Republic of Mariehamm goes to War

Uberstein

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**Official Statement from Greater Germany**

The Republic of Mariehamm once again shows just how committed they are to a peaceful Europa. Their actions today have been very disturbing, and we are sad to see them take the path of war. Aside from that, all of this could have been avoided by following a number of steps:

1. The Baron's cousin should not have engaged in activity, which we considered to be of risk to the security of the Reich.

2. They should have updated all land claims with the Reich Central Government, regarding the sovereignty of the land they owned within Germany.

They did none of these things and are now trying to lie, to get their way. They are saying the Baron's cousin was kidnapped. That is NOT true. He was simply questioned and released.

1. Fredrick von Uberstein has committed no crime, is being deported without trial, and is being illegally arrested on land that does not belong to the German Reich.

2. We saw no need to report to a government that had no control over the land. Your claims on Uberstein Family territory are illegal. The German Reich once again is attempting to lie and cheat it's way though politics.

We are committed to a peaceful Europe, but not a peace where there is ethnic cleansing and a gun to everyone's head. A Europe at peace for the wrong reasons is just as bad as a Europe at war.

1. Fredrick von Uberstein has committed no crime, is being deported without trial, and is being illegally arrested on land that does not belong to the German Reich.

2. We saw no need to report to a government that had no control over the land. Your claims on Uberstein Family territory are illegal. The German Reich once again is attempting to lie and cheat it's way though politics.

We are committed to a peaceful Europe, but not a peace where there is ethnic cleansing and a gun to everyone's head. A Europe at peace for the wrong reasons is just as bad as a Europe at war.

1. He was reponsible for the spreading of Anti-Reich propaganda. That is reason alone for us to take action.

2. You had every need, especially after the collapse of the previous government in the UFE/European conflict. We "wiped" the slate clean and started anew.

3. You are only committed to peace in Europa, when it benefits you. We didn't declare war. You did. You are quite the hypocrite.

1. He was reponsible for the spreading of Anti-Reich propaganda. That is reason alone for us to take action.

2. You had every need, especially after the collapse of the previous government in the UFE/European conflict. We "wiped" the slate clean and started anew.

3. You are only committed to peace in Europa, when it benefits you. We didn't declare war. You did. You are quite the hypocrite.

One could argue invading his land and detaining in essence a Diplomat are a Declaration of War. If I invaded Berlin stating I didn't know it was yours how would you react?

1. Fredrick von Uberstein never even left the Estate, and doesn't know how to use the Internet, so how exactly did he spread this propoganda?

2. The Ubersteinian Family only "reports" to the Holy Roman Emperor, who does not exist anymore. Your "Germany" has no claim to the land, no claim to control over the land, or even a connection to the family.

3. I am committed to real peace, not a peace that commits ethnic cleansing, brainwashing, and ignores human rights.

You declared war when you stepped foot in that land. We simply acknowledged your declaration.

The way we see it in Norsvea, the Nords are bascially a recooperation of all the Germanic cultures. Scandinavian, German, Swiss, Prussian, Belgian, Dutch, etc. They have been divided by political borders and madmen such as yourselves. Swedes and Norwegians both have a word for love: kära and kjære, respectively. They sound exactly the same. The differences are only in writing. What we are doing is uniting the divided cultures, making them once again the same. This is what the language of Nordlandic is doing, we are not creating a new language, we are merely standardizing all the other languages.

Now you are coming in here and saying "SWEDES ARE DIFFERENT FROM NORWEGIANS AND PRUSSIANS ARE NOT BAVARIANS!" is wholely and completely wrong. We are all sons and daughters of the Æsir. Our home is the northlands. We are the racists? No, you are.

The way we see it in Norsvea, the Nords are bascially a recooperation of all the Germanic cultures. Scandinavian, German, Swiss, Prussian, Belgian, Dutch, etc. They have been divided by political borders and madmen such as yourselves. Swedes and Norwegians both have a word for love: kära and kjære, respectively. They sound exactly the same. The differences are only in writing. What we are doing is uniting the divided cultures, making them once again the same. This is what the language of Nordlandic is doing, we are not creating a new language, we are merely standardizing all the other languages.

