The Will Of The Norns

You're right, we really should do our best to make sure the inhabitants of planet bob have a way to see first hand what the past really looked like.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...=75948&st=0

Here's the NoV declaration of war on the ICP's reformation.

I'd highly encourage anybody who wasn't around back then, or even those who simply don't remember what happened, to read through that thread and then come back and decide if my sour words are justified or not.

You do have every right to be angry with that, it has been a long time since I read that post to be sure and I can say that I am not proud of my involvement in it as I stand here now. I am not ashamed to say that part of the reason was because I was on the receiving end of the same treatment via TPF. You were putting your alliance back together with some of your closest brothers, something you could all enjoy together, and you did everything right. You tried to mend bridges with us and we slapped you in the face to the silly battle cry of "LOL commies"... and it was BS.

I was, at the time of the aforementioned thread, a ranking member of the NoV military command (under a different nation and ruler name), and had assisted in the planning and the destruction of your friends along with the morale boosting and propaganda that goes right along with this sort of operation.

Now that I look back with the eyes I have now I agree with you because I share the same anger as you do. I’ll never forget what happened to me and my friends and I would not suspect those who I wronged will do the same.

I stole some tech from you with my old nation, but it was still me that did the thieving. If you PM me in game, I will repay it (I can't find your nation "Polandpolandpoland")I know it does not change what I did… I know your not part of any alliance… but you are owed a tithe from me, I and will repay it.

JB

*edited for clarity*

Edited by Jim Bowie

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who were in power back then have changed over the years. I have seen them change. Most them were teenagers 3 years ago. Today, they are young adults.

edit: Now I'm feeling really old.

Mikhail is still a teenager. :D

You do have every right to be angry with that, it has been a long time since I read that post to be sure and I can say that I am not proud of my involvement in it as I stand here now. I am not ashamed to say that part of the reason was because I was on the receiving end of the same treatment via TPF. You were putting your alliance back together with some of your closest brothers, something you could all enjoy together, and you did everything right. You tried to mend bridges with us and we slapped you in the face to the silly battle cry of "LOL commies"... and it was BS.

I was, at the time of the aforementioned thread, a ranking member of the NoV military command (under a different nation and ruler name), and had assisted in the planning and the destruction of your friends along with the morale boosting and propaganda that goes right along with this sort of operation.

Now that I look back with the eyes I have now I agree with you because I share the same anger as you do. I’ll never forget what happened to me and my friends and I would not suspect those who I wronged will do the same.

I stole some tech from you with my old nation, but it was still me that did the thieving. If you PM me in game, I will repay it (I can't find your nation "Polandpolandpoland")I know it does not change what I did… I know your not part of any alliance… but you are owed a tithe from me, I and will repay it.

JB

I really appreciate this. You know you're the first and only person to ever really sincerely apologise to me for it. I don't know what to say other than thank you. I don't want reps. Keep the tech. Also I can't find my nation right now either... :o brb going to ask mods for halp.

On the otherhand, I know I myself was guilty of some less than great behavior, when I destroyed Nerull's first nation under the orders of Einswald after the maroon war. To him I offer my apologies.

whats wrong with using Wehrmacht images? they were just soldiers. Id say if your going to have a rule it should be no SS imagery etc.. or no ww2 images at all. If that was the case I think its only fair not to have any Soviet ww2 imagery in any alliances too.

Don't you know, it's totally acceptable to post images that are affiliated with the regime that between 1917 and 1987 killed more than 50,000,000 people :rolleyes:

Double-standards: They're everywhere

I really appreciate this. You know you're the first and only person to ever really sincerely apologise to me for it. I don't know what to say other than thank you. I don't want reps. Keep the tech. Also I can't find my nation right now either... :o brb going to ask mods for halp.

On the otherhand, I know I myself was guilty of some less than great behavior, when I destroyed Nerull's first nation under the orders of Einswald after the maroon war. To him I offer my apologies.

Well man, at the time I thought it was funny, but I had a hefty dose of my own medicine. What I did was wrong it is as simple as that. I still do owe you, you can pick the time.

JB

Verbal banter between us and commies. God, It's great. :D

Well hopefully this banter bears fruit and we can put this crap behind us. What we did to ICP, was the same thing that I feel happend to NoV/SoM... and I know it is hypocritical to an extent... but I learned my lesson.

JB

I would like to point out that Martens (and essentially NoV/NoR, because he was Kaiser at the time) have already apologized for the unjustified ICP 2.0 war. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...ic=8269&hl= It was an unfortunate mistake and should never have happened. And I also concur with Nemhauser.

Edited by Oberherr Xenu

I would like to point out that Martens (and essentially NoV/NoR, because he was Kaiser at the time) have already apologized for the unjustified ICP 2.0 war. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...ic=8269&hl=

Yes Martens did apologies, my government apologized, but I feel that I never apologized for my own smug part in it. And for what I was involved with it is an apology that I will from this day forth always offer in a humble manner.

It is one thing for the leadership to to put things behind them, but we warriors need closure too.

JB

Edited by Jim Bowie

I don't enjoy getting involved in forum squabbles, however I would like to point out that Martens (and essentially NoV/NoR, because he was Kaiser at the time) have already apologized for the unjustified ICP 2.0 war. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...ic=8269&hl=

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciated that post. But the scars didn't magically vanish... (LSF was still getting the FAN treatment, etc...)

I'm trying to be empathetic like JB was, and see if I can explain it in a way that you could relate.

It would be like, what if slayer one day said "Hey NoV, sorry about blowing you guys up"

I'm sure you'd appreciate it and feel somewhat vindicated by the acknowledgement, but I doubt you guys would feel like everything was perfectly fine and peachy with TPF and Slayer.

Got bored with Gaylava? So did I and I am ecstatic to see this. Welcome back NoR; you were unjustly removed from the game and I hope your return is a long and awesome one. I never politically agreed with you (ooc: cuz of my status of being a smug middleclass liberal), but I always felt a sense of solidarity with you because I always thought we shared common ground in the fact that you always made a good symbol of rebellion against tyranny and anti-lulz. If you get attacked I will dedicate the pixels I have left to defending you against those who will try to destroy you again after I'm done killing these Pacifican snakes.

o/ NoR

Edited by Captain Fatbeard

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciated that post. But the scars didn't magically vanish... (LSF was still getting the FAN treatment, etc...)

I'm trying to be empathetic like JB was, and see if I can explain it in a way that you could relate.

It would be like, what if slayer one day said "Hey NoV, sorry about blowing you guys up"

I'm sure you'd appreciate it and feel somewhat vindicated by the acknowledgement, but I doubt you guys would feel like everything was perfectly fine and peachy with TPF and Slayer.

THIS^

This is the exact way I see it as well. Also, did you find your nation?

JB

Don't you know, it's totally acceptable to post images that are affiliated with the regime that between 1917 and 1987 killed more than 50,000,000 people :rolleyes:

Double-standards: They're everywhere

interesting sum, did u also include those that died naturally within those 70 years?

OOC: Please, for everyone's sanity, Make a strict rule to NOT use any WW2 German imagery.

I agree with this, and after some thought, I'm not going to say I dislike this, but I'm hoping you've learned from the mistakes of the past and do it right this time, good luck.