A Notice from the Red Cross

Nice job of selective quoting.

I believe the quote here and the truth contained therein sufficiently debunks your claim that:

I wish you luck with your alliance, but you're really going to need more than a handful of alliances that the majority of sanctioned alliances don't even consider actual alliances before your attempts at "liberating" the red sphere accomplish anything.

The entire OP of this thread is just an attempt to gain PR for your fledgling alliance, which while commendable, should be done with factual evidence rather than blurring the actual truths, as Vladimir pointed out.

I'll have my e-lawyers contact yourself and Vlad's e-lawyers and then eagerly sit by my post office box awaiting a reply, seriously. ^_^

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have my e-lawyers contact yourself and Vlad's e-lawyers and then eagerly sit by my post office box awaiting a reply, seriously. ^_^

Cutesy responses don't really change the fact that you purposely blurred the truth in an attempt to gain PR for your PR stunt of an alliance.

Cutesy responses don't really change the fact that you purposely blurred the truth in an attempt to gain PR for your PR stunt of an alliance.

If you have nothing conducive or constructive to add to this discussion, please refrain from trollish behavior. If you feel the need to strut your bravado any further, stop by RedX on IRC (Coldfront) and we can continue. Until then, I consider our current parlay null.

If you have nothing conducive or constructive to add to this discussion, please refrain from trollish behavior. If you feel the need to strut your bravado any further, stop by RedX on IRC (Coldfront) and we can continue. Until then, I consider our current parlay null.

What? The OP of this thread is nothing but a troll. It's full of lies and half-truths about the red sphere.

lol

What? The OP of this thread is nothing but a troll. It's full of lies and half-truths about the red sphere.

lol

Didn't you also follow this guy around in his DoE as well?

Have you taken up the post of protector of the red sphere and the NPO, I mean to be fair they need all the help they can get/

Didn't you also follow this guy around in his DoE as well?

Have you taken up the post of protector of the red sphere and the NPO, I mean to be fair they need all the help they can get/

I've taken up the post of calling out people pulling a PR stunt with the use of lies and badly organized propaganda.

I don't give a $%&@ who joins the red sphere or creates an alliance there. Just don't try to claim that the OP of this thread isn't full of lies in an attempt to garner support for his fledgling alliance, because that's exactly what's going on here. I'm sorry if you think I should just mindlessly hail this guy.

I've taken up the post of calling out people pulling a PR stunt with the use of lies and badly organized propaganda.

I don't give a $%&@ who joins the red sphere or creates an alliance there. Just don't try to claim that the OP of this thread isn't full of lies in an attempt to garner support for his fledgling alliance, because that's exactly what's going on here. I'm sorry if you think I should just mindlessly hail this guy.

How dare he show his alliance in public. I'm with you here. I've heard rumors he's even recruiting members to his 'fledgling alliance'. Clearly he must be stopped.

To be serious for a moment. Exactly what in the OP is lies or propaganda? He's somehow not allowed to make alliance anouncements because he's on the red sphere?

Your claim in his DoE thread that people making red alliances are no better than bandwagoners would speak against your claim here that you don't care who makes an alliance on the red sphere.

For the OP. Good luck with your alliance. Hope you manage to grow in the red sphere. I got a feeling that vox is going to get alot of the red sphere members though.

To be serious for a moment. Exactly what in the OP is lies or propaganda? He's somehow not allowed to make alliance anouncements because he's on the red sphere?

The entirety of the OP was aiming to suggest these alliances were now prospering because the NPO couldn't enforce the Moldavi Doctrine. Which is clearly false as every single one listed either existed prior to the latest war or would have been allowed to exist prior to it anyway.

It's mostly complete nonsense and it's surprising people can't see it as that. I'm not denying his rights to post or anything like that, just a healthy dose of facts makes this thread pretty much worthless and to be lambasted and accused of trying to prevent his freedom just because you have the sense to see that and decide to point it out is pretty poor.

The entirety of the OP was aiming to suggest these alliances were now prospering because the NPO couldn't enforce the Moldavi Doctrine. Which is clearly false as every single one listed either existed prior to the latest war or would have been allowed to exist prior to it anyway.

It's mostly complete nonsense and it's surprising people can't see it as that. I'm not denying his rights to post or anything like that, just a healthy dose of facts makes this thread pretty much worthless and to be lambasted and accused of trying to prevent his freedom just because you have the sense to see that and decide to point it out is pretty poor.

Rather than make gross assumptions, I would rather have folks simply ask what the intentions of this announcement were.

Suffice to say, public relations are synonymous with the Alliance Announcements forum; I see no need to argue you that with the exception of arguing for the sake of arguing.

Secondly, the entirety of the OP was intended to suggest that we, as Red Nations, have a lot of work to do but are starting to do it; in three months time, perhaps some of those alliances will have doubled substantially.

Thanks.

Secondly, the entirety of the OP was intended to suggest that we, as Red Nations, have a lot of work to do but are starting to do it; in three months time, perhaps some of those alliances will have doubled substantially.

Thanks.

Then perhaps you should have used examples of alliances that had 'started' to do the work instead of over 12 that were already in existence before the start of the war.

