Re: Valhalla

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proto youll never be our fan and I for one will never be yours that aside what your govt did may very well pay big dividends in the future. Let me quote ES on this I Remember.

And you know this HOW?

Know what? And I know "what" how?

That they should all resign? because these people are just trying to keep their invite to that private irc channel of the new world order, and they are willing to bend over for it.

Why the general membership isn't being served? See above.

Proto youll never be our fan and I for one will never be yours that aside what your govt did may very well pay big dividends in the future. Let me quote ES on this I Remember.

Just what are you implying? And your getting soft old man...where are the insults, the cheap shots! This is not the Valhalla I know!

Just what are you implying? And your getting soft old man...where are the insults, the cheap shots! This is not the Valhalla I know!

See change it can happen, It can happen to you :P

***ok ninja edit***

I have gained a huge amount of respect for your alliance and in that I will show respect to its members so sorry to disapoint. And im not getting soft take that back I didnt insult you :lol1:

Edited by Buds The Man

Are you saying that your own government should resign because they screwed you over?

I am also pushing for an Alliance name change ... from Poison Clan to Lap Dogs.

Know what? And I know "what" how?

That they should all resign? because these people are just trying to keep their invite to that private irc channel of the new world order, and they are willing to bend over for it.

Why the general membership isn't being served? See above.

We just passed the crazy threshold. This thread is going to blow.

See change it can happen, It can happen to you :P

***ok ninja edit***

I have gained a huge amount of respect for your alliance and in that I will show respect to its members so sorry to disapoint. And im not getting soft take that back I didnt insult you :lol1:

Your just a big teddy bear, :awesome:. I must fear the evil Valhalla teddy bear of doom!

M1737.jpg

I would hope that we have seen that war can be fought with fair terms concluding the incident. I will by no means say that these terms are not more than I expected. I fully expected to get hammered and I for one am gratefull we didnt. In the future should I become .gov I will not forget this day and what was shown to us. I cannot and will not state that white peace will prevail but I would like to say the kindness shown to us will not be forgotten. So yes i think these terms will be taken to heart.

As I said, these are just words. I certainly hope you are right but history suggests not.

And so Tyga my point is proven right here.

No it doesn't. Uhtred is merely stating his opinion based on historical precedent. It is up to you to prove him wrong. For you to assert that the only issues between Valhalla and the STA are Pez and Uhtred not liking you betrays your lack of knowledge of the issue or shows that you are unwilling to acknowledge the actions of your alliance that created this dislike back during the UJW. I thought you were better than that, to be honest.

Here you go Bud: my perspective on the last little bit.

I will accept that raydin and James Saama are overzealous and will leave their contributions out of this. I will start here:

In my time there I have pushed for a lot of changes, I hope this is the catalyst for all to join my push.

You only have to ask any of the purple alliances for the changes, I hope going forwards the rest of Bob might see them, but this is a long road, a very long road with Valhallan history.

excuse me while I go and get my good walking boots on.

After expressing a seemingly sincere desire for change, I offered a mild idea that I thought might help right your past. The response is evasive; it has lots of bright words and no substance. To be fair to The Pansy, as he asserts that he is not government I can't exactly fault him for it, and I will not cast aspersions on his character by suggesting that this post was not honest.

To follow it comes a similar point;

For those wondering if we truly have changed, you're just going to have to wait to see. It's actions not words and there's little we can do at this point to convince you :)

All pretty words and no substance, in spite of there being things you can do towards setting things right. If you want to convince me that you're different, make a concrete outline of what you're going to do differently. Still a reach? Absolutely. They weren't the posts I wanted to see, but they weren't bad posts. It sort of builds though. When it culminates in an absolute refusal to disavow BS terms it's especially ominous.

Well, we ARENT in that position.

we lost.

SO to answer some hypothetical question that cannot be ever answered is foolishness.

