Dragon Empire: The Imperial Congress and its daily actions.

Anthony Davis spoke up, "I can confirm that the voice of the interrogator on the tape is Maelstrom Vortex, the chairman of Dragonisia. The deal was first reviewed by him and he decided this is definitely a matter for legislative consideration given the complexities. The floor is now open to discussion about this topic. Does anyone have any questions or items they wish to discuss involving this topic?"

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingdom of Cochin does not object to inclusion of Artemis Global Services into the Dragon Empire. We are not totally comfortable with allying with a mercenary group but we can certainly live with that.

"Nearer the border will be alright, but not right up to. We don't want to give the impression we're in an aggressive state." Maelstrom would note. "Additionally, Promised land is now a honorary voting member of the Legislature not bound by treaty to the Empire."

At this point, the diplomat that had been waiting outside was notified of the decision.

Expressing her thanks, she took a seat at the discussions.

----

At the entrance of the Artemis Security representative, the diplomat simply listened.

"I have a question. What would Artemis' policy be toward contracts that might conflict with the interests of the Dragon Empire's allies?"

The Kingdom of Cochin is not favorable to letting mercenary corporations having a free reign in our nation. What rules and what laws govern them?

"Of course, we would not have 'free reign'. You seem to be misunderstanding - we do not wish to have huge operations or take over any existing businesses or even be a major entity within the nations of the Empire. We would simply use Dragon Empire land as a headquarters and perhaps training grounds with permission. Your own laws and rules would govern our business within the Empire."

The Melvin Republic supports Artemis's move into our Empire, under one condition - All of their weapons and goods must be purchased from within the Empire.

"We manufacture our own weapons and goods to ensure that all equipment comes under the same standard of quality. If you wish for us to build within the Empire, it is something we will certainly accept - but they must be built to our standards and with our factory blueprints."

At the entrance of the Artemis Security representative, the diplomat simply listened.

"I have a question. What would Artemis' policy be toward contracts that might conflict with the interests of the Dragon Empire's allies?"

"As long as it does not directly interfere with Dragon Empire activities or operations, we would see no reason to decline a contract. If there's the possibility that it might interfere with the 'interests' of the Dragon Empire, we will of course run it through you before accepting. While the majority of our contracts are private, anything that deals with the Dragon Empire will, of course, be public to each of your governments."

"Does anyone else here wish to hear more before we begin the rounds of voting on this issue? If not, voting will begin soon."

A few minutes later Davis stated.

"A new concern has been brought to our attention in that foreign nations, including those to which we have a treaty, perceive you as a terrorist organization and war criminals. We hadn't been informed of their position on this matter before and it brings your presence in our state into a disturbing light. I am less inclined to favor this arrangement."

Davis submitted the statement from Greater Aoetearoa to other members of the Legislature for review.

"I'm not fond at the concept of angering our allies."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"A new concern has been brought to our attention in that foreign nations, including those to which we have a treaty, perceive you as a terrorist organization and war criminals. We hadn't been informed of their position on this matter before and it brings your presence in our state into a disturbing light. I am less inclined to favor this arrangement."

"This is the first time in our history Artemis has even heard the term 'war criminals', although we believe GA has always considered us 'terrorists'. They also believe that any nation who allows people to have cars is an ignorant nation and any country without policies exact to theirs to be backwards and substandard." Dani smiled and shook her head. "If we were terrorists and war criminals, why do we make putting a civilian in danger punishable by death? Why so we ban chemical and biological weapons except to defend ourselves in case of a sudden, unjustified attack on an Artemis base? Why have we banned the use of nuclear weapons? Why do we commit to defend the Dragon Empire, the UMS, the Hansa and Bavaria for helping us? Are we still terrorists and war criminals for having a higher standard of ethics than half of the countries on this planet?"

The Kingdom of Cochin wants to inform fellow Dragon Empire members that we are going to conduct a Ballistic Missile test which shall traverse the space over DE. The track shall be over Cochin, Dragonisia, Andonia and Tibet. This is an unarmed test and we want to conduct it mainly to ascertain the range and Circular Error Probable.

We shall inform the likely date if DE members do not object to it.

This same test could be used to calibrate our Missile Defense Systems.

