, though, I agree.

Edited by NEWBert

Serious question to the Karma front fighting the NPO (see how I specified which faction of the Karma fronts I am addressing and asking a response from rather than just randomly choosing different Karma figureheads):

With this release of terms, I think I noticed a Karma rep (I think it was Hawkenstein(sp?), but if he isn't a rep my apologies) saying that the set terms are set and will not be changed. Would this imply that the 'pre-terms' that were in another thread are now null and void and these are THE terms the NPO and remaining allies will be faced with?

By putting nations in peace mode NPO was preventing them, potentially, from taking any damage in the war that could come.

So you're saying a (RL) bank should seize assets from a customer because they chose to protect some money by withdrawing it?

Your alliance already got super light terms, go away troll. They just need to accept the terms, take it on the chin and stop whining.

Im not complaining about my alliances terms. I thought they were fair and that our enemies fought us honorably. Im merely saying that THESE terms are harsh.

Bring it? :nuke:

But I know you couldn't possibly be serious so whatever. :rolleyes:

Yeah I actually like Ivan just pointing to some hypocrisy (on Karma) :P

NPO bank nations are sent into peace while everyone else is commanded to change Defcon in 'heated' times. It has little to do with preventing total alliance NS damage, besides keeping our bank nations in tact of course.

Who said anything about NS damage? NS is a stupid abitrary number that has little to no impact on your alliance's overall economic or fighting ability. Bank nations, however, have a lot.

Suppose you're being held at gunpoint and try to put on a kevlar vest. "I was only trying to protect my organs not the rest of me!" probably isn't going to get you very far, huh?

I don't remember that, but if NPO nations went into peace mode, so what? Most would be doing it on their own decision is my guess.

Because they once ridiculed nations for hiding in peace mode, I believe they labeled it cowardice, yet call themselves honorable and do the same thing? Hypocrisy, no matter who you, gets called out [ooc]on these boards[/ooc]. Though I understand NPO's logic in their economic ability to rebuild, their hypocrisy is what is being attacked.

So you're saying a (RL) bank should seize assets from a customer because they chose to protect some money by withdrawing it?

If that bank was in the middle of talking with that customer over his defaulting of a loan? Yes.

Umm. Fail. He couldn't have bank money if he was defaulting on a loan, the bank takes the money from the account every month, so if he was defaulting he wouldn't have any.

Edited by Teddyyo

Im not complaining about my alliances terms. I thought they were fair and that our enemies fought us honorably. Im merely saying that THESE terms are harsh.

Yeah I actually like Ivan just pointing to some hypocrisy (on Karma) :P

I don't think Ivan was on the NPO front so I am not so sure his past indiscretion with NAAC would really apply?

Who said anything about NS damage? NS is a stupid abitrary number that has little to no impact on your alliance's overall economic or fighting ability. Bank nations, however, have a lot.

Suppose you're being held at gunpoint and try to put on a kevlar vest. "I was only trying to protect my organs not the rest of me!" probably isn't going to get you very far, huh?

I just think it's silly to point it out, considering at the time everyone and their mother knew CN was on the brink of war. Most alliances had people in peace in preparation for such.

It's not like the NPO decided to all of a sudden make the decision that CN was going to war. It was inevitable that CN was going to see a large war once things escalated and the old 'grudges' started to come out. You've got to give props to Vox as well for furthering some things.

I don't think Ivan was on the NPO front so I am not so sure his past indiscretion with NAAC would really apply?

i think he meant since these terms are being been for past aggressions and Ivan led NPOs terms he should also be punished.

NPO was not being held at gunpoint by any standards, see my post above, it's got a better comparison.

Uh, it was about to enter a war it couldn't win while talking to the only people with the ability to stop it. I think that's about equal to being held at gunpoint?

i think he meant since these terms are being been for past aggressions and Ivan led NPOs terms he should also be punished.

I don't think he should be punished...

