Molon Labe Acknowledgment of War

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah no kidding, less talking more killing please, we've got a lot of people like mhawk to run out of the game or keep at eternal ZI!! Oh wait, that's what they did. Oh well, quit crying and fight is right. Odds are they'll get great terms, better than anything you newly converted masters of fair play in Continuum would ever give.

Are you sure TPF will be there? You never know, one of those Karma folks might come along and pull a double-secret hegemony scissor kick on TPF and disband the whole thing in a blast of hypocrisy, deceit and something that smells oddly like bacon grease.

Sponge, you're a piece of work. Find one example in my 2 years as an alliance leader where I've done anything like you claim. You toss out redherrings all over the place, can't think of a reason why I would abandon my friends and former home... well just toss out more garbage about how oppressive the "hegemony" is and horrible I've been. In case you have not caught on, we are not run by karma and no force ever assembled against us could force such an outcome.

Bayonets > Elawyer moral crusaders

Let them rationalize their actions how they want.

That's funny. You calling the others elawyers. NpO said from the very start of this war that they will stand besides STA and when they do exactly that you start to whine about technicalities in their treaties. NpO made their stance in this conflict clear on day 1. I guess you had one good point though Bayonets > Elawyer. Hope to see you on the field.

Sponge, you're a piece of work. Find one example in my 2 years as an alliance leader where I've done anything like you claim. You toss out redherrings all over the place, can't think of a reason why I would abandon my friends and former home... well just toss out more garbage about how oppressive the "hegemony" is and horrible I've been. In case you have not caught on, we are not run by karma and no force ever assembled against us could force such an outcome.

Another way to look at this would be, your actions as a single nation ruler are not in question, rather the "entire" history of the alliance you lead whether you were the leader at a certain point or not.

Yeah, we've heard this story before. Everyone was innocent and they were just following orders, etc.

I don't buy it for a minute. You lot were up to your eyeballs in the oppression, tyranny, eternal wars, harassment, stalking, and character assassinations that quite a few of us have had to endure for the past year and a half. I am glad it's over and with everyone reading this as my witness I'm going to make damned sure that the whole group of you never get that power back again.

What's worse than being the one who gives the orders to do these sorts of things? People like you who happily follow them.

Yeah, we've heard this story before. Everyone was innocent and they were just following orders, etc.

I don't buy it for a minute. You lot were up to your eyeballs in the oppression, tyranny, eternal wars, harassment, stalking, and character assassinations that quite a few of us have had to endure for the past year and a half. I am glad it's over and with everyone reading this as my witness I'm going to make damned sure that the whole group of you never get that power back again.

What's worse than being the one who gives the orders to do these sorts of things? People like you who happily follow them.

Once again I've only been a member of TPF since Sept. Name a horrendous order between sept and october when I took command? Can't do it? How about after October? That is what I thought.

Yeah because TPF started when you got there.

You can't really be this dense.

I'm replying to what you said, which was that as a member I'm just as guilty or worse for following orders of the leadership. Following the orders of leadership is an act of approval of such actions. However I was asking you to actually provide any facts to your non sense about how horrible a person I am for following orders of my alliance. Perhaps produce one of those horrible "orders" for when I was actually a member.

I'm replying to what you said, which was that as a member I'm just as guilty or worse for following orders of the leadership. Following the orders of leadership is an act of approval of such actions. However I was asking you to actually provide any facts to your non sense about how horrible a person I am for following orders of my alliance. Perhaps produce one of those horrible "orders" for when I was actually a member.

Okay so the TPF you joined, were a member of and a leader of was not a member of the Continuum? It didn't support eternal wars against numerous alliances? It didn't support the banishment and eternal ZI of certain inconvenient players? You see where I'm going with this mhawk? You and your people have been party to some of the more heinous events in our history here. It doesn't matter whether you yourself gave the order.

Okay so the TPF you joined, were a member of and a leader of was not a member of the Continuum? It didn't support eternal wars against numerous alliances? It didn't support the banishment and eternal ZI of certain inconvenient players? You see where I'm going with this mhawk? You and your people have been party to some of the more heinous events in our history here. It doesn't matter whether you yourself gave the order.

I do see where you are going, and you are grossly misinformed of our efforts.

1) Any player that has attempted to achieve peace, TPF has always granted. When our allies did hold them on lists we did all we could to get them off. Note kingsrqt, steoddon, youmaka, ect ect.

2) TPF has no perma zi/ezi list and I've issued statements we do not practice that.

3) We've even granted your own spies peace after we catch them and give them a slap on the wrist. In fact I'm working on a solution to tom mattox's case right now.

4) Once again with Continuum, what has Q done since I've been a member of a Q alliance / leader? Anytime someone wants peace we work hard as allies to make it happen.

