Dragon Empire: The Imperial Congress and its daily actions.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Classified Message to the Dragon Empire*

"We the ,Pax Pacis, would like to enquire to joining the Dragon Bloc as an observer seeing as how the Dragon Bloc's decisions can possibly effect us. However, we are unsure of how or where to apply for such could you please provide us assistance for this manner"

OOC: Sorry didn't know where to post I tried looking could you link me to the right thread?

"The Chairman, as sitting executor of the Bloc on behalf of the Empire, authorize Pax Pacis as an observing member of the bloc." Davis stated on Maelstrom's behalf.

ooc: I'll get it for you.

We're going to use this one because I think the other IC discussion thread is graveyarded from how long its' been since there's been any real bloc activity.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

President Landry appeared on a television screen:

"My comrades I have fallen very ill as of late, and I will not be participating in our affairs as actively as I was before. The Republican Congress will be taking over the affairs of our state. They are unbelievably slow, but very reasonable people. I am essentially trusting my economy and military with the Empire."

OOC: Vacation for a week

ooc: thanks MV. My health has gotten much better, just a heads up for spotty activity.

ic:"Thanks for get-well wishes, they are much appreciated."

President Landry coughed, then said,

"I'd like to address the selling off of our strategic oil reserve. This has been acted upon without our approval, and at this very moment the volatile energy market is seeing a huge decrease in invested assets. This may not mean much elsewhere, but within the Republic this is horrifying news."

The President coughed again, "Dragonisia, you do an excellent job in directing this Empire and the degree of autonomy you carry is MUCH deserved. However, whenever economic decisions are to be made I need to be informed and supportive. This is not a threat or demand, in fact if you wish to continue I will still support you and the Empire. However, we must keep in mind that I may be impeached at any time if my citizens are unhappy, and they get REALLY unhappy when they watch their energy investments start tanking."

"President Landry. Our strategic oil reserve is in tact. The only thing sold was oil company equities. The raw oil has been retained. We understand there is still a use for raw oil. The volatility is a confidence issue. With you taking up the slack and buying the stocks being sold at the imperial level things should stabilize, but we would recommend a gradual sell down by your reserves as the Empire as a whole is moving towards alternative energy solutions which will inevitably significantly reduce our dependency. A lot of this is because of hydroponics efforts and there is nothing created from petroleum that cannot be created from plants. By all means, only sell equity, do not sel the oil. We plan on using the oil."

"If your citizens start to be impacted we can accomodate them by providing write-offs on taxes for their losses and also offering economic loss insurance from the gains of the imperial treasury. We'll keep an eye on your public opinion reports and if it comes to be needed we will intervene to help you sustain support if the negative impact is being caused by our collective action.." Anthony Davis would note.

"What sort of alternate energy sources are you considering? Promised Land has, for the longest time, been an expert in the utilization of solar power. We realize this may not be practical considering the climates of some of your member states, but for those who do get a lot of sun, we are willing to help in this area."

"You may help wherever logically practical. Your corporate enterprises are more than welcome in Dragonisia which is a free market state."

"The thing is, while we know in general that there are certainly places we can help within the Empire, we need to know where our help would do the most good."

"President Landry. Our strategic oil reserve is in tact. The only thing sold was oil company equities. The raw oil has been retained. We understand there is still a use for raw oil. The volatility is a confidence issue. With you taking up the slack and buying the stocks being sold at the imperial level things should stabilize, but we would recommend a gradual sell down by your reserves as the Empire as a whole is moving towards alternative energy solutions which will inevitably significantly reduce our dependency. A lot of this is because of hydroponics efforts and there is nothing created from petroleum that cannot be created from plants. By all means, only sell equity, do not sel the oil. We plan on using the oil."

"If your citizens start to be impacted we can accomodate them by providing write-offs on taxes for their losses and also offering economic loss insurance from the gains of the imperial treasury. We'll keep an eye on your public opinion reports and if it comes to be needed we will intervene to help you sustain support if the negative impact is being caused by our collective action.." Anthony Davis would note.

Thank you for the timely response. If any more market issues arise, I will address them within these chambers. The market seems to be under control, and in good hands, for the moment.

Update on MUMS project

Surveying has been complete, and the schematics have been altered to exclude the NPR (which seceded from the Empire).

Construction and blasting for the tunnels has begun, and engineers claim that the preliminary tunneling will be finished in one year.

President Landry:

"We have a question for the state of Dragonisia. I noticed we were a member of the World Congress, what responsibilities and restrictions come with that membership?"

Edited by sir jesus

Update on MUMS project

Surveying has been complete, and the schematics have been altered to exclude the NPR (which seceded from the Empire).

Construction and blasting for the tunnels has begun, and engineers claim that the preliminary tunneling will be finished in one year.

President Landry:

"We have a question for the state of Dragonisia. I noticed we were a member of the World Congress, what responsibilities and restrictions come with that membership?"

"Not many, think of it kind of as a world forum. We attempt to work with the members to solve the world's problems and there is a bit of a mutual defense agreement among the members. We may leave it though if it becomes a problem, but I don't forsee that happening, if anything their agenda has very much frequently been in line with our own in securing peace and stability. We have no interest in the current world order changing, it befits our interests in that we are currently dominant without being oppressive. Our people are witnessing a golden age of unparalleled prosperity. Thus anything that moves to sustain that balance is definitely in our favor."

Anthony Davis noted. Maelstrom was still away in Viniland talking diplomacy and economics and working on an agreement to be proposed to this body.

In recognition that the Empire is a unified entity, we believe it would be wise to consolidate currencies. While states may retain their current domestic currencies, all new issued currency would be in the Talon format. This also allows the Empire to pool its collective currency strength and backed by the Sovereign Wealth Fund acting as the central federal reserve would allow us unparalleled trading leverage given the amount of resources we are collectively managing. The strength of currency is its bargaining power.. and with unity that strength magnifies intensely. Monetary policy would be handled and administered via the Sovereign Wealth Fund under this initiative and its chairman would be appointed by the Legislature.

Dragonisia votes yes to this very logical act.

A courier delivers the following message to the office of Anthony Davis in a plain yellow Manila envelope.

To: Anthony Davis & the other leaders of the Dragon Bloc.

Novus Niciae would like to apply for membership in the dragon bloc.

I have been involved with the dragon empire in the past and I have assisted my father and the former president of Neo Olympia in establishing itself and I wish to reassert my commitment to the stability of the dragon bloc and now that we have the capability to care for ourselves again we can now turn our attention outwards and resume our place at the table and advise the bloc on matters that we have some degree of skill in.

Military wise we are non-aggressive and we maintain a defence force that is sufficient for the purpose of maintaining our sovereignty and internal security, but we are firmly committed to the idea of non-aggression so we will only intervene with troops if we or our close allies are attacked without just cause and diplomacy has been tried and it has failed.

Signed

Prime Minister Abigail Johns

Novus Niciae

OOC: I can research various topics that dragon bloc members might have an interest in and provide a plain English summery of the topic as well as some links to non subscription websites for further background reading if I have some spare time available. Just send me a PM on the forum and I will start the research if I have time.