Dooms Day 6-6-2009

You might not need luck, actually. TimLee is no nueb and you'll probably be three or four alliances down the road by the time the war ends anyway. :P

We won't need too much luck. We have great gov, great members, and awesome allies. Also, I hate lucky charms.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So putting your alliance on a new colour team makes you as bad as NPO now? Since when has switching team colours been a crime?

Where did I say that moving to a new color made anyone as bad as any other? What I did say was that taking advantage of a situation in such a manner was in bad form in my own opinion, though admittedly in not so many words. Nice try at negating my opinion by attempting to make it look petty. :rolleyes:

If you believe in something and believe that what you are doing is just and right, you do not wait till you have all the cards stacked in your favor and make it blatant that you are taking that opportunity because of that. You would do what you think is just and right at any time, odds or no odds. If this is the right thing to do, which in some ways I agree, but not totally, then why was it not done previous to NPO getting stomped on and subsequently too busy to actually react to a post basically stating, we are here whether you like it or not.

My one question if I may is, will the (pardon if I have the wrong doctrine in mind) protection of "None" nations from tech raiding still exist by this new alliance as part of this move on NPO? Is that not part of the Moldavi Doctrine that is being shamed here?

Im not saying the doctrines are the same. Im saying that the arguments for how it is "wrong" for alliances to join Red now that NPO is down worked the same for why it was "wrong" to take a senate from GOONS while they were down. If you !@#$%* about one and supported the other you are a hypocrite.

Yes I was a Goonland Security Act supporter, I just was in CDS(One of the biggest GOONS enemy) because I was a Spy, fought and was ZIed for GOONS in GW2 and GW3 for the lulz.

I don't know why I still reply posts like this. -_-

My one question if I may is, will the (pardon if I have the wrong doctrine in mind) protection of "None" nations from tech raiding still exist by this new alliance as part of this move on NPO? Is that not part of the Moldavi Doctrine that is being shamed here?

You're thinking of the Revenge Doctrine. Also, this alliance is moving onto red, not NPO. There is no innate responsibility an alliance has to protect the sphere they reside on and coupled with the size of this alliance, I doubt they will be extending their own version of the Revenge Doctrine.

Where did I say that moving to a new color made anyone as bad as any other? What I did say was that taking advantage of a situation in such a manner was in bad form in my own opinion, though admittedly in not so many words. Nice try at negating my opinion by attempting to make it look petty. :rolleyes:

If you believe in something and believe that what you are doing is just and right, you do not wait till you have all the cards stacked in your favor and make it blatant that you are taking that opportunity because of that. You would do what you think is just and right at any time, odds or no odds. If this is the right thing to do, which in some ways I agree, but not totally, then why was it not done previous to NPO getting stomped on and subsequently too busy to actually react to a post basically stating, we are here whether you like it or not.

Creating an alliance and placing it on a color sphere has very little to do with, as you put it most ignorantly "doing whats right". In my humble opinion, there nothing wrong with making sure the odds are stacked in your favor before taking the leap of becoming a newly formed alliance. Had they tried to place an alliance on the red sphere before the NPO-stomping began, what would you guess their chances of success would have been?

Think before you speak as this has, from where I am standing at any rate, NOTHING to do with whats right and whats not.

Regards

-Romeo Valenti

I'm with you! I hate it when people disrespect rules just because nobody can enforce them. I've been telling people for months that I'm the sovereign of the black team and that nobody is allowed to join or stay on black without my written permission. They just won't listen though. Just because I got no way to enforce my rule. As of today not a single black nation have asked for my permission to be on my sphere. They're all big bullies taking advantage of the fact that I can't enforce it. :(

For shame!

Seriously? Your going to back up NPO's side just because no one has asked you to be on the black team? Come on!

In the words of

B)

To the contrary mag, unlike many alliances which succumb to fear and thus enable that which they oppose, FIRE deserves a pat on the back for having the courage to do what others lack the balls to do.

