Re: Valhalla

No madder than it was at the end of GWI when NPO were asked to apologise for what, in essence, you did, and were not required to pay reps nor anything else. The Orders of the time that you were a member of bragged the entire time and later even spun that it never happened.

You are agreeing or disagreeing with me here? Are you telling me that because of the light terms NPO got, they then bragged they won and used it to come back and take down those that tried to take them down in GWI. If you are, that is agreeing with my sentiments and I thank you for the support. If not, then I have no idea what your point is. :P

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but obviously PC's allies have a lower view of them than I do. I at least think they can read.

When I say "faces" I mean in a more personal context, like your private IRC or forums. It is entirely possible that neither of them saw nor will see that little gem. If you think so little of them why not join an alliance that would gladly extort tech from an alliance that entered on a defensive pact? Judging by this thread there are plenty of them still out there.

Edited by Snowbeast

Tyga, it matters not, read it as you will and take it as you will. Myself, I prefer confusion these days, especially the kind that comes from a few glasses of yuengling. :)

If it makes anyone feel better, I cried when I decommed what was left of my nukes. Like a little girl. For serious. ;)

Can we change the topic now to Free Beer or something? Everybody likes free beer.

To the people who are saying they got off scott free after the UJW, I feel the need to point out they have different leadership now. Now they have proven not to be nowedge and at least deserve a few days to change their rep.

This thread is just getting ridiculous at this point. Tyga, take a break my friend we have made our points very eloquently. Nizzle, seriously leave the thread you are making Kronos look bad. Heracles, apology accepted sorry I went off on you.

Meh. I'm not so sure about Nizzle. From here it looks like he's made Kronos look very good. I suspect one could safely presume that Kronos has solid leadership by them letting someone whom clearly is very level headed and patient to the extreme represent their position in what has become a tragic debacle of a thread.

Tyga, it matters not, read it as you will and take it as you will. Myself, I prefer confusion these days, especially the kind that comes from a few glasses of yuengling. :)

If it makes anyone feel better, I cried when I decommed what was left of my nukes. Like a little girl. For serious. ;)

Can we change the topic now to Free Beer or something? Everybody likes free beer.

Mmmm... Yuengling.

When I say "faces" I mean in a more personal context, like your private IRC or forums. It is entirely possible that neither of them saw nor will see that little gem. If you think so little of them why not join an alliance that would gladly extort tech from an alliance that entered on a defensive pact? Judging by this thread there are plenty of them still out there.

egads ... had the true nature of you and your ilk been apparent before this whole fiasco began, i would have fought against you rather than beside you. you make me sick with your lies.

"Karma , what comes around goes around."

lies ... every word of it.

10,000 tech would have done nothing to rectify Valhalla's past actions and we didn't want to take it. Umbrella took 5k tech from Polar after last summer and I didn't like it.

Send it back then. I'm sure polar can free up some slots. ;)

It's thoroughly pleasing to see that you continue to shoot off at the mouth about me. At least if you are going to call me names you could try not to distort what I've said. On the other side, if you're going to distort what I've said then don't call me names. Actually, just don't call me names. Do whatever you want with what I say, it's apparent that is one thing you are guaranteed to do.

I look forward to the future painting of the line, marked with a sign that says "Going past this point makes you as bad". "Hey, I just asked for 16,000 tech...that's not as bad as Hegemony." There is a point to what we did, for the thousandth time, and it certainly isn't anyone's fault that you refuse to realize the slippery slope of your argument in favor of slapping people with reps because you don't like them.

So, please Tygaland, let's cut the personal attacks and continue with the bashing due to leniency.

You forget. You accused my alliance of something and are yet to provide the proof. The onus is on you to provide that proof. Please provide it now or apologise for your lies.

Edited by Tygaland

You forget. You accused my alliance of something and are yet to provide the prrof. The onus is on you to provide that proof. Please provide it now or apologise for your lies.

That certainly equates into the ever fashionable personal attack.

The "response" is in the thread created for this topic, you know, so as not to take this off topic.

Meh. I'm not so sure about Nizzle. From here it looks like he's made Kronos look very good. I suspect one could safely presume that Kronos has solid leadership by them letting someone whom clearly is very level headed and patient to the extreme represent their position in what has become a tragic debacle of a thread.

Someone who's posts almost consist entirely of strawman spamming is level-headed?

Good lord, no wonder I havn't been banned yet.

These terms are weak, hope Valhalla earns them later, but it's not what they deserve right now.

The protectorate thing is overkill, even if you think reps are "wrong", throwing them to the wolves seems like a fair compromise.

egads ... had the true nature of you and your ilk been apparent before this whole fiasco began, i would have fought against you rather than beside you. you make me sick with your lies.

"Karma , what comes around goes around."

lies ... every word of it.