This post was what really made me change my mind:

Valhalla has no beef with the alliances we fought in this war. We honestly have garnered respect for them. There will be no revenge as their truthfully are no ill feelings. We are pleased with how they handled themselves, how they treated us in the heat of battle and how they gave us a chance to show them how respectful we could be. Umbrella, Kronos, PC, AO, RIA, FARK.. Thank you for being mature and handling yourselves as such. Valhalla will rise again, but we will not be exacting any sort of revenge on these fine folks.

The implied threat of coupling promises of your return to vengeance with a careful and brief list of those who will be spared reads to me as every indication of a return to the petty vindictiveness that Valhalla has savored in the past. It could be that it was just a really badly written post, but it certainly is enough to make me wary, and it's not until here that the tenor of my own posts changed accordingly (I have not been mindlessly bashing you for the whole thread, as you have accused me of).

Following that the leader of your alliance trots in with posts like this:

The same thought process that has generated almost 50 pages....
bitterness, anger, revenge, grudges and hate.

Humanities finest emotions.....

Also before you try, no im not saying I am not prey to all of the above too.

To be frank, after reading this thread I find it hard to think anyone is more prone then anyone else to those emotions.
Have you read this thread yet?

Or are you trying to really say its full of rainbows and puppydogs with no call for harsh terms? *notice I say 'harsh' becuase I believe these terms to not be that and be reflective of the pricepals of the alliances that were at war with us. For which they have earned my respect for (not for given 'easy' or 'light' terms) but by standing by their ideals even thru the mud being slung at them by their 'friends and allies'.*

Now, I'm no english major, and I have a sneaking suspicion that ChefJoe isn't either, so forgive me if I have misinterpreted something here. These posts read to me as an assertion that what you have done in the past is what anybody would have done in the same situation, or what my own alliance is calling for. That's not true, and if it's really your mindset it doesn't bode well for the future.

Allow me to reiterate my position: I don't care if you guys pay a dime here if you've really turned your alliance around. I'm happy to see light terms. Some of your members' posts are nice to see, including your own, but I don't see a drop of remorse or of intent to change from your highest government here. If people have screwed this surrender up, and you guys return to where you were without learning your lesson, then this is sentencing another alliance guilty only of honoring its treaties to things like being crushed without opportunity to surrender, having their government ejected for ZI, and being yoked with 5-month surrender terms that include crippling reparations and wonder decoms.

I want to see real signs of change, not a handful of non-government members making vague but flowery posts. I eagerly and honestly look forward to you demonstrating that the naysayers here are misguided and cynical.

The meat is that every member of government that signed this (cept for valhala of course, kudos to them) ought to resign for screwing over the people who elected them, or placed enough trust in them to allow them to lead.

Whose interests are being served here? certainly not the general membership ...

I trust that you said this to CTB and Twisted's faces also?

To the people who are saying they got off scott free after the UJW, I feel the need to point out they have different leadership now. Now they have proven not to be nowedge and at least deserve a few days to change their rep.

This thread is just getting ridiculous at this point. Tyga, take a break my friend we have made our points very eloquently. Nizzle, seriously leave the thread you are making Kronos look bad. Heracles, apology accepted sorry I went off on you.

I brought this over from your other threads Tyga, just thought I would add it to help you out and save you a post.

Thanks Tyga! You are fair and just and have always stood by your "white peace for treaty followers" sermon.

Had you not been in the Continuum and planned this war, you'd have a point. You are part of the cause of this war and unfortunately some people still believe you were the poor innocent followers of treaties. How many aggressive curbstomps were you reluctantly dragged into as a treaty partner aver the past 18 months yet you still kept those treaties. Please.

I trust that you said this to CTB and Twisted's faces also?

No, but obviously PC's allies have a lower view of them than I do. I at least think they can read.

To the people who are saying they got off scott free after the UJW, I feel the need to point out they have different leadership now. Now they have proven not to be nowedge and at least deserve a few days to change their rep.

This thread is just getting ridiculous at this point. Tyga, take a break my friend we have made our points very eloquently. Nizzle, seriously leave the thread you are making Kronos look bad. Heracles, apology accepted sorry I went off on you.

This is truly an epic post, in an epic thread, by an epic poster.

Fantastic.

I mean it... :blush:

Edited by Nizzle