The North China Protectorate Conference.

Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Why pay her back? She made a deal and cut it off before it was complete. Keep the resources, and if she tries to drag this into alliance politics, contact me. The government of the Virdian Entente respects me for some reason. Also, let's bring this to an OOC thread of some sort.

OOC: Errr...incorrect. She acknowledged in the thread in the Open National RP forum that she still owed tech. She did not back out.

After all the confusion settled down, the Yamato representative put the final offer on the table.

The proposal

"Yamato will ask only for part of Inner Mongolia. Before Cochin denies this request, it needs to know history.

The bounderies that Yamato is proposing has been the historical extent of almost all major countries that had come into being in Manchuria. It was the borders of the Manchurian Corporation, the state of Jyushin of Altin Urda, and the Manchurian Province of Neo Japan. Only after the chaotic formation of Manchukuo were what is the artificial borders of Inner Mongolia came into being. All we are asking is that the historical borders of Manchuria be formed again.

We shall relinquish all requests for protectorates, as long as we get the true extent of Manchuria."

OOC: Ignore all those arguments about the tech. It's already been solved between Niko and me.

Edited by Sumeragi

The Kingdom of Cochin shall wait for the response from North East People's Republic and on the issue.

We shall also wait for the response of Buryatia regarding the territories claimed by Yamato.

However we do not see the validity of historical extent in this discussion. Manchurian Corporation and Altin Urda were both dissolved. If we acquiesce to a request for Manchuria for now what guarantee do we have that Yamato shall not seek to claim the other territories of fallen nations like Altin Urda?

The Kingdom of Cochin was set up in territories that had once been part of Altin Urda. What assurance do we have that at a later date, in a more turbulent time, Yamato shall not lay a claim for our territories and wage conflict against us?

The claims based on historical extent is thus unacceptable to us.

Altin Urda was a three state federation, comprised of Turkistan, Mongolia, and Jyushin. The current border that we ask for is that of Jyushin, which was formed according to the natural and ethnical bounderies of Manchuria. All we ask is that this unnatural 'Inner Mongolia' borders be reversed.

Of course, since we have little connections with the Turks, we wouldn't have any natural claims upon either Turkistan or Mongolia. Cochin can rest assure on that account.

OOC: The real story- Whoever made the map using the current map base completely messed up Neo Japan's Manchurian holdings. I'll show you the maps tomorrow.

Palintine reaffirms its vote of no based on its own anti-expansion precedent.

OOC: Errr...incorrect. She acknowledged in the thread in the Open National RP forum that she still owed tech. She did not back out.

OOC: Subtle, notice there is a seven hour difference between my post and hers. Welcome to my ignore users function, I'm sick of you and your selective hearing.

Edited by hawk_11

Altin Urda was a three state federation, comprised of Turkistan, Mongolia, and Jyushin. The current border that we ask for is that of Jyushin, which was formed according to the natural and ethnical bounderies of Manchuria. All we ask is that this unnatural 'Inner Mongolia' borders be reversed.

Of course, since we have little connections with the Turks, we wouldn't have any natural claims upon either Turkistan or Mongolia. Cochin can rest assure on that account.

OOC: The real story- Whoever made the map using the current map base completely messed up Neo Japan's Manchurian holdings. I'll show you the maps tomorrow.

We shall reserve our comments on this matter until we hear from North East People's Republic and Dragonisia.

The Yamato representative mumbles something about 'bureaucracy' and 'insignificant countries whose military is striking having too much a voice'.

Of course, no one else in the room heard what he said.

OOC: I'm waiting.

OOC: If I may interject, this conference is going on too far in the past for that to be a factor.

"We apologize to the Yamato, but based on multiple appeals and requests there is just not sufficient will in the region to go forward with surrendering any portion of the protectorate to your nation. It appears the general will is that land should be left unclaimed for the local people to chose their own government. Since this has been repeated through multiple votes and requests, we stand on the community consensus and hereby ascribe the D.E. Mongolian protectorate to a 'Protectorate til Self-Governed' status.. and will await the rise of an internal government for that region. However, we do hope Yamato feels their voices have been adequately heard on this issue. We have taken great care to make sure everyone's voice was heard on this issue in the region." Maelstrom noted.

Palintine reaffirms its vote of no based on its own anti-expansion precedent.

OOC: Subtle, notice there is a seven hour difference between my post and hers. Welcome to my ignore users function, I'm sick of you and your selective hearing.

OOC: Well, forgive me if I missed seeing the fine print on TWO FRIGGIN' POSTS!

And since when has my hearing been selective? I've always apologized OOC if I believed I was in the wrong. If you'd payed any attention at all, you would know that. I don't think I'm the one with selective hearing here.

"They didn't have a vote. We.. plural, were neutral and declared such from the beginning. As I'd said, your issue is with your neighbors." was said rather or not the ignorant fool waited and pretty much as soon as they'd concluded the sentence.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: Not a problem.. but for the record Cochin's vote wasn't even really counted although the chairman did silently consider his opinion, the overall standing of the empire had to be considered.

ic: The chairman stood up, "Well, I think that will be all everyone. Thank you all who have attended we appreciate your inputs. I hope most of you are satisifed with the results." He walked out, quietly rubbing the bridge of his nose as he did. He felt a headache coming on.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex