Republic of Mariehamm goes to War

Uberstein

OOC:

Link to original post

IC:

Due to invading forces by The German Reich, the Republic of Mariehamm has declared a state of defencive war between itself and the German Reich.

The Republican Parliament has activated all MDP's, and calls for international support against Nordic Imperialism.

Uberstein released a speech,

Sovereign territory has been invaded by the German Reich, and while they thought such a small amount of land would be ignored, I will not cower before their guns and steel. I call upon the world to remember Slavorussia, to remember the older days, of a better Europe, a stable Europe. Look at what the Nords have done countless times, blatent imperialism without regard to land, life, or historical loss. They have firebombed cities, napalmed ancient forests. They have made a perversion of German culture, they have commited countless crimes against human rights! Now is the time, because I will never surrender, even if all of my country is occupied, we will fight them. Even if the Nordic fascism falls upon all of Europa, we shall FIGHT them.

I never used to believe in Good or Evil, but now I know that Evil has a name, and it is Martensism and their "nordic" ideals. Wiether my allies join me on this or not, and if alone I surely march to my death, I will say that I regret nothing, and it is better to live with a spine, then to cower before the jackboots of fascists.

Classified:

The Mariehamm government has been evacuated to undisclosed locations due to the chance of nuclear attacks.

Civilians are being urged to be ready to evacuate if ordered too.

Over the horizon radar, Acoustic Mirror Defenses, and all other fortifications and anti-air systems are online.

All Coastal defenses and fortifications on Nordic boarders are being manned.

Edited by BaronUberstein

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"To clarify, the source and reason of the war are as follows. Following Ãœberstein's creation of Anti-Nordlandic Racial Policies in his bloc and aggressive speech, we decided to send operatives to Ãœberstein's residence in Germany, and then we evacuated his family living there, exiling them to Mariehamm, on the grounds that given Ãœberstein's hatred for our people he was not only a potential threat but also a disgrace and a traitor to Germany. Ãœberstein however claims that the territories that he owned in Germany actually constitue a part of Mariehamm arms, and used to constitute a part of Ãœbersteinia. Under that belief, he has declared "defensive" war against Nordland. In reality such thing is not possible, no man will ever find a map regarding that territory as a sovereign nation, it's always been a part of either Germany, Gebiv, or Nordland. He pretends to activate MDPs on what is in fact an offensive war."

martensmapib7.png

"In addition here we have an Official Historical Map of the German Reich proving that not only in the present, but also in the past, that land had not been sovereign but instead a part of Germany. Lastly, Nordland is unable by policy to declare wars offensively. Not only we can't invade a country which doesn't exist, policy also would have forbid it."

Nordlandic Confederacy has switched to maximum readiness, and Nordheim's troops start to mobilize towards the north, taking positions at the Nordlandic Defensive Structures previously built. Although war has been declared, neither nation has so far exchanged fire.

"In order to give peace a chance, we demand for Ãœberstein to resign from his position, to resign from any involvements from Mariehamm and to accept being eternally exiled from Europe, Nordland included, as well as Mariehamm's present or future posessions."

Edited by Kaiser Martens

martensmapib7.png

"In addition here we have an Official Historical Map of the German Reich proving that not only in the present, but also in the past, that land had not been sovereign but instead a part of Germany."

Nordlandic Confederacy has switched to maximum readiness, and Nordheim's troops start to mobilize towards the north, taking positions at the Nordlandic Defensive Structures previously built. Although war has been declared, neither nation has so far exchanged fire.

"In order to give peace a chance, we demand for Ãœberstein to resign from his position, to resign from any involvements from Mariehamm and to accept being eternally exiled from Europe, Nordland included, as well as Mariehamm's present or future posessions."

"So you're trying to claim that land belongs to you with a Nordic map? The fact that you don't see the fallacy in that is laughable. I will not resign, I have studied your wars, and you know nothing of combat with your heavy tanks and outdated blitzkrieg tactics. Mariehamm will stand strong, and even if it falls, every man woman and child will hate you, because this nation is made of REAL Scandinavians, not a false whitewash state founded by a fascist who only wants control."

The exiled Slavorussian government, who still considers itself in a state of war with Nordland supports Mariehamm in their mission to defend their land from the Nordic invasion.

In the CAF the Slavorussian refugees cheer, but caution the people and government of Mariehamm, the Nords goddmod are formidable opponents.

In contrast the CAF government has no statement at this time.

"That is not a Nordic map, that is a German map from years prior of the first Nordland. You, Sir, are again mistaken. Real scandinavians? And we're fake scandinavians? You're trying to turn a war over your personal ego into an ethnic issue, and that is not acceptable, at least not since 1940 approximately."

The exiled Slavorussian government, who still considers itself in a state of war with Nordland supports Mariehamm in their mission to defend their land from the Nordic invasion.

In the CAF the Slavorussian refugees cheer, but caution the people and government of Mariehamm, the Nords goddmod are formidable opponents.

In contrast the CAF government has no statement at this time.