I think the hole idea of these reps (since they are obviously being waged because of revenge) is dumb because I think the crime (in this case the attack on OV) should fit the punishment IMO.

But whatever. Im done with this thread...83 pages is a little much for me to contend with.

Edited by Mr Damsky

I just think it's silly to point it out, considering at the time everyone and their mother knew CN was on the brink of war. Most alliances had people in peace in preparation for such.

It's not like the NPO decided to all of a sudden make the decision that CN was going to war. It was inevitable that CN was going to see a large war once things escalated and the old 'grudges' started to come out. You've got to give props to Vox as well for furthering some things.

Really? It's not like it, I don't know declared war or anything.

Uh, it was about to enter a war it couldn't win while talking to the only people with the ability to stop it. I think that's about equal to being held at gunpoint?

I disagree, I think the war would of been much different (mainly those alliances with connections to both sides) if the NPO's allies had stood tall instead of riding the bandwagon.

There were a lot of alliances that 'joined' the Karma side to be involved in the war on the winning side. In truth the war didn't really heat up until the "uncanceling" came around.

Stumpy 2 NPO 1 haha

Japan drew the US in World War II with an aggressive attack. = NPO drawing Karma into a war with an aggressive attack. Both Japan and NPO started the war, Japan got nuked and so has NPO. Now you must pay as Japan did. Luckily we arnt taking your Emperor and women away.

What does Japan have to do with CN? Anyways, this whole "Karma campaign" was begun a long time before our attack on OV.

Just ignore him, Kristospherein; He's not the brightest spark in the box.

Also, mkoricic, incase you missed it in my nation bio a while ago: "mkoricic pay close attention: I have a GT and GM.."

Hey Moo, remember when you asked TDSM8 to pay more reps than we had? Remember when you changing the terms and holding us demilitarized for 6 months killed our alliance? Remember when you asked Athens for 6/7 of their tech? Remember when you held GATO in a viceroy for a year? Remember when you perma warred FAN? Remember all the people you forced out of this game? Remember all the homes you destroyed? Shut the $%&@ up. You are playing a pity boat when you deserve none. Im so sick of you guys trying to act like you deserve any better than this.

I am sick and tired of this being tossed around this thread like a rag-doll. It is meaningless.

Who gives a damn about TDSM8? I certainly don't; I've never even heard of them. The only person in this world who probably cares more about them than me is Jesus, and lets face it, he's let alot of things slide lately. He'd care about the BNP if it wasn't a taboo.

Athens? Has been discussed. Our reps > Theirs.

GATO Viceroy? Sort out your own house first, Karma, then dictate good standards.

FAN? Perma warred my $@!. We probably got about 4 weeks worth of wars out of them in total; Hardly what you would call permanent.

You cannot force anyone out of the game. This is a fact. People leave of their own free choice. Those who do leave don't have the will to stay, thus -> Their fault.

How the $%&@ can you destroy a home over the internet? Better yet on a text based game? Did we at any stage send a power spike down your phone line causing your electrical appliances to blow ending up in a horrible, bloody, house fire where all your worldly possessions are destroyed? Hell no.

So I say, you "Shut the $%&@ up. You are playing a pity boat "

I disagree, I think the war would of been much different (mainly those alliances with connections to both sides) if the NPO's allies had stood tall instead of riding the bandwagon.

There were a lot of alliances that 'joined' the Karma side to be involved in the war on the winning side. In truth the war didn't really heat up until the "uncanceling" came around.

So, um, why were you trying to surrender, then, if it could go either way?

Fine. But is he being held at gunpoint by the US military or by murderous terrorists? If I remember correctly the talks ended right before update, so that would justify NPO's peacing incase Karma update rushes, like NPO did to OV. NPO refused to make the same mistake as OV.

Hope and attempt for the best, prepare for the worst.

So, um, why were you trying to surrender, then, if it could go either way?

We weren't "surrendering" (peace negotiating) because we thought we would lose a war.

Edited by NEWBert