If they had balls, they would of done this a while ago. Not now. But, who am I to ruin a party. Congratulations on the new alliance and I hope you guys can find peace wherever you are.

Also, fans of Avatar?

If they had balls, they would of done this a while ago.
Of course they are taking advantage of a situation, doing this three months ago wouldn't have been ballsy, it'd have been bloody foolish and an absolute catastrophe.

Read the topic, try again. Better luck next time.

Edited by Carter

This is a tad confusing. It seems to me like you're disrespecting NPO's Moldavi Doctrine due to their current inability to enforce it in the first sentence, then hoping that they'll welcome you with open arms in the second.

While I wish you well in your endeavour, it seems that you're starting off on some shaky diplomatic footing.

I'm afraid i have to agree with this statement.

I notice quite a few former GGA members amongst your ranks and i wish you the best, but taking advantage of an other alliance... i would have preferred a more diplomatic approach instead of this road taken.

I'm afraid i have to agree with this statement.

I notice quite a few former GGA members amongst your ranks and i wish you the best, but taking advantage of an other alliance... i would have preferred a more diplomatic approach instead of this road taken.

What road are we taking? I've seen no violence just the start of a peaceful transition to the red team. I requested an Embassy on NPO forums on the eighth. I've yet to receive a response on their end though they have sent us a diplomat.

I don't expect NPO and FIRE to be buddy buddy. For example I'll use GGA. GGA and GPA have never truly gotten along, but have co-existed on the Green Team for over two-three years. You don't have to like your neighbors just co-exist.

Having balls and being absolutely naive/stupid are two completely different things

I agree. But pretending you have guts for doing this now when of course NPO won't be able to stop you, is stupid. But lets end this, good luck to your alliance.

It'll be funny when NPO sanctions 15 of your nations :v:

They may or may not. It will be a good while until we actually violate any of the doctrines. 50 Red Nations will take us some time to transition into trade circles. Though we have heard a lot of this new nicer NPO and I don't intend to judge them by anything short of the actions they show over the course from June 6th on out.

Also, for the whiners everyone knows if this war is to ever end I'm 95% sure it will include the dissolution of both doctrines. Consider this a jump start.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by TimLee

What road are we taking? I've seen no violence just the start of a peaceful transition to the red team. I requested an Embassy on NPO forums on the eighth. I've yet to receive a response on their end though they have sent us a diplomat.

I don't expect NPO and FIRE to be buddy buddy. For example I'll use GGA. GGA and GPA have never truly gotten along, but have co-existed on the Green Team for over two-three years. You don't have to like your neighbors just co-exist.

The road i'm referring to is the "Touch guy" approach you're taking by stating that NPO can no longer enforce their doctrine and thus moving to the red sphere.

Directly followed by stating you wish to cooperate on the red team.

First you slam the door in the face of (still) by far the largest red alliance and then you knock on it saying you wish to work with them.

Those actions are in direct contradiction of each other.

I wish any new alliance the best esp. when it hold a number of former GGA members whom i worked with in the past, but to create stability you should have taken a different approach.

Forgive me if I don't take stability advice from GGA.

Poorly Worded if more then anything though I'll let people believe what they want. Everyone had formed an opinion the minute they read the OP will attempt to spin parts to meet their own agenda and goals . We recognize if we moved sooner we would face destruction. We recognize the only reason we aren't attacked is because they are busy. We do hope to eventually settle our differences and have some form of relations. I do wish you and GGA the best.

I don't expect NPO and FIRE to be buddy buddy. For example I'll use GGA. GGA and GPA have never truly gotten along, but have co-existed on the Green Team for over two-three years.

That's one example. Here's another.

Auric Armada and FAN.

What is the plan of action when the war ends? I have a feeling your name has been taken down on a list. When the smoke clears, they will come after you. Assuming the peace terms are not geared towards any Red Team affairs.

You say you want to play ball with the NPO in the future. I have a feeling they will take their ball and go home.