Farkistan Declaration of War

Ideally we'd have PB-Valhalla on you guys, because we can't handle any of you. Unlike Valhalla, Umbrella only has fun in stomps where the odds are >10:1.

Anyway, the truth is that we don't have enough nations to tango with your lower ranks, and heard that they were getting a bit anxious and bored. Being the good war-hosts that we are, we naturally arranged for this problem to be alleviated. Good luck to the younger vikings who are about to enter a righteously painful world.

I lol'd. You guys in Umbrella (and Kronos for that matter) have been a whole lot of fun. Thank you for being good war-hosts, as well. Our little guys have indeed been getting anxious & bored indeed, and I think this will do a lot to help. :P

Edited by Kryievla

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In defense of Umbrella, Farkistan declares war on Valhalla.
Legally, Fark activated an oA clause to declare on you. Doesn't mean they didn't do it to defend Umbrella. Unless declaring in defense of TPF doesn't count because they declared war first?

Im sorry must be my lack of reading comprehension that doesn't allow me to see where in the op it states oA

No one is saying you are the aggressor. They aren't saying defense in a "legal" sense in regards to what part of the treaty they are activating they are just saying "hey we are helping our friends fight Valhalla". Like I said not every sentence is made in an attempt to hold up in E-court some people just like to talk like normal people.

OOC if I go to a bar and my friend starts !@#$ and some other people start to hit him I will com in to defend him even though he was the aggressor. see how that works?

OOC if i go into a bar with a friend and he shoots someone for the fun of it, I dont think im going to defend him when someone with a bigger gun shoots back. see how that works?

/me gets his English Degree-holder decoder ring out...

Actually he's right. While in the technical legal sense Farkistan is entering in through an oA clause, it is not technically wrong to say that they are acting in defense of Umbrella. It could as easily mean "we don't particularly have an issue with Valhalla, so our major reason for being here is in support of a friend, Umbrella."

Which is a lot longer and clumsier a sentence.

And it is all a completely irrelevant point anyway. War is engaged, for whatever reason, through legitimate treaty obligations and ties. Complaining about it as some sort of ethical issue only really serves to illustrate how unfamiliar you are with the general ethical standards in play here.

Again your true colors are showing. And I have become quite familiar reading through so many threads with your idea of ethical standards, or lack thereof.

I lol'd :P You guys in Umbrella (and Kronos for that matter) have been a whole lot of fun. Thank you for being good war-hosts, as well. Our little guys have indeed been getting anxious & bored, and I think this will do a lot to help ;)

Please send one to me!!! I would go get one myself but the three offensive wars and nuclear anarchy make it hard :wub:

Considering the truth contained in those posts which has played out since then you may want to look for another example. ;)

Because we're currently at war with Valhalla right? If we had planned to roll Valhalla all along why did we end up attacking NPO and TOOL? It's not like we're going to start a great war just so we can fight Valhalla.

Im sorry must be my lack of reading comprehension that doesn't allow me to see where in the op it states oA

It doesn't. In fct it doesn't state anything about a treaty at all probably because they weren't talking about the logistics of the treaty at all.

OOC if i go into a bar with a friend and he shoots someone for the fun of it, I dont think im going to defend him when someone with a bigger gun shoots back. see how that works?

Yes but I don't see how that is relevant to anything. my example was talking about the usage of the word defense not about anyones judgment in getting involved in a conflict.

Please send one to me!!! I would go get one myself but the three offensive wars and nuclear anarchy make it hard :wub:

I'll do my level best, though I suspect you're too big for them. Otherwise you'll need to wait til someone gets out of nuke anarchy; most of us are in it as well. :P

It doesn't. In fct it doesn't state anything about a treaty at all probably because they weren't talking about the logistics of the treaty at all.

Yes but I don't see how that is relevant to anything. my example was talking about the usage of the word defense not about anyones judgment in getting involved in a conflict.

If you say it its relevant.... Typical

Then what is the DoW based on? no treaty necessary? Thats fine too, just wished you folks would get it straight

Then what is the DoW based on? no treaty necessary? Thats fine too, just wished you folks would get it straight

The CB is based on the treaty. they activated the oA clause of the treaty with Umbrella. just because they didn't say anything about the treaty in the DoW does not mean that they didn't activate it.

Are you guys really this dense or are you this bad at spinning things?

And I just said that I didnt see how the example that was given was relevant I did not say it wasn't relevant. If Kry would like to tell me how it is relevant I would be more than happy to listen.

Edited by KingSrqt

I'll be the next person to tell you this... again...

They activated the oA portion of a treaty in defense of Umbrella when Umbrella got counterattacked.

I'll preempt you needing it said again.

They activated the oA portion of a treaty in defense of Umbrella when Umbrella got counterattacked.

Let me know if you want me to just copy and past it again. I'll be around all night.

Because we're currently at war with Valhalla right? If we had planned to roll Valhalla all along why did we end up attacking NPO and TOOL? It's not like we're going to start a great war just so we can fight Valhalla.

The plan known as Karma which Sparta most certainly participated in for quite some time was primarily aimed at NPO with a side target consisting of the rest of Sparta's Q treaty partners other than TOP and MHA. My comment about trying to destroy "us" was refering to that broader war plan. It certainly didn't require Sparta itself to attack Valhalla in order to be proven true. The fact that you attacked Q so quickly after leaving is more than enough to prove me correct.

Umbrella got counterattacked.

by the people they attacked, yeah ok got that part. So they had to call in the rest of the schoolyard when they got a black eye.

that would explain the relevance of the ooc post regarding friend getting into a fight.

I think i got it now, thanks.

O/ to those who become what they despise.

The plan known as Karma which Sparta most certainly participated in for quite some time was primarily aimed at NPO with a side target consisting of the rest of Sparta's Q treaty partners other than TOP and MHA. My comment about trying to destroy "us" was refering to that broader war plan. It certainly didn't require Sparta itself to attack Valhalla in order to be proven true. The fact that you attacked Q so quickly after leaving is more than enough to prove me correct.

Well now thank God somebody has been wearing their tinfoil hat.

I'm not theorizing or guessing. I'm stating a fact. You really think Karma just appeared out of thin air?

Of course not. Karma is built over time, by one's actions. You guys have been working on this one for years.