The North China Protectorate Conference.

Maelstrom Vortex

We have reasons to believe that we shall have influence in Siberia, therefore we propose that dornogovi, dundgovi, and khavsgol be split, and that Bulgan be under Yamato.

yamatoMongolia.jpg

The red part shall be the approximate area under Yamato jurisdiction.

Edited by Sumeragi

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooc: My map making talents are on par with your resident earth worm's. While you're at it, relabel tibet "Dragon Empire Protectorate/Occupied Zone" the occupied notation to keep folks from just suddenly rping in there and bringing their states to exist in places where my forces should be located without any discussion.. which is a no no.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

We have reasons to believe that we shall have influence in Siberia, therefore we propose that dornogovi, dundgovi, and khavsgol be split, and that Bulgan be under Yamato.

yamatoMongolia.jpg

The red part shall be the approximate area under Yamato jurisdiction.

Kingdom of Cochin is agreeable to the demarcation proposed by Yamato.

The Elective Dictatorship of Palintine objects. We tried to annex a piece of territory that was strategically necessary for our own survival and were rejected. Yamato is trying to annex a piece of land it cannot even maintain and it's being humored.

"I looked at the larger map. It appears okay. I assume the territory north of you is also a remaining segment of our protectorate left for a local government to rise.. which is fine by me. Overall I think that the map is looking good and we're willing to accept this layout for the region long as this settles all Yamato land claims in the area."

The Elective Dictatorship of Palintine objects. We tried to annex a piece of territory that was strategically necessary for our own survival and were rejected. Yamato is trying to annex a piece of land it cannot even maintain and it's being humored.

"That is because that land Palintine wanted to claim was the home province for a nation. This request sounds kind of spiteful. That land area can be maintained by air travel and we're willing to permit the Yamato's limited free-transit subject to our draconian inspection policies to support the region. That said, the protest by Palintine is noted, but we're going to allow them to have this if it settles their claims in the region."

"That is because that land Palintine wanted to claim was the home province for a nation. This sounds kind of spiteful. That land area can be maintained by air travel and we're willing to permit the Yamato's limited free-transit subject to our draconian inspection policies to support the region. That said, the protest by Palintine is noted, but we're going to allow them to have this if it settles their claims in the region."

Palintine is not making its claim out of spite; it is making its claim off of past-precedent. Yamato used to own the province of Anhui amongst others in China; however, after many failed backroom deals they were put up for sale on the world market. Yamato asserted it could "no longer afford the upkeep costs of an overseas territory" that was not connected to their current empire. Yet here we are today.

"That is a concern which is not our affair to get involved in. If you have issues to settle with the Yamato, we suggest direct diplomacy."

"Yes, yes it is your affair to get involved with. At the beginning of this meeting, you said we would work towards a solution that will accomodate everyone's concerned. We're concerned. Accomodate us, do not brush us aside. We have established past precedent that Yamato was not able to maintain territory so far from its homeland, and now they're asking for even more territory. We should be asking more questions. What has changed? How are they able to maintain these regions now even though they could not maintain their past territories with the full support of the neighboring governments?

"Yes, yes it is your affair to get involved with. At the beginning of this meeting, you said we would work towards a solution that will accomodate everyone's concerned. We're concerned. Accomodate us, do not brush us aside. We have established past precedent that Yamato was not able to maintain territory so far from its homeland, and now they're asking for even more territory. We should be asking more questions. What has changed? How are they able to maintain these regions now even though they could not maintain their past territories with the full support of the neighboring governments?

"Very well, we ask the Yamato delegation to address this objection to their claim."

The Chairman signals a guard.. the doors to the room are locked and barred. "We suspect this will be a highly controversial portion of the discussion. Given that, outside communication until we get a resolution on action is strictly prohibited. I am protector and moderator of this land. We have a contested dispute over claims to the Mongolian region. Each side will now present its case and no one will walk away until a determination as to the fate of the region has been made."

"We have established past precedent that Yamato was not able to maintain territory so far from its homeland, and now they're asking for even more territory. We should be asking more questions. What has changed? How are they able to maintain these regions now even though they could not maintain their past territories with the full support of the neighboring governments?

"I'm not sure which precendent you are talking about, but given that we have a stable hold on Manshu, I do not see a problem. Also, if you are talking about Kyokujitsu, it never had full support from the neighboring governments in the first place.

Now, the former Protectorate of Chuka is a different story. Unlike the territories we either control or want, that small piece of land had more people than the Home Islands, by at least a 4:1 ration. Since it was still left in the dust after the downfall of the UFE, it would have taken massive amounts of money to support the people, possibly something that only a megastate like the Dragon Empire can do. On the other hand, there is barely one million in the Mongolian area that we wish to have, and given how they are culturally related, there wouldn't be a big issue of us uniting with them.

I hope that Palintine sees the difference. We can certainly support having territories in the north. On the other hand, it would have been a huge burden to support China Proper."

OOC: A map of PRFC would be VERY nice. Post only a link.

Edited by Sumeragi

We would also like to have authority over the Inner Mongolian prefectures of Xilin Gol, Chifeng, Tongliao, Hinggan, and Hulunbuir. This would allow us to have a secure connection with the rest of the Mongolian claims.

We also request that the Shandong territories of PRC be finalized.

This is the map so far.

chinab.png

OOC: Before people say it's too much, I would like to state that I didn't buy 40 million worth of land for nothing.

"You've got to be kidding me." The Prime Minister stood up from the table. "I believe our past evidence speaks for itself now. If they couldn't even maintain a protectorate the size of Chuka, what makes them think they can handle a swath that big? The population defense is barely tangible anymore as we would need to take a census to figure out the population of this claim! This is exactly the same !@#$%^&* Kyokujitsujin governments have been pulling since Triyunica set the first Sumeragi adrift! The event that led to my nation's founding! Nothing has changed!"

The prime minister pointed at the chairman. "What happened to this doctrine you put out less than a year ago!?" The prime minister reached into his overcoat and threw a newspaper down onto the table. "This is exactly the thing you set out to prevent by opposing Yamato encroachment, and now you're encouraging it! Where is the integrity in this world!?" The prime minister finished.

"If your guards weren't here, I'd have broken down that door and stormed off by now!"

Edited by hawk_11

A message is conveyed to the conference from the Office of the Transitional Chief Executive, United Kingdom of Buryatia:

"We have been updated on the negotiations thus far and take this opportunity to voice our strong opposition to what appears to be nothing more than a rapid expansion into Asia on the part of Yamato. The pace at which Yamato is expanding into new territory is becoming a concern to us because of its impact on the future of the region, as well as its impact on Asian stability.

It is the policy of our government to oppose expansionism in the asian region as no good usually comes from it."

The representative got out a booklet from the bag he brought with him and places it on the table.

"Before we go on, it seems we need to clarify some misassumptions. Basically, the world thinks that we are "Japanese", which isn't true. We are a people of Japanese AND Koreans, with some Mongols mixed in. You should read our history.

Now getting to your argument: Do the census and get over it. As for your argument agains the "doctrine", I do not see how it is relevent given how more than half of our population originally came from the mainland before being forced to move to New Guinea."

Edited by Sumeragi