I'll admit I'm intrigued about what will happen when the first serious alliance makes a go at living on the red team rather than a 1 man band that could stay there even under the existence of the Moldavi Doctrine though, hopefully it won't be a long wait.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

You can't see the inability to gain over 50 members or the inability to run for senate as restricting to an alliance in any way?

You can't see the inability to gain over 50 members or the inability to run for senate as restricting to an alliance in any way?

And when an alliance comes remotely close to that I guess a thread lauding the new found prosperity on the red team would be in order.

Nice job of selective quoting.

I believe the quote here and the truth contained therein sufficiently debunks your claim that:

I wish you luck with your alliance, but you're really going to need more than a handful of alliances that the majority of sanctioned alliances don't even consider actual alliances before your attempts at "liberating" the red sphere accomplish anything.

The entire OP of this thread is just an attempt to gain PR for your fledgling alliance, which while commendable, should be done with factual evidence rather than blurring the actual truths, as Vladimir pointed out.

The same man criticising this post (vlad.) belongs to an alliance which practices what you just stated: blurring the truth and gaining PR, or political attention such as their allies, yet I never see you complaining in their threads?

Vox started off small. Gremlins started off small. TOP did as well. Many did. Small is the beginning, not the end. ;)

Red is my favorite color; were I not very happy with where I am now and had the Moldavi Doctrine not been in effect (affect?) when I first started playing I bet I would have called that sphere my home. I'm very glad to see it beginning to grow some new roots that will hopefully grow into wonderfull apple (and other red fruit) trees. ^_^

And when an alliance comes remotely close to that I guess a thread lauding the new found prosperity on the red team would be in order.

The moment it happens you can expect a personal message from me, regardless if it is spearheaded by the Red Cross or not; until that time, you can expect to still see announcements from our alliance in spite of the unpalatable taste it may leave in your mouth.

We hold ourselves to our own standards; not anybody else'.

Please elaborate.
Any Karma POW is welcome to join my awesome alliance. The only requirement for entry is that you have to use 1 slot to attack MK, 1 to attack this dude that made this thread, and the last one is a freebie, but must be used against Karma.

I eagerly await all of my new recruits!

Instigation, just as you are doing in this thread. I am sure that I could find more examples, but this is the one that prompted my comment.

The thread is interesting. However I would advise that more members can should be gained until your next announcement. Although the mood is anti-NPO, (the constant rolling over B/S CBs might have something to do with that,) you should focus more on recruitment and less on PR at the moment. When you guys combine forces and elect a senator, make another announcement. Because in all honesty, Vladimir was easily able to destroy the OP by pointing out that all of these alliances would have been allowed to exist under NPO.

I see what you are trying to do here, and I'm interested in watching how this will play out. However PR like this won't help your cause. Working to elect a senator, and Vox electing another senator, limiting NPO to only one, will help your cause, and then you should make a PR announcement about it.

Then again, I'm only going to be an audience member in this. So take my advice as you choose to.

The thread is interesting. However I would advise that more members can should be gained until your next announcement. Although the mood is anti-NPO, (the constant rolling over B/S CBs might have something to do with that,) you should focus more on recruitment and less on PR at the moment. When you guys combine forces and elect a senator, make another announcement. Because in all honesty, Vladimir was easily able to destroy the OP by pointing out that all of these alliances would have been allowed to exist under NPO.

I see what you are trying to do here, and I'm interested in watching how this will play out. However PR like this won't help your cause. Working to elect a senator, and Vox electing another senator, limiting NPO to only one, will help your cause, and then you should make a PR announcement about it.

Then again, I'm only going to be an audience member in this. So take my advice as you choose to.

Thank you for the advice Ilya; you certainly know your stuff and be rest assured that no voluntary impartment of knowledge is callously disregarded on our, nor my, part. I enjoy learning from others and that is what has kept me on Bob for such a long time. :D

For the sake of stratagem (and I'm not ashamed to mention such here since one of the goals behind this initiative is to remain completely transparent), we felt it necessary to invoke a public atmosphere that got nations accustomed to seeing alliance announcements from communities which resided on Red.

Through all of the animosity and frustrations which have been pent up on the side of the Great Liberation, we felt that the fate of Red could have been easily lost amidst the rallying call to commit war against Pacifica; which, to be clear, we have nothing specifically against with the exception of the Francograd Wall on the Red Team.

That is why we have not hesitated to announce anything here.

Whereas we have our fair share of critics for a variety reasons (chief amongst which are those who condemn us for being opportunists, etc.) we are content with the knowledge that anyone who knows us really understand what we are trying to achieve; which, to put it simply, is a different sort of alliance on the Red Team.

To that end, we aren't concerned with disproving our critics' arguments or becoming involved in discussing semantics, such broad ranging statements (such as that found in the OP) which serve to bring attention to the rising communal integrity of the Red Sphere are undoubtedly easy fodder for opponents to pick apart.

However, in the spirit of our intent behind these announcements, such nit picking from the other side is simply scenery which we inevitably pass on our journey.

From our view, if we were to gain even a minute amount of friends in our community we would be completely satisfied with our results; for this endeavor has brought much enjoyment to our declared and undeclared nations and enabled us to stay true to ourselves and the manner in which we choose to conduct ourselves on Bob. :)