Molon Labe Acknowledgment of War

While I respect your commitment to your protectorate, I fail to see what "opportunity" the New Polar Order grasped by attacking DOOM. I for one would have much preferred if they had kept their hands off our STA and their partner in war NSO. What must be done must be done, please grow up a little bit and realize that instead of throwing around insults.

You have the freedom to label it the way you'd LIKE it to look.

We are free to call it what it actually looks like.

*shrug*

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DOOM did not attack the STA.

As I stated in my post (please read it), they attacked their partners in war, NSO. An attack on the NSO with whom STA has a coordinated front is an attack on the STA in our eyes. You can not avoid Polaris by trying to side-step around our obligations to our friends. As I requested in my post, please explain how our attacks are opportunistic. Do you really think we wanted to fight in this war?

They have their own sovereignty. Who are we to take it from them? They knew what they were getting into. Had the NpO not jumped in, then they would be fighting the same people we were. Again, NpO made that decision.

By declaring upon NSO, they in effect declared upon STA. That is the basis of a Mutual Defense Pact. So in reality, the fault is with DOOM. As their "protectors", you should have cautioned them against warfare in this case.

You have the freedom to label it the way you'd LIKE it to look.

We are free to call it what it actually looks like.

*shrug*

Then at least back up your statement of how it is "opportunistic". This word implies we are somehow manipulating the situation to our advantage. What is the advantage of getting tangled up in a war we have no desire to be involved in?

Oh look, I stepped on a nail, I could have not stepped on it, how opportunistic of me?

Yes. Otherwise, the baiting for people to declare on you would not have happened.

Quite the opposite, they cautioned that any attacks on STA wouldn't be tolerated. The warning was given and ignored, an attack upon NSO is an attack upon STA. I do not see where you can be confused in that.

Yes. Otherwise, the baiting for people to declare on you would not have happened.

With the exception of Pacifica's statements of dissapointment for us not supporting them, this is the most ridiculous thing I've read all war.

I have been in government since the end of the Friends > Infra war. You have no idea how much Polaris did NOT want to get involved in this war.

By declaring upon NSO, they in effect declared upon STA. That is the basis of a Mutual Defense Pact. So in reality, the fault is with DOOM. As their "protectors", you should have cautioned them against warfare in this case.

You are quite right. However, the NpO does NOT have a MDP with NSO. The STA declared on DOOM. The STA declared on ML. NpO chose not to declare on ML. NpO then chose to declare on DOOM, which is exactly the same as declaring on ML because it says so in our protectorate treaty with them.

Don't get me wrong. We are not complaining about the wars at all; we are merely pointing out the facts.

STA and NSO, by attacking Molon Labe, an ally of DOOM, brought it upon themselves. And Molon Labe brought it upon itself byattacking MK; who was at fault for attacking TPF, who was at fault for attacking whomever, who was at fault for attacking someone else, and etc. That's how world wars start and grow. The blame game that is going on in this thread is just sad and useless.

Edited by Portugal

When DOOM declared on NSO, they declared on STA. Polar said at the beginning of the war that they would only attack if STA was attacked. DOOM did that. Polar followed up on the threat. Is anyone really surprised?

Just a correction, we did not say we would ONLY attack is STA was attacked. However you could be damn sure we would attack if we felt STA had been threatened, however small the threat.

You are quite right. However, the NpO does NOT have a MDP with NSO. The STA declared on DOOM. The STA declared on ML. NpO chose not to declare on ML. NpO then chose to declare on DOOM, which is exactly the same as declaring on ML because it says so in our protectorate treaty with them.

Don't get me wrong. We are not complaining about the wars at all; we are merely pointing out the facts.

Do you see anyone in here denying your of a valid reason to declare on NpO? I don't.

We are simply pointing out facts, you on the other hand are slinging around words like opportunistic. If that word had been missing from the OP you would have heard nothing from me other then perhaps a o/ for holding up your treaty.

We chose to declare on DOOM because they attacked the coordinated STA/NSO front. Just because they only attacked the NSO half doesn't not take away the fact that it was a direct threat (however small) to STAs ability to fight this war.

You promised to protect them, you should not have let them enter this war.

Yeah good one :rolleyes:

DOOM is a sovereign alliance, they knew fully what they were getting themselves into and chose to persue a course of honour rather than pixel whoring.

DOOM declared on NSO, thus STA was attacked in the same way you are trying to paint this as an attack by Polar upon you. Polaris very clearly stated that any attack on STA would not be tolerated. You chose not to keep your protectorate from making the mistake of declaring on STA via their MDP with NSO.

STA and NSO, by attacking Molon Labe, an ally of DOOM, brought it upon themselves. And Molon Labe brought it upon itself byattacking MK; who was at fault for attacking TPF, who was at fault for attacking whomever, who was at fault for attacking someone else, and etc. That's how world wars start and grow. The blame game that is going on in this thread is just sad and useless.

As ML's protectors, they should have cautioned DOOM from getting involved in this war. They should have also not only warned DOOM of the risks of their actions, but realized it themselves. Polaris was pretty clear that an attack upon STA would not be tolerated, and any attacks upon NSO are equivalent to attacks on STA.

To be fair all baiting I've seen have been by general membership of alliances not by anyone that are actually in a position to make any decisions and I've seen very little baiting from NpO members anyway most if it have been from other alliance members.

Now I'm sure NpO have some members that wanted go enter this war just as most alliances on both sides probably have a few members that would have prefered to be left outside the war.

If NpO say they wanted to stay out of this war I have no reason not to belive them. They have just been honoring their treaties just as you have. There's no need for any side to try to make the other look bad.

I thought NSO didnt allow cascading treatys. Or am i reading this wrong. DOOM declared on NSO not STA but since they attacked NSO they effectively attacked STA. NpO coming to the defense of STA and thus NSO would be cascading would it not?

Just looking for clarification on this whole mess.

Edited by BringMeTheHorizon