Now you are coming in here and saying "SWEDES ARE DIFFERENT FROM NORWEGIANS AND PRUSSIANS ARE NOT BAVARIANS!" is wholely and completely wrong. We are all sons and daughters of the Æsir. Our home is the northlands. We are the racists? No, you are.

OOC: And I know OOC you're wrong. Bavarians even have a different sounding language than "Normal" German.

IC:

"Your whitewashing of these separate cultures is insulting to them and an act of ethnic cleansing. If you truly wanted to unite cultures under the pretense of a common ancestor, why not make everyone African? These cultures have developed separately and on their own, and to claim that they are all the same is sheer ignorance. Every culture is unique." -Uberstein.

"To clarify, the source and reason of the war are as follows. Following Ãœberstein's creation of Anti-Nordlandic Racial Policies in his bloc and aggressive speech, we decided to send operatives to Ãœberstein's residence in Germany, and then we evacuated his family living there, exiling them to Mariehamm, on the grounds that given Ãœberstein's hatred for our people he was not only a potential threat but also a disgrace and a traitor to Germany. Ãœberstein however claims that the territories that he owned in Germany actually constitue a part of Mariehamm arms, and used to constitute a part of Ãœbersteinia. Under that belief, he has declared "defensive" war against Nordland. In reality such thing is not possible, no man will ever find a map regarding that territory as a sovereign nation, it's always been a part of either Germany, Gebiv, or Nordland. He pretends to activate MDPs on what is in fact an offensive war."

You are mistaken. What Germany did was the equivalent of storming an embassy. Embassies belong to the nation they are supposed to represent.

**Official Statement from Greater Germany**

The Republic of Mariehamm once again shows just how committed they are to a peaceful Europa. Their actions today have been very disturbing, and we are sad to see them take the path of war. Aside from that, all of this could have been avoided by following a number of steps:

1. The Baron's cousin should not have engaged in activity, which we considered to be of risk to the security of the Reich.

2. They should have updated all land claims with the Reich Central Government, regarding the sovereignty of the land they owned within Germany.

1. Please define what activity an old man who never left the manor and rarely communicated with anything outside it could have done.

2. Is an embassy actually marked on a map as the sovereign territory of the nation it represents? No. But it is still considered to be.

Molakia has done what it can. We have sent word to Uberstein reguarding a failsafe way to keep your leader alive. We have begged the NC to stop fighting.

Molakia has activated Article 1 of our Defensive Response. Any Military, Nordic or otherwise, found in Molakia will be shot ON SIGHT, WITH NO WARNING. The Dept. of Defense has also, in coordination from the Royal Family, activated our Nuclear Weapons stockpile. The Weapons are being loaded onto ICBMs as we speak.

This is a warning: Kill each other if you must, but if a Single Molakian is HURT, Molakia will declare war on the offender.

Molakia will move to DEFCON 2.

-Nikolai Romanov, Tsar of Molakia

OOC: Couldn't you have at least waited a little while to make the announcement? :(

OOC: That would be dishonest to my IC integrity, Uberstein wouldn't wait to react. Even though I DO have OOC issues with the NC, I have perfectly IC reasons for this war.

I try to not let my OOC influence my IC.

"The Propaganda machine is running it seems, too bad it can't erase thousands of years of history"

***Private, Presidential Residence***

"Ugh, another Nordic Confederacy war? See what the Imperial Alliance has in Norfolk. I want all their military assets out of there. No need having someone like ComIntern go and attack Norfolk and us being part of the collateral damage."

"Yes, Mr. President."

***Classified***

The Ardorian military upgrades from DefCon 4 to DefCon 3.

Edited by Raritan

OOC:

Before you decide to "recognize hostilities", please make your RP