"This is the first time in our history Artemis has even heard the term 'war criminals', although we believe GA has always considered us 'terrorists'. They also believe that any nation who allows people to have cars is an ignorant nation and any country without policies exact to theirs to be backwards and substandard." Dani smiled and shook her head. "If we were terrorists and war criminals, why do we make putting a civilian in danger punishable by death? Why so we ban chemical and biological weapons except to defend ourselves in case of a sudden, unjustified attack on an Artemis base? Why have we banned the use of nuclear weapons? Why do we commit to defend the Dragon Empire, the UMS, the Hansa and Bavaria for helping us? Are we still terrorists and war criminals for having a higher standard of ethics than half of the countries on this planet?"

"We understand your position, I just do not think we can tolerate a breach in relations with Greater Aotearoa. All the same, this is a group decision. Since no other questions have yet to come forward on this issue, we shall begin voting now."

Dragonisia Abstains, we are going to wait and see what our brothers and sisters think before we place our vote on this concern.

Accept Artemis Global Security defense, presence, and bases?

Abstain - 2 (Promised land, Dragon Empire)

For - 1 (Cochin)

Against - 0 (Unspecified)

"Considering the statement made by GA, regretfully, I must change my vote to no."

OOC: For clarification, though IC you wouldn't know it, my nation is wary of that particular neighbor, especially considering certain discussions that will be taking place soon. Otherwise he would remain on abstaining from the vote.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Considering the statement made by GA, regretfully, I must change my vote to no."

OOC: For clarification, though IC you wouldn't know it, my nation is wary of that particular neighbor, especially considering certain discussions that will be taking place soon. Otherwise he would remain on abstaining from the vote.

"Perhaps this statement can be used to persuade you. The GA isn't known for impartiality, objectiveness or even using complete facts in their statements. I understand that you may be afraid that GA might be angered - but when you let one nation tell you what to do out of fear, you have already lost."

Edited by Sargun

Davis laughed, "We do not fear Greater Aotearoa. We're on good footing with them. They are our comrades. We might even be giving them an old enclave of ours soon to care for. I think Artemis underestimates our sense of strength. You won't make us change our minds by insinuating were are cowards or lack a backbone when that is so far from the truth. War with the Empire, especially unjustified, is practically war with the world. Everyone knows this. Your allowance to be present in our state would simply be another gun in the arsenal, or another soldier on the front. It helps, but it won't make or break a conflict."

"I understand Greater Aotearoa is not impartial. There is not a government on earth that is impartial. We all have our own agendas and objectives. That does not mean that we cannot work with them to a better tomorrow. It is very well possible this world no longer needs Mercenaries when there are already sufficient forces to enforce the peace organized towards that agenda."

"Dragonisia after evaluating the geopolitical situation, follows the lead of its fathering state and that states wisdom. As Promised Land has voted no, we shall also."

Accept Artemis Global Security defense, presence, and bases?

Abstain - 0 (Unspecified)

For - 1 (Cochin)

Against - 2 (Dragonisia, Promised Land)

"Artemis withdraws their application. Fools cannot be swayed," she said gently, then, "Thank you all for listening."

With that, she simply left, leaving everything she had brought behind.

Edited by Sargun

OOC: Just because two have voted against doesn't mean you're out, you know. Either way, it's still your choice to leave, so that's the last I'll say on the matter.

OOC: The Empire is only as strong as it's weakest member - and he voted no.

"Artemis withdraws their application. Fools cannot be swayed," she said gently, then, "Thank you all for listening."

With that, she simply left, leaving everything she had brought behind.

"It's a pity you haven't even let the other members vote.. If this is the level of maturity and spitefulness your organization's leadership acts with then I feel very comfortable in my decision."

"It's a pity you haven't even let the other members vote.."

As she was nearing the exit, she turned slightly and shook her head. "We will not be one to upset relations within the Empire - you seem to care more what Aotearoa thinks about you than what your own member nations do."

"You haven't even heard them speak their voice yet to know what they think of your presentation. I formulated my opinion based on your presentation and your behavior in addition to the input from the world stage. We are a very large empire. We have many friends around the world. We can't just think within the box, we must also think outside it and about what the globe thinks of our actions. It is the sign of a mature empire that seeks to keep the world at peace and in relative unity."

As an emergency action, to act as a deterrence against war in Asia against our friends of Lu Empire who have been working so closely with myself and Cochin, I have authorized a guarantee of independence for Lu Empire. I now bring this guarantee to Legislature to ensure it has the backing of the Imperial Legislature. Do we wish to make this a permanent guarantee until revoked?

Dragonisia votes yes.

I've begun a troop draw down of Dragonisian troops from the African theater where our objectives have been mostly achieved from 150,000 to 50,000.