What is your nation's government and religion?

Pikachurin

CN Demographics  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to have a Republic and Mixed government and religion but I chose democracy because of that happiness and environment bonus.

By the way........................... my real life country is a Republic with Mixed religion but still dominated by Christianity specially Roman Catholic with 84% of the population.

Just to give ya all some info. :)

why the hell is there a poll on this? I don't know if anyone's mentioned yet, but the figures are right in the game to tell you, which gives you a far better "poll" since the sample covers the entire game's population and not just those who frequent the forums.

why the hell is there a poll on this? I don't know if anyone's mentioned yet, but the figures are right in the game to tell you, which gives you a far better "poll" since the sample covers the entire game's population and not just those who frequent the forums.

I think the poll is here so we can explain WHY we pick the ones we do.

To me it would be interesting to compare the results of this poll to the results for the entire CN populace.

For the same reason we use these forums instead of just PMing each other/declaring war ingame. :P

Community.

I think the poll is here so we can explain WHY we pick the ones we do.

hmm... let me take a stab at that one... I think it might be cause that's what the game told you to pick to get the happiness bonus.

edit: with the exception of governments where there's certain choices which are clearly dominant. on further thought, maybe religion should have some pros and cons too? hmmm

Edited by hizzy

To me it would be interesting to compare the results of this poll to the results for the entire CN populace.

Not too far off, actually.

In religions, 'none' is over-represented by forum users, while 'mixed' is under-represented. These are the only significant deviances which indicate that users with 'none' will have a higher tendency to frequent the forums.

In governments the top 3 combo (monarchy, democracy, and capitalist) are clearly dominant both in the game and in our sample, however these are significantly over-represented by the forum sample, suggesting that forum users are more aware of their advantages.

You may have actually answered your own question - it might be interesting to compare the results of this poll with the statistics in the game, and see if they differ in any major way. After all, forum-based players tend to be more "hardcore" than the rest of the playerbase, more inclined to pick options which are effective as opposed to ones that are aesthetic, etc. Plus, people who spend a lot of time on the forums (and who are willing to answer polls) are probably older nations, and may have Wonders like the Great Temple and Great Monument (meaning their choice of government and religion reflects their own desires instead of those of their people).

For instance, notice that the government types most people consider to have strong game advantages (like Capitalist, Democracy, and Monarchy) rank higher in this poll than they do in-game. "Bad" governments (like Totalitarian, Transitional, and Revolutionary) are all much higher in-game than they are here.

No religion is apparently FAR more popular on the forums (~22.9%) than in-game (~11.8%), which says interesting things. Mixed, Islam, and Sikhism are apparently significantly less popular here, Norse is more popular here, etc.

For instance, notice that the government types most people consider to have strong game advantages (like Capitalist, Democracy, and Monarchy) rank higher in this poll than they do in-game. "Bad" governments (like Totalitarian, Transitional, and Revolutionary) are all much higher in-game than they are here.

No religion is apparently FAR more popular on the forums (~22.9%) than in-game (~11.8%), which says interesting things. Mixed, Islam, and Sikhism are apparently significantly less popular here, Norse is more popular here, etc.

Oddly enough though, the governments with strong advantages aren't that much more popular among forums users as the 'no religion' option is (with respect to the in-game stats).

My nation abandoned religion long ago, this isn't to say there aren't still isolated churches dotting the countryside however. While religion is frowned upon, we generally allow them to worship provided there aren't any negative or reactionary effects of their practice.