F5 F5 F5 F5 Waaaar!! Or... I would, but...

Imperium of Poliz

Lol.jpg

What is this, 4chan?

Did this happen in the other Wars throughout CN history? I've seriously been on for like 15 mins trying to get on, lol.

EDIT:

lol2.jpg

GG Cybernations' servers

Apologies to the staff. Lol, we DID 4chan it to hell.

Edited by Poliz

The admin has never attempted to stop this. Happens every time. It's so expected that it's put into a lot of alliance war guides as a reminder to members new to Great Wars.

This is untrue.

There are only so many simultaneous connections a database can handle.

When I checked around update, there were roughly 4000 people online. It is understandable, I think, if the server cannot handle that kind of a load.

I wasn't complaining, i was just making the comment that we managed to 'break' CN...

Some players will see this as an achievement, I'm sure, but... the staff will have a different opinion...

Edited by Poliz

This is untrue.

This is exactly right. It is not an issue of bandwidth as some people have suggested. We have lots of that available. The issue is the thousands of concurrent connections all hitting the CN database at once. Since we all play on the same 'Planet Bob' world that means we all share the same database and so there's no avoiding the great war slowdowns even with the great big expensive servers that we are running on. The good thing is that CN isn't broken up into multiple worlds which means we all get to interact with one another on this 'Planet Bob' of ours and 99.9% of the time everything works great. It's the 0.1% of times during gigantic wars that tend to slow everything down for an hour or two around midnight updates.

This is untrue.

Yeah GUYS.

Plus if I were him I'd be prettttty damn slow to invest anything over 100 bucks in fixing it. It affects the game about twice a year for a few nights. Planet Bob continues to spin.

This is untrue.

Untrue? That doesn't prove my statement untrue, you're just stating something I explained, but adding further detail.

And no attempts, that I know of at least, were made to "fix" this problem that happens once or twice a year, which I never implied is a terrible thing when this game isn't exactly intended to be a commercial investment and/or liability for the admin. If the admin believes it is not worth the cost to "fix" it, then that is fine, it's better than having more advertisements but a more sustainable server for all of the traffic that comes in so few times.

This is exactly right. It is not an issue of bandwidth as some people have suggested. We have lots of that available. The issue is the thousands of concurrent connections all hitting the CN database at once. Since we all play on the same 'Planet Bob' world that means we all share the same database and so there's no avoiding the great war slowdowns even with the great big expensive servers that we are running on. The good thing is that CN isn't broken up into multiple worlds which means we all get to interact with one another on this 'Planet Bob' of ours and 99.9% of the time everything works great. It's the 0.1% of times during gigantic wars that tend to slow everything down for an hour or two around midnight updates.

Is there no way to improve the database accessibility?