TFD Treaty Announcement

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choose your friends based on the actions shown towards you not towards others.

I have some good friends in TFD. People I've known for a long time. Solid folks.

I wouldn't think half as much of them as I do now if they ran around treating others like dirt, and my gut tells me the feeling is mutual.

If there's one thing that is inevitable on Planet Bob, is that the actions we think only "happen to others" will, without a doubt, happen to us. How many alliances have boldly stated "so what if so-and-so betrayed him-or-her? Our relationship is different" only to be next in line for a knife in the back? How many alliances have signed treaties with unreliable allies under false promises that this time they really do wub them? How many have had their deepest secrets exposed simply because they shared it with someone who was not trustworthy, but promised them that they had changed?

The ONLY thing you can judge someone on is how they treat others. The way they treat you will ALWAYS be good, whether they're true friends or not. But the way they treat others lets you know who they really are.

I have some good friends in TFD. People I've known for a long time. Solid folks.

I wouldn't think half as much of them as I do now if they ran around treating others like dirt, and my gut tells me the feeling is mutual.

If there's one thing that is inevitable on Planet Bob, is that the actions we think only "happen to others" will, without a doubt, happen to us. How many alliances have boldly stated "so what if so-and-so betrayed him-or-her? Our relationship is different" only to be next in line for a knife in the back? How many alliances have signed treaties with unreliable allies under false promises that this time they really do wub them? How many have had their deepest secrets exposed simply because they shared it with someone who was not trustworthy, but promised them that they had changed?

The ONLY thing you can judge someone on is how they treat others. The way they treat you will ALWAYS be good, whether they're true friends or not. But the way they treat others lets you know who they really are.

ITT Hizzy posts what I wanted but I was too lazy. Well said.

Well, you are saying it. We will always treat them good, so I don't think there is a problem with the treaty. That said, whether it is a true friendship or not, needs to be determined by TSO and by TFD, I hardly believe anyone else is capable of doing that for them.

According to your line of argumentation it is better to listen to other people than making an own opinion, if that is what you want to tell them, fine, I disagree. I'd rather go to people myself and see what they are up to.

That said, we treat people like they treat us. That has never been different and will never be different.

Edit: go not to

Edited by Baden-Württemberg

According to your line of argumentation it is better to listen to other people than making an own opinion, if that is what you want to tell them, fine, I disagree. I'd rather to to people myself and see what they are up to.

As usual you have totally missed the point. Let me break it down for you.

1. A claim was made that the only thing that mattered was how TSO treats TFD, not how TSO treats others

2. Hizzy explained why that was a stupid FA policy

3. The proper thing to do is to look at how potential allies treat others and therefore know how they may one day treat you.

4. You somehow now think that we are telling you to listen to others

5. No one is talking about that at all and you have no idea what is going on

6. I made a numbered list which I enjoyed

Now you are caught up.

As usual you have totally missed the point. Let me break it down for you.

1. A claim was made that the only thing that mattered was how TSO treats TFD, not how TSO treats others

2. Hizzy explained why that was a stupid FA policy

3. The proper thing to do is to look at how potential allies treat others and therefore know how they may one day treat you.

4. You somehow now think that we are telling you to listen to others

5. No one is talking about that at all and you have no idea what is going on

6. I made a numbered list which I enjoyed

Now you are caught up.

1. I have talked about that before.

2. I explained why he is wrong.

3. I don't think you know much about us, especially not how we treat others, which is what I mentioned in my post earlier.

4. I got his point

5. very constructive.

6. I hate lists.

In addition to the fact that I am glad to see TSO branching out and starting its new lease on life--hopefully one that will be free of their past actions--I'd like to thank Penguin in particular for making what appeared to have been the most heartfelt effort at diffusing the angry sentiment in this topic.

I'm disappointed to see that he got one of the most vitriolic responses out of anyone here.

1. I have talked about that before.

2. I explained why he is wrong.

3. I don't think you know much about us, especially not how we treat others, which is what I mentioned in my post earlier.

4. I got his point

5. very constructive.

6. I hate lists.

1. I am not even sure what that means.

2. "It's impossible for that thing that has happened to others dozens of times to happen here!" Yes, very convincing argument.

3. I know a lot of things about a lot of people. I've been doing this for a while.

4. I don't think you do. His point was very straighforward and clear and you replied with a totally different thing that no one was talking about.

5. I try.

6. And now you are making them. How very hypocritical of you.

1. I am not even sure what that means.

2. "It's impossible for that thing that has happened to others dozens of times to happen here!" Yes, very convincing argument.

3. I know a lot of things about a lot of people. I've been doing this for a while.

4. I don't think you do. His point was very straighforward and clear and you replied with a totally different thing that no one was talking about.

5. I try.

6. And now you are making them. How very hypocritical of you.

Despite not having read the rest of the thread... Or perhaps because of it, I found this exchange here on this page rather amusing.

