Dragon Empire: The Imperial Congress and its daily actions.

"You have been confirmed as a Promised Land Lieutenant. Thank you for your confirmation. We are pleased to see that Kingswell is in control, even if she has been wounded. In order to carry out negotiations, we ask that a representative be sent in Valerie's place."

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You have been confirmed as a Promised Land Lieutenant. Thank you for your confirmation. We are pleased to see that Kingswell is in control, even if she has been wounded. In order to carry out negotiations, we ask that a representative be sent in Valerie's place."

"Confirm that. A rep will be sent ASAP. Walsh out."

Orders were given to RCDF forces to halt in their offensive. As long as the peace negotiations continue Cochin forces shall not be moving further into Pax Pacis. The fighters are now maintaining a constant CAP and engaging in radar feints to draw responses from Pax Pacis air defenses, as if the hostilities resume it would be best to go about it quick and clean.

The Dragonisian forces had moved forces with the Empire under Anthony Davis' instructions. When word was finally received from something resembling a rebel government.. he'd ordered a stay in the advance as per Sir Jesus' satellite imagery.

"I think now is a good time to review the situation again. We need new terms, the old terms did expire as of 6 PM local time today so we were in our right on the advance. We've secured a buffer zone against aggression that should push 150 mm Artillery outside of firing arc of our borders. I suggest that this is a good spot for us to establish a holding line." Davis noted.

The Triumvirate Adviser joined the legislature from his duties abroad via com-link. "I hear the treaty with Viniland has been approved by majority vote this is good news. I have been a bit occupied, but I've been watching the war from afar and I must say Landry.. that was a plan well made and well executed. Congratulations to you and my cohorts in the Empire. I'll be honest in saying that for a time I was afraid of keeping my hands off the steering wheels as I'd feared someone would drive the Empire into a wall diplomatically.. but you have all proven that you can strike a very precise and delicate balance between the sword and the olive branch. I am most impressed and perhaps I'll.. take another vacation.. at this rate.. perhaps one that actually goes its full term. Anyhow, I'll inform Viniland of the good news. Someone needs to draw up new terms for Pax Pacis. Either Davis can do that or any other proposal to the floor is welcome. We need to recognize the hand of the people of Pax Pacis in having chosen their government, but also the fault of the old government in being the perpetrator of the crime. We must convey the cost to the population and people of Pax Pacis and its new government yet not go so far as to break them in twain."

"A just punishment is hard to strike, that said, I wish whoever does write the terms luck and I hope to be back amongst you soon. I'm keeping a close eye on the epidemic in West India. I'm hoping we can get that controlled soon. Either way, I'm coming home. My doctors are saying due to my unique cell structures the virus may not be able to affect me anyhow... so.. maybe I'm in luck and can continue my roles unhindered. I need to be among my people during these trials. See you after the signing ceremony, Maelstrom out." The transmission cut.

Anthony Davis spoke up on the Khmer issue on behalf of Dragonisia, "We second the ultimatum to Khmer regarding their murdering of our ten diplomats."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

A Pax Pacis diplomat has been dispatched to the Dragon Empire to assist with the surrender terms on behalf of Lady Kingswell who is currently under going emergency operation in hospital. If someone could draw up the "new" surrender terms then we can see about working a measure of peace out.

New Pax Pacis Surrender Term Proposal:

1. All land seized by the recent offensive will fall into the hands of the state of the Melvin Republic to to administer as a DMZ region to provide a buffer of safety between itself and the formerly rogue state of Pax Pacis. With improving relations this land may possibly be recovered later through negotiations if Melvin Republic sees fit to release it.

2. Pax Pacis must make it a constitutional law in their new government that they will not attack the Dragon Empire in any way save for their own defense or because of direct provocation against them.

3. All former members of the Pax Pacis government involved in the unjustified attack on the Empire will be surrendered to the Empire to be interned at a prisoner of war camp where they will be provided for and given a high standard of living, but restricted from all activities against the empire in any political fashion around the world. Visitations will be allowed, but monitored. The act of murder carries a sentence of a life term.

4. The government of Pax Pacis will make payment on behalf of its people to the Dragon Empire equal to the value of the damage sustained in its initial attack and the subsequent offensive as well as for the cost of all life insurance policies which had to be redeemed in the name of the fallen.

5. The government of Pax Pacis will make payment on behalf of its people to the families of the fallen among the Pax Pacis army equal to the value of a Dragonisian Soldier's Life Insurance policy, if they have not done so already by prior arrangement internally to compensate these families for the foolish expenditure of the blood of their sons and daughters.

6. An internal monitor will be appointed to the Pax Pacis executive branch from the Dragon Empire who will have unrestricted access to all executive communications and orders to ensure that this tragedy cannot be repeated without forewarning.

