revenge doctrine

maradik

You were the one who disputed my claim to begin with. And I never said "sole ownership" I said that it occurred only after GOLD was relegated to the sidelines politically, and was thus incapable of doing anything more than support it. Why they signed on was irrelevant, ultimately.

The Y#5 doctrine was a claim of ownership of Yellow, and based on that claim, Tech Raiders had no business being there lest they incur the wrath of the controlling parties. That's what matters.

If we both agree, then what ARE we arguing about?

We're arguing over whether or not the Revenge doctrine can exist independently from the Moldavi doctrine. If you see the Y#5 declaration:

For those of you who need a bit more detail, this policy puts the Kevlar umbrella of FAN and GOLD over all yellow nations. Indies and aligned nations alike. Anyone looking for a calm place to hang out can do so in yellow without having to look over their shoulders or needing to gang up for protection. Folks looking for a place to start a new alliance can come enjoy the bright yellow sun until they get all grown up and can take care of themselves.

In here, FAN and GOLD extends their protection to both unaligned and aligned yellows, and actually encourages other alliances to come to yellow. I don't see anything about claiming ownership, and I don't see why NPO can't protect Red nations without them claiming ownership to the sphere.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, right now I believe we have another problem to solve.

Going rogue generally isn't the best way to solve a problem, aye?

Yes, I often find that attacking nations without reason is a tasteless and selfish act.

No actually.

I believe D3ath made a graphic about this.

Edited by Vilien

We're arguing over whether or not the Revenge doctrine can exist independently from the Moldavi doctrine. If you see the Y#5 declaration:

In here, FAN and GOLD extends their protection to both unaligned and aligned yellows, and actually encourages other alliances to come to yellow. I don't see anything about claiming ownership, and I don't see why NPO can't protect Red nations without them claiming ownership to the sphere.

Hmm.

Good point...I may have to rethink my position on this.

Ill pay reps for my two GA's if he pays reps to those GA's he committed against red, sounds fair no?

And who's the enforcer now? Seems you're trying enforce paying reps on a red nation, and you yourself have stated that NPO doesn't force people to pay reps, they just seek to have the wars pieced out.

And who's the enforcer now? Seems you're trying enforce paying reps on a red nation, and you yourself have stated that NPO doesn't force people to pay reps, they just seek to have the wars pieced out.

I'm pretty sure you're asking him to pay reps for something that you're refusing to pay reps for.

I think he was laying down conditions for equivalency.

Your "member" acted like a dick, and then bragged about it.

He also then dared all "hippies" as he called them, to go and stop him if they wanted to do anything about it.

The man then took him up on his challenges, which the aforementioned "member" than gleefully accepted.

Honestly now, I dont see how you can claim Merrie is "enforcing" anything when all he did was take your "member" up on an offer the "member" himself offered.

Oh and how am I rogue defending my sphere against aggression? More like your guy went rogue, what are the rules for DT's tech raiding again?

Being DT Gov, High Templar of War, I have every right to dictate and change DT's Tech Raiding Policy as I see fit. That being said, I don't feel the need to notify you personally on every raid that I approve. So no, Willrica did not go rogue.

Being DT Gov, High Templar of War, I have every right to dictate and change DT's Tech Raiding Policy as I see fit. That being said, I don't feel the need to notify you personally on every raid that I approve. So no, Willrica did not go rogue.

Then an open invite for all comers to go and stop him is also legal, and would be honored as a condition of said sanctioned action, wouldn't it?

Well, to avoid getting into discussion about repeat offenses and stuff, I'll just limit myself to to say that I think that force is the keyword here. As a gesture of remorse and decency, he really should pay those reps.

Well then, if it is peace your looking Ill be glad to peace out if he peaces those red nations.

I'm pretty sure you're asking him to pay reps for something that you're refusing to pay reps for.

Where have I refused but at the same time I haven't agreed either because I'm not going to agree to Porky Pig. Attacks have been taken by Porky Pig against our member and she will pay for those. Any thing outside of that will between DT and that nation.

Edited by Myworld

rofl at all the hippy naysayers. Put up or shutup, ill be more then happy to accept any casulties you provide me. Otherwise gtfo. And yes the dark templar has never had any problems raiding red, the only difference is now we dont have to put up with some $@y NPO clown yelling at us to peace the war asap. Raiding makes this game more fun, period. If you seek to protect the unaligned, then go ahead and try. More conflict = more fun.
ill try not to hold my breath waiting for your declaration lol.
No I don't support them acting like an idiot, but to declare on our members is not a way to solve the problem at hand.
Right now the problem is that Merrie decided to attack one of our members.

Unless she is willing to pay reps, the problem will be solved with her being attacked.

I'm pretty sure he volunteered/offered to be attacked (see the top two quotes). I don't know how you guys run things, and I'm not going to run around and sort through documents to look it up, but I'd expect someone who acts like an jackass on the forums, volunteers himself for retribution, and then gets attacked (mind you, by someone who ISN'T at a massive NS advantage) to pretty much be on his own as far as that goes. He wanted a war, he got one, and, in his words, he should "Put up or shut up." To his credit, I don't see him whining about the attack.

Oh, and as for declaring not being a solution, it seems like nothing was done until the declaration, so it appears that it is a very effective way to solve the problem.

Edit: I'm just not going to bother. Chron's said everything I did, first. (OOC) I guess we can tell which of us is watching TV while writing their post, and which isn't.(/OOC)

Edited by Vhalen

I'm pretty sure he volunteered/offered to be attacked (see the top two quotes). I don't know how you guys run things, and I'm not going to run around and sort through documents to look it up, but I'd expect someone who acts like an jackass on the forums, volunteers himself for retribution, and then gets attacked (mind you, by someone who ISN'T at a massive NS advantage) to pretty much be on his own as far as that goes. He wanted a war, he got one, and, in his words, he should "Put up or shut up." To his credit, I don't see him whining about the attack.

Oh, and as for declaring not being a solution, it seems like nothing was done until the declaration, so it appears that it is a very effective way to solve the problem.

Edit: I'm just not going to bother. Chron's said everything I did, first. (OOC) I guess we can tell which of us is watching TV while writing their post, and which isn't.(/OOC)

LOL, well, you used actual quotes, which makes yours better.

But the point remains the same, as they ignored mine nonetheless.

Yes, it would seem like that to you. But, you also haven't been on our private channel for the past hour, eh?

Doesn't mean you were actually doing anything about it, either.

Edited by ReturnOfChron

Hmm.

Good point...I may have to rethink my position on this.

Well sir, it was fun debating with you. No matter what your position becomes, I'm glad my point got through. I think we both had to think hard about our stand tonight. ;)

Where have I refused but at the same time I haven't agreed either because I'm not going to agree to Porky Pig. Attacks have been taken by Porky Pig against our member and she will pay for those. Any thing outside of that will between DT and that nation.

I am a he, and your boy invited me to attack and then sent me a PM thanking me for attacking. Sounds a little off for you to be up in arms for something he wanted, don't ya think?

On another note Myworld, remember when you were giving FPI the business for techraiding, why don't you re-digest those thoughts, look around your own back yard and tell me how they taste now.

Yes, it would seem like that to you. But, you also haven't been on our private channel for the past hour, eh?

Well, I can hardly be blamed for that. I never got an invite. :P

LOL, well, you used actual quotes, which makes yours better.

But the point remains the same, as they ignored mine nonetheless.

Heh. Well, we'll just call it a wash.