I just felt you should know that(That's a collective you by the way.)

Additionally, and possibly more to the point:

RandomInterrupt, Certain events in the past had caused me to dislike you. However, especially in light of the new era in which we stand on Digiterra, I just don't see the point of staying resentful. Granted, a public forum may not be the best place to say this... But I'm perfectly willing to wipe the slate clean and forget about what may or may not have gone before. And who was/was not responsible, right, etc. etc. etc.

Fair enough? Shall we let the bygone's be? Up to you.

My warmest regards and humblest respects,

Edited by Neuromancer7

Seeing Circlewood's open hatred of NpO saddens me, especially given the strong relationship I've had with Lusitan and other members of TFD government over the past two years.

Considering the assistance we've given each other, and I gave to TFD not a week ago, I would expect him to behave himself at least slightly better.

I'm very disappointed.

judgin an alliance on the words of any one person is a terrible mistake!

Despite not having read the rest of the thread... Or perhaps because of it, I found this exchange here on this page rather amusing.

RandomInterrupt, Certain events in the past had caused me to dislike you. However, especially in light of the new era in which we stand on Digiterra, I just don't see the point of staying resentful. Granted, a public forum may not be the best place to say this... But I'm perfectly willing to wipe the slate clean and forget about what may or may not have gone before. And who was/was not responsible, right, etc. etc. etc.

I've never held anything against you personally so there's nothing to clean off the slate from my end. If I had a list with enemies on it (I don't as I am far too lazy to compile such a thing), you would not be on it. In fact, drop that AA and we'll be all good. However I have nothing but distaste for your alliance and I can't see that changing anytime soon. Unless of course TSO would actually take action to own up to their past mistakes and seek closure. So far they can't even agree that there's anything to own up to, so I think we'll have a long wait.

I've never held anything against you personally so there's nothing to clean off the slate from my end. If I had a list with enemies on it (I don't as I am far too lazy to compile such a thing), you would not be on it. In fact, drop that AA and we'll be all good. However I have nothing but distaste for your alliance and I can't see that changing anytime soon. Unless of course TSO would actually take action to own up to their past mistakes and seek closure. So far they can't even agree that there's anything to own up to, so I think we'll have a long wait.

Interesting post, I think we would be much more open to revisiting the past if we were met halfway, sadly I don't see that ever happening from the other side. c'est la vie

This is actually a good summary of how I view TSO.

Random <_<

I was not expecting to see that there.

GRATS, TFD.

What in your view would constitute closure?

Well, you are saying it. We will always treat them good, so I don't think there is a problem with the treaty. That said, whether it is a true friendship or not, needs to be determined by TSO and by TFD, I hardly believe anyone else is capable of doing that for them.

According to your line of argumentation it is better to listen to other people than making an own opinion, if that is what you want to tell them, fine, I disagree. I'd rather go to people myself and see what they are up to.

That said, we treat people like they treat us. That has never been different and will never be different.

Edit: go not to

Not once in my line of argumentation have I mentioned listening to other people. But to judge someone ONLY based on how they treat you is naive at best, and short-sight sighted at worst.

If that's how you choose to judge TFD, then you're not really risking anything since TFD has an honourable past where they treat allies, friends, neutrals, and enemies with respect and integrity. If anyone wants to claim the same about TSO, I'll be here waiting for a laugh.

Not once in my line of argumentation have I mentioned listening to other people. But to judge someone ONLY based on how they treat you is naive at best, and short-sight sighted at worst.

If that's how you choose to judge TFD, then you're not really risking anything since TFD has an honourable past where they treat allies, friends, neutrals, and enemies with respect and integrity. If anyone wants to claim the same about TSO, I'll be here waiting for a laugh.

I treat everyone pretty much the way they treat me, friendship for friendship, respect for respect, disdain for disdain. Those who actually take the time to get to know me understand the truth of this. We have moved on, perhaps it's time for you to also :)

I treat everyone pretty much the way they treat me, friendship for friendship, respect for respect, disdain for disdain. Those who actually take the time to get to know me understand the truth of this. We have moved on, perhaps it's time for you to also :)

I don't believe anyone has ever had much of an issue with you Celt, I know I haven't and I doubt I will.

great PR move TFD

i know that wasn't the point of signing this treaty but you killed 2 birds with 1 stone. B)

TSO...... 1 day you will have your serving of karma.

the coalition may not be by that name but you know what they say about karma ;)

great PR move TFD

i know that wasn't the point of signing this treaty but you killed 2 birds with 1 stone. B)

TSO...... 1 day you will have your serving of karma.

the coalition may not be by that name but you know what they say about karma ;)

Somehow i doubt you'll be the one delivering that good news Logan :lol1:

I just don't think you have it in you to do anything but spout rhetoric from the bandwagon, I am sorry your experience at MCXA wasn't the best but you really need to look at your own actions there and not blame it all on us. cheers.