7. The articles of these terms may be rescinded by the Empire at will without an initiation of hostilities or a state of war. Rescinding the terms means that Pax Pacis is released from the terms, not that new hostilities are being declared. Pax Pacis does not have the ability to rescind the terms and the terms remain compulsory until the Dragon Empire has rescinded them. The Dragon Empire has lost faith in the ability of the Pax Pacis people to govern themselves without belligerence... and until that faith is restored these measures are necessary.

Dragonisia approves these terms. They are open to amendment and discussion of the terms is now open to the floor.

"Whilst we can agree with most of the terms we do have a number of issues. Firstly none of the government, minus a few low level officials, remains in Pax Pacis from all reports it looks like they fled the nation before the offensive began, secondly we shall not be giving up any land at all, if you wish to make a buffer zone do it on your own land not ours!"

"Your nation started the war. If anyone provides the DMZ, it will be you. This is not negotiable.. at least not at this time. I believe the other members of this council would agree. You have the burden of causality upon your nation's shoulders. Did you expect to get away with this with just a slap on the wrist?" Davis directed the statement at the Pax Pacis representative.

"It is quite simple you will be geting no land from us. Ever. We shall create this DMZ of yours but it will be done on the land that belongs to us. The war might have been started by us but it was instigated by an outsider who wanted to see our nation destroyed. So as I have said you will be recieving no land from the Pax Pacis."

"No. The Khmer Empire commited a highly dishonorable act, and you piled yourself unto it by dishonoring yourselves. You should be ashamed of yourselves."

"Say what you will but honour means very little these days now if you won't contribute anything useful then please don't contribute at all".

"Well, let us see what the council thinks on your proposal to the amendment that you retain the land and administer the DMZ yourselves. Considering we had trusted your people previously to exist in peace on our southern border, I anticipate it will be a hard sell. Dragonisia votes no to the amendment which will be stated for clarity below. With the ex-leaders fled we recognize there may be no one to prosecute. In absence of the persons a full dossier on the old government would be acceptable that way they may be added to our terror watch-lists."

Amendment to Article 1 of the surrender terms:

1. Pax Pacis will establish a DMZ of no less than 50 miles across which will be administered by them on the southern border with the Melvin Republic. The 50 mile depth is required to put all ground surface to surface missile artillery and standard artillery out of range of the southern borders. It will be noted that any movement of military hardware into this zone would constitute a renewal of the state of war against the Dragon Empire and be interpreted as an act of aggression subject to the execution of treaties of defense of the Empire. Violation of this zone will be recognized as the Pax Pacis government rescinding its own sovereignty.. permanently.

"So we reach an impasse then. It seems we will be staring down each other's barrels for years to come still if that is how it must be then I guess I can not argue it. Now I must go make a phone call as Lady Kingswell should be coming out of surgery" with that the diplomat left the room and stepped outside to make the phone call in private.

"No, if you turn these terms down and fail to negotiate a peaceful outcome, the offensive resumes until you either accept terms or your state no longer officially exists. The legislature is still reviewing the terms. Failure to accept and/or negotiate terms will demonstrate no difference of behavior between the old and new regime in like manner. To replace arrogant warmongers with arrogant warmongers is not a solution to our problem."

"The first set of terms expired. They were set to do so in 24 hours and that time was up a long time ago and before the second offensive. Unless you are indicating the current terms being proposed.. which aren't yet fully approved, but once they are you are free to accept if you like them. Until that time we're in a state of ceasefire to prevent any additional flareups."

"The first set of terms expired. They were set to do so in 24 hours and that time was up a long time ago and before the second offensive. Unless you are indicating the current terms being proposed.. which aren't yet fully approved, but once they are you are free to accept if you like them. Until that time we're in a state of ceasefire to prevent any additional flareups."

"Yes the current terms is what we are agreeing to of course that is once they are approved. However, please be aware that I have also been authorised to tell you that no Dragon Empire citizen will ever be allowed entry to Pax Pacis again except from those who you are placing to watch our government"

Kingdom of Cochin finds itself in agreement to the terms offered to Pax Pacis. We are also partially agreeable regarding Amendment to Article 1. Pax Pacis need not transfer the land so long as it agrees to abide by the DMZ rule. We also insist that a Dragon Empire patrolling force shall have full authority to inspect the DMZ at any time without prior warning.

The Melvin Republic votes aye to the Dragonisia's proposal. The deal is finalized, and the territory currently occupied by Empire soldiers belongs us as a temporary DMZ. As a sign of good will, the Empire will withdraw all tanks and armored divisions from the area.

Imperial Congress, I ask that you review my proposal on the Khmer Empire Ultimatum. We cannot let the deaths of our trusted and friendly diplomats, they will not sacrifice their lives and have it be unanswered by the Draong Empire. The proposal currently has 2 "aye" votes, one more and the ultimatum will be issued.