Molon Labe Acknowledgment of War

They have their own sovereignty. Who are we to take it from them? They knew what they were getting into. Had the NpO not jumped in, then they would be fighting the same people we were. Again, NpO made that decision.

Had DOOM not chosen to attack NSO/STA, you mean? Let's not forget that NpO told everyone what would happen if someone did that. DOOM brought NpO down on themselves knowing full well what it meant...if they did their homework anyway.

Anyway, good show of support for your protectorate.

BMTH: Due to treaties, NSO=STA, STA=NpO. Therefore, in an odd way NSO=NpO. So far as I've seen, when alliances sign a super MDP (meaning any MDP in which an attack on one is literally an attack on the other, not just a treaty activation) it supersedes anti-cascading since the alliances involved basically consider themselves a single entity through the treaty. Works on both sides, but I don't think the situation's come up on the Hegemony side of the war yet.

-Drac

Edited by Dracule Mihawk

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are quite right. However, the NpO does NOT have a MDP with NSO. The STA declared on DOOM. The STA declared on ML. NpO chose not to declare on ML. NpO then chose to declare on DOOM, which is exactly the same as declaring on ML because it says so in our protectorate treaty with them.

Don't get me wrong. We are not complaining about the wars at all; we are merely pointing out the facts.

You must be choosing to overlook statements about why NpO came in. It has to do with the STA declaration upon DOOM, that is all. You seem to wish to dilute that statement with false truths. I personally do not appreciate it.

To be fair all baiting I've seen have been by general membership of alliances not by anyone that are actually in a position to make any decisions and I've seen very little baiting from NpO members anyway most if it have been from other alliance members.

This may be the case. Honestly, I cannot say I know the ruler of every alliance.

And, just for the record, DOOM only attacked NSO nations attacking ML members. At no time was the STA actually threatened by DOOM. Only their MDP with NSO is relevant.

When did DOOM threaten the STA?

How many times will I have to type this, it's been at least half a dozen so far.

By attacking the coordinated STA/NSO front, DOOM lessens that groups ability to fight. This puts additional strain on STA to fight wars which would previously have been shared between the two. Was it a big threat. No. But a threat is a threat none the less. Our DoW should serve as a deterant to anyone else who thinks they can avoid our wrath by only attacking the NSO half of the coordinated STA/NSO effort.

I have still not seen any response to my question of how this is "opportunistic" or advantageous for Polaris.

It has to do with the STA declaration upon DOOM, that is all.

If that is the case, why did NpO not declare on ML when the STA did? I am genuinely confused.

You seem to wish to dilute that statement with false truths. I personally do not appreciate it.

I have not intentionally done so. I truly believe that everything I have typed to be true. I'm not saying that I can't be wrong.

If that is the case, why did NpO not declare on ML when the STA did? I am genuinely confused.

I have not intentionally done so. I truly believe that everything I have typed to be true. I'm not saying that I can't be wrong.

Unfortunately I do not have much longer before I must be gone but I would like to discuss such with you in IRC later if possible.

ML's declaration on MK was not a threat to the STA and as I have stated in my previous post, DOOM's was. We see this attack as an indirect attack on STA via the STA/NSO front which are fighting together.

While rumor has it us shrooms and these melon people are "enemies" or some silly little thing like that, I'd like to wish them good luck.

ML is a honorable ally to have by your side, and a respectable opponent to be fighting against.

The world is not black and white and Polaris has always made it abundantly clear that we would do whatever we felt necessary to defend STA from outside threats, as they have done for us.

I agree STA are one of the best allies an alliance can have, i just feel your decision to let some treaties chain, and some not, is poor form.

Also hello BNW how are you? i am fine.

I agree STA are one of the best allies an alliance can have, i just feel your decision to let some treaties chain, and some not, is poor form.

Also hello BNW how are you? i am fine.

How so? Should not any alliance be free to make and interpret treaties however they wish so long as that interpretation is shared between the two parties signing?

I would also like to point out that even if we didn't have a treaty with STA (i.e. during our earlier peace terms) we would still fight with them.

I am well MT. If anything at least this global conflict has been an opportunity to chat and re-connect with some old friends :)

Edited by BraveNewWorld

How so? Should not any alliance be free to make and interpret treaties however they wish so long as that interpretation is shared between the two parties signing?

I would also like to point out that even if we didn't have a treaty with STA (i.e. during our earlier peace terms) we would still fight with them.

I am well MT. If anything at least this global conflict has been an opportunity to chat and re-connect with some old friends :)

I'm aware of your ties with STA :P (we kinda love em aswell i guess) I'm glad to see NpO enter the war, especially on this side :P and even on this front with MK, but i dont like to see treaties manipulated.

All I have to say is;

"It is what it is!" Hindsight is 20/20. I for one got un-lazy and could not find the linking treaties...then...POP... I found them (with some help)

Let's stop throwing words. If I could declare I would. I also promised a slot to VooDoo Nova and then Sileath. When I can I will

MOLON LABE

They have their own sovereignty. Who are we to take it from them? They knew what they were getting into. Had the NpO not jumped in, then they would be fighting the same people we were. Again, NpO made that decision.

Actually, Article IV of your protectorate agreement (which really is just an overglorified MDoAP if you throw this section out of the window) stipulates that you did have the option of rejecting their entry into the war.

Molon Labe is given veto powers over any DOOM foreign policy action that can be reasonably shown to threaten the safety of the Molon Labe alliance.

So assuming the treaty was followed precisely, this decision was MLs and not the NpOs

Edited by tamerlane