OOC: Don't worry, I won't accept their normal "We keep on driving and your attacks do nothing" bs. I happen to know a bit about tactics, and have several resources on hand. They just invaded someone who is trying to get into Westpoint.

"That is not a Nordic map, that is a German map from years prior of the first Nordland. You, Sir, are again mistaken. Real scandinavians? And we're fake scandinavians? You're trying to turn a war over your personal ego into an ethnic issue, and that is not acceptable, at least not since 1940 approximately."

"Your version of Nordic is an insult to the many diverse cultures of Europe. Bavarians are different from Prussians, Swedish is different from Norwegian. Belorussian is different from Polish and those from the Urkraine. I want freedom for Europe, you want to create a single race that crushes all others, and that is criminal."

Edited by BaronUberstein

"Swedish, different from Norweigan? Only slightly, and due to political issues. If you speak Swedish, you can understand and be understood by all Norweigans, and vice versa. Belorusian is different form Polish, yet it's only not one hundred percent the same as Ukranians and Russians due to...political reasons. Bavarians are different from Prussians, but we're all Germans, and that's what counts. Remember the Kalmar Union. Remember the Völkerwanderung. We're the Nordlanders, and we're not gonna have you discriminate against us because of your ignorance. One thing is speaking against us, but when you've declared a racial war againt us, you've gone too far."

"Swedish, different from Norweigan? Only slightly, and due to political issues. If you speak Swedish, you can understand and be understood by all Norweigans, and vice versa. Belorusian is different form Polish, yet it's only not one hundred percent the same as Ukranians and Russians due to...political reasons. Bavarians are different from Prussians, but we're all Germans, and that's what counts. Remember the Kalmar Union. Remember the Völkerwanderung. We're the Nordlanders, and we're not gonna have you discriminate against us because of your ignorance. One thing is speaking against us, but when you've declared a racial war againt us, you've gone too far."

"You declared a Racial war on EUROPE the day you came up with that perverted ideology. To deny people their cultures is criminal. I have nothing to say to you, for you are nothing but a fascist, a racist, and delusional."

"ADI is not a nation to go to war at the drop of a hat, and as such we have much deliberation to do before a final decision on this matter has been made. From a legal point of view, Marriehamm has gone to war over legitimate reasons, but these have nothing to do with the land, but for the imprisonment of an Uberstein family member without cause. This piece of land belongs to Germany, but it is still wrong that an innocent man be imprisoned for no reason. We are bound by the TEC, but in a matter as fragile as this one, we will not rush to war.

"Thank you."

Dranaggan World Wide Aid Program has stopped shipments to ALL european nations. The constant state of war has nulled the aid for the entire continent. If money can be spent on ammunition then there is more than enough to be spent without aid.

Message to NC Nations and TEC Nations

From the desk of the Tsarina Anna Ivanova-Romanov

As the Tsar is busy on Military Matters, I have been given sole authority for awhile. I open Kotka to both sides to produce peace in our lands. The Craters of Helsinki and Rome still glow with the fires of hate. Let us not resort to war again.

**classified**

Taeunas forces go to DefCon 3 and warning issues ordered to Second Fleet and 1st "Spearhead" Division.

Alerts also going out to "Chimera" LDLAM-53 missile sites.

Bomber forces being loaded with MDLAM-65 "Hydra"

**Public**

Taeunas urges both sides to calm down and not escalate this any further than it has already gone. We've had too many wars recently. If this keeps up, we'll bomb ourselves right back into the stone age, and none of us want that.

**Private to Sarah Tintagyl**

Any efforts you can manage to calm those Nordic maniacs down would be nice. We'll be doing hte same on our end to try and get RoM to stop acting the maggot.

Slainte!

Christos

**Official Statement from Greater Germany**

The Republic of Mariehamm once again shows just how committed they are to a peaceful Europa. Their actions today have been very disturbing, and we are sad to see them take the path of war. Aside from that, all of this could have been avoided by following a number of steps:

1. The Baron's cousin should not have engaged in activity, which we considered to be of risk to the security of the Reich.

2. They should have updated all land claims with the Reich Central Government, regarding the sovereignty of the land they owned within Germany.

They did none of these things and are now trying to lie, to get their way. They are saying the Baron's cousin was kidnapped. That is NOT true. He was simply questioned and released.

Nevertheless, it seems Mariehamm wants a war. Unfortunately, we won't be the one to give it to them. We shall refrain from taking offensive actions and will only seek to end this with diplomatic means. That is all.

**Secret IC**

The Greater German Reich has been placed on full alert and all miliary assets have been mobilized.

Nevertheless, it seems Mariehamm wants a war. Unfortunately, we won't be the one to give it to them. We shall refrain from taking offensive actions and will only seek to end this with diplomatic means. That is all.

This moment has been noted as the greatest moment in recent German history. For the first time in recent memory Germany actually intends to end something diplomatically. Congratulations you're moving up in the world.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

This moment has been noted as the greatest moment in recent German history. For the first time in recent memory Germany actually intends to end something diplomatically. Congratulations you're moving up in the world.

"Well, what can we say, we love to war, but we also love to sit in peace and drink beer."