The North China Protectorate Conference.

Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: You may request an invitation by asking me directly in PM. Otherwise this discussion is limited to the people mentioned in this list:

Yamato

Palintine

Member States of Dragon Empire

Vaule

Osea/PRC

Mykep

Mercy Fallout

**Conference convened in Bengaluru India, Dragon Empire international diplomacy center. **

These entities are included because of their direct border with the protectorate zone. Although the Empire currently maintains the protectorate in the region, we realize we have no right to exert administrative authority over the entire area, and therefore open this conference to discuss the future of the area. We have come to an understanding that there is a government that wishes to claim the region as a whole for its own, which we believe is a little to much but we're willing to work on a compromise that gives them a significant portion of the region for governance while at the same time addressing the regional needs of local states. That said, we open the floor to discussion and ask everyone remain civil as we work towards a solution that will accomodate everyone's concerns.

I will state the Dragon Empire's goals in advance to ensure everyone is clear of our intent. We wish to link up the state of NPR with the homeland via a direct physical connection of land ownership that would allow for a secure means of transit. Where this link lies through the protectorate is not as important as the actual connection. Anything else which may happen to the rest of the Protectorate is not as much of a concern and we'd be content with giving the remainder to the PRC.. or, which I believe may be more wise, giving the PRC half of the protectorate region while affording the remaining half to the rise of new governance.

I now open the floor for other regional members to state their desires with this protectorate region.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dragon Empire has conversed internally and we have this proposal:

The Dragon Empire state of NPR would get Shandong and Henan. The PRC would get guaranteed transit rights between their internal administrative zones and their sea-side administrative zones through Shandong and Henan. PRC would be given almost all of the North Chinese protectorate with an exception where we would prefer about 25% of the internal administrative zone stay a protectorate which would be held for new governments; under the protection of its nearest neighbors.(ooc: I'd like to keep land open for new players if we can, but it's not entirely necessary. If PRC wants to push back on this we could probably let them have it also).

Most of these concepts are purely centered around a Dragon Empire/PRC discussion however. We do want to know what our neighbors in the region think of this plan and if they have any interest currently in the protectorate region of their own.

The NPR considers Henan and Shandong to be areas of upmost importance. In addition to providing a direct link to the rest of the Empire, Shandong forms the other sides of the Bohai along with Liaoning, giving the NPR numerable defense advantages as its capital, Beijing, can often be sacked from landing amphibious troops.

The Elective Dictatorship of Palintine wishes to annex the region of Anhui, what was once former Osean territory. During its occupation by Osea, we felt threatened by a foreign presence in this region because a military operation launched from Anhui into Zhejiang could effectively cut Palintine in two with minimal effort. If this province remains under foreign control, Palintine as a nation will forever feel threatened.

reference.png

Anhui labeled Osea in this map.

Edited by hawk_11

ooc: I think he preserved his pre-war soi through tech db. If he did then he can do it.

ic:

If Palintine can prove it has the ability to govern the land we would consider this a fair request. How do you intend on maintaining order in this region?

OOC: I was led to believe that it wasn't. I mean, there's two nations on that map, one labelled Osea and one labeled PRC. I pulled that map off the front page (and it's still there). That means one of our humble mapmakers made an error. Checking over the last five pages of the map thread suggests there's been no effort to fix it. Not only that, but looking over the foundation of the PRC, besides the declaration of existance I see one post of related RP, and a pissant one at best.

So if anything, I think I've sufficiently proven that there's plenty of room to be confused here. I apologize for trying to take over your Osean-labeled territory.

Edited by hawk_11

OOC: I was led to believe that it wasn't. I mean, there's two nations on that map, one labelled Osea and one labeled PRC. I pulled that map off the front page (and it's still there). That means one of our humble mapmakers made an error. Checking over the last five pages of the map thread suggests there's been no effort to fix it. Not only that, but I distinctly remember Osea territory in Asia being thrown back to Canada, which collapsed shortly afterwards.

So if anything, I think I've sufficiently proven that there's plenty of room to be confused here.

OOC: From what I know, Greenlandian Osea should have turned Canadian, which now is grey, while Chinese Osea is now the (or part of the) PRC.

OOC: From what I know, Greenlandian Osea should have turned Canadian, which now is grey, while Chinese Osea is now the (or part of the) PRC.

OOC: I went back and editted that post several times as I explored the issue. It's done now.

no we don't care about transit rights

Fine... you can have Shandong and we'll take Henan. You can have NO transit rights to the rest of the mainland, but hey, you guys don't care, right? Also, since the war is going on, Yantai will remain occupied by NPR troops. Not to mention every port in Shandong is closed right now because the Bohai is closed. You enter it, you die. But what does the PRC care? They don't care about transit rights.

Maelstrom looked over to the NPR rep, "Calm down, get the cartographers to draft a map for final approval. Have a little more grace, these are our brothers and sisters after all." He then looks across to the PRC representative, "Or if you have your own maps ready we can take a look at them. Either way, whatever gets the matter done."

ooc: The original map of the PRC was overturned by the GM for multiple reasons, only one of which was a duplication of governments. Course most people don't read that far, but I did. I don't have to surrender any of the protectorate, but that's not the way I play nor is it really in Maelstrom's character right now to treat Asians so callously.

We maintain our position that Yantai and the rest of the Shandong peninsula to be vital to our defense and security interests. Occupation of those areas by the PRC will be blockaded and military action may be sought. We cannot afford to gamble our security and existence on the whim of other nations.

After long discussion with our neighbors in the NPR.. they have made significant investment in the defense of the Bohai region and in the Shandong peninsula. We cannot respect the PRC's claims to that region. We agree with the NPR's map.. and that it seems reasonable. There are numerous NPR military installations in the Bohai area dedicated to its defense that the people of the NPR have invested much time and effort in building.

That said, the Empire recognizes the above map as the final delegation of the Comintern Protectorate within fair boundaries. The PRC is a new government. It must find accommodations in the land that is available for such. We do not want a war, but NPR's logic in their reasoning for wanting the province are reasonable and flawless. They are invested there. The people there are people they have worked with and want their governance.

The other regions have not been given as much attention, and need governance. We think they need the PRC. Shandong is the only disputed region thus far and we do have control over it, given that, we award it to NPR based on its need and investment. We are willing to work with the PRC to make its situation in Asia more accommodating otherwise, but this is how it must be within terms of delegation of administrative controls.