The truth is you have nothing. Your only power left is by using wide brushes of angry hateful rhetoric to enrage the masses. If a member were to join Polaris today and by some magical way become emperor in a week or so, is he guilty of your past crimes years ago? How is the concept of banning PZI/ezi different than analyzing individual actions and differing regimes by the merit of their own crimes/accomplishments? In both cases you must look at actions and consequences, however by your broad generalization of everything that ever occurred on an AA is attributable toward any member past, present, or future, there is little philosophical difference between that logic train and the arguments for pro ezi.

Edited by mhawk

DOOM declared on NSO, thus STA was attacked in the same way you are trying to paint this as an attack by Polar upon you. Polaris very clearly stated that any attack on STA would not be tolerated. You chose not to keep your protectorate from making the mistake of declaring on STA via their MDP with NSO.

As ML's protectors, they should have cautioned DOOM from getting involved in this war. They should have also not only warned DOOM of the risks of their actions, but realized it themselves. Polaris was pretty clear that an attack upon STA would not be tolerated, and any attacks upon NSO are equivalent to attacks on STA.

How long has NSO been under the protection of the STA?

Temporary 2 week protection

Protection extended

This temporary agreement will expire on 31st March 2009 and any extensions or revisions will be announced should they occur.

Protectorate was replaced:

MDoAP

If defense is self sustaining, allied party should let it be known that help is available if needed and will be received upon a request for it

I am thankful to DOOM members for hitting NSO hard enough that NpO felt they had to intervene.

o/ DOOM

Edited by JohnGaltOU812

And so the Emperor returns to find us at war.

1. ML, I don't have an agenda against you, do not make one. If you want to attack us that is fine, I completely understand your options and obligations. Just ensure you allow us to exit this war as quickly as we entered.

2. DOOM, you can not dodge and weave who returns fire by e-lawyering what we can and can not do.

3. KARMA, I still do not support your side in any way shape or form.

4. Proko declared war in my absence, based on what he believed were good and valid orders. We are therefore at war, whether I would have done so had I been present or not.

5. Be clear, I have no interest in doing anything other than assisting STA and NSO at this stage and if our job is done after one round of wars, expect us to quietly leave the said conflict. If you continue with the "bandwagonner excuse to get into the war'' line, I will not be impressed. I have a number of points of entry into this war, if I want to be a part of it, and to date I do not want to do so. Both sides are doing just fine on their own.

6. If you want to e-lawyer stuff, don't bother with me in your calculations. I don't care what you think about our reasons, we have a debt to pay to our friends and so we shall, very symbolically, do so. Forget all the arguments over what treaty chains with which and all that crap, your obsession with purpose and justification befuddles me. The NSO/STA front got a new player in DOOM, Proko thought that we needed to assist to show we cared and so we declared on them. We have shown we care, so we can leave whenever you wish. Your surrender to their generous terms will be sufficient reason for us to end the war right now.

7. To my friends and comrades on both sides of this shooting match, my position has not changed and it is unlikely to do so. I made our position clear from the outset and I am offended that people are now issuing threats to our alliance based on what I clearly stated would be our direction. Don't push me into a corner that I have no desire being in or fighting from. Further inquiries via private means thanks, no one else needs to know or care about the facts or what we are even discussing. I would contact you more directly, but I have no idea who you even are ;).

I will continue to be unavailable at traditional times due to commitments (OOC: RL beckons at this time) I will therefore take all correspondence at this time via my usual private channels. If things are urgent, Arctic Penguin is apprised of my wishes and desires in these matters or will defer to my upon return.

o/ Polaris.

I hit the mental wall about the 4th page with the "who did this or that" treaty wise. Really people, let it go already.

This man is wise......

STA and NSO, by attacking Molon Labe, an ally of DOOM, brought it upon themselves. And Molon Labe brought it upon itself byattacking MK; who was at fault for attacking TPF, who was at fault for attacking whomever, who was at fault for attacking someone else, and etc. That's how world wars start and grow. The blame game that is going on in this thread is just sad and useless.

And a salute to WC for reiterating it. Classy as ever, WC.

To Molon Labe, I love you guys. Gawd, I just rolled when I saw that Go Time image! That really made my day! :lol:

To those that wonder if ML didn't protect us I can assure you they gave me the grave warnings if we entered the fray. I'm no clueless spring chicken in CN either. No ignorant Charge of the Light Brigade on my part here. We entered to relieve pressure on ML nations, which we have already. We entered because our lineup isn't the easiest to deal with either. It took 3 alliances to finally come up with a good mix of fighters on us. Sure, you didn't need all 3 alliances to ultimately prevail, but that's what was needed to make it reasonably painless. Otherwise we were going to apply some hurt. Yeah, trust me, we'll still send some pain out anyway.

If you think those declarations on DOOM were merely excuses to enter the war or you strongly deny it then I ask you to consider this point. Perhaps there is a method to our madness as well. ML and DOOM combined with under 100 fighters have managed to commit MK, NSO, STA, and Polaris to the fight!

Think about it and get back to me. ;)