I am not now, nor have I ever been a champion of "Karma." If what goes around comes around, it will come around again you know. As for fighting me and my "Ilk" it's never too late. Rest assured you would get fair surrender terms should you decide to do so.

Someone who's posts almost consist entirely of strawman spamming is level-headed?

These terms are weak, hope Valhalla earns them later, but it's not what they deserve right now.

The protectorate thing is overkill, even if you think reps are "wrong", throwing them to the wolves seems like a fair compromise.

I'm not surprised that you didn't detect his sarcasm.

Well, we ARENT in that position.

we lost.

SO to answer some hypothetical question that cannot be ever answered is foolishness.

In FACT the ONLY answer you would believe is if I said we would have butt$%&@ed them, anything else would be just blown off thru more of the same posts as fills this whole thread.

sorry if I am not going to jump on that one.

/me shrugs

Let me put this simpler...

Do you feel there are any terms that Valhalla deserves? Or do you feel you are completely innocent, and that the light terms you've received are completely proportional?

Sure the terms are weak. That doesn't make his defense of them spam.

Previous hegemony actions has made for some vengeful alliances. Trying to avoid creating more vengeful alliances hardly seems all that bad to me. The intentions seem good to me and we'll have to wait and see whether or not they are naive. Which they could turn out to be, but nobody can say that for sure yet.

Edited by Roadie

That certainly equates into the ever fashionable personal attack.

The "response" is in the thread created for this topic, you know, so as not to take this off topic.

You provided no evidence there either. I'll go take another look now and take this topic up there. Calling you out on lies is not a personal attack no matter how you try to spin it, however.

Do you feel there are any terms that Valhalla deserves? Or do you feel you are completely innocent, and that the light terms you've received are completely proportional?

I think that its up to the alliances fighting to decide what we deserved, which they did, and we have acknowledged our our loss, surrendered and trying to honor those whom we fought in this thread.

Also Joe said he wasn't going to answer that here. He might in pm, you never know.

Care for a yuengling? Its really, really tasty :)

OOC: Yuengling are union busters, so I won't drink their stuff

IC: Anyone wishing to celebrate this peace is welcome to do so in my bar. Whatever the merits or otherwise of the settlement, this probably merits a good old-fashioned piss-up.

I have never said Valhalla was 'innocent', we arent. No one is.

As for terms Valhalla deserves? Your asking me to set them on my own alliance? Well then my answer would be none, though im biased.

Are these proportional? To some they are, to some they arent.

The alliances whom fought us thought so, the members whom voted to accept them thought so and that brings us to here.

Edit- *OOC* Also if ya want to really have a chat about this hit me up in PM or on IRC. This thread is allready FUBAR'd

Edited by chefjoe

Sure the terms are weak. That doesn't make his defense of them spam.

Previous hegemony actions has made for some vengeful alliances. Trying to avoid creating more vengeful alliances hardly seems all that bad to me. The intentions seem good to me and we'll have to wait and see whether or not they are naive. Which they could turn out to be, but nobody can say that for sure yet.

His strawmans regarding those who disagree with the terms is spam.

And frankly arrogant as hell.

"OMG, we do anything more than a slap on the wrist and its the slippery moral slope for us!!!"

Frankly, if you don't trust yourselves to have any self-control, then you have no position playing up the moral high ground to begin with. If dislike "extortion", then really give Valhalla a proper term of the ceasefire, and don't even make them a protectorate.

Honestly. You're protecting these guys while they rebuild just so they can strut around again afterwards? That's insulting. Your terms amount to a White peace by the general consensus of anyone who has ever bothered looking in the OWF for the past 3 years.

And you use strawmans and logical fallacies to defend and tar those who would call you out for it.

Egos in this game sure are something...

I am so disappointed in Valhalla. You should send all your tech out to buy silence. You obviously haven't paid for your past transgressions and must please every single member of all the Karma alliances. Start talking to everyone and get that tech out. :lol:

Is everyone so bitter than a surrender communication becomes a humongous (and somewhat-rancourous) debate? Of course, I'm probably not the best one to point this out given I helped push the SSSW18 surrender to over 20 pages.

His strawmans regarding those who disagree with the terms is spam.

And frankly arrogant as hell.

"OMG, we do anything more than a slap on the wrist and its the slippery moral slope for us!!!"

Frankly, if you don't trust yourselves to have any self-control, then you have no position playing up the moral high ground to begin with. If dislike "extortion", then really give Valhalla a proper term of the ceasefire, and don't even make them a protectorate.

Honestly. You're protecting these guys while they rebuild just so they can strut around again afterwards? That's insulting. Your terms amount to a White peace by the general consensus of anyone who has ever bothered looking in the OWF for the past 3 years.

And you use strawmans and logical fallacies to defend and tar those who would call you out for it.

Egos in this game sure are something...

It's wisdom that makes one distrust their ability to not go down the slope and arrogance that makes one confident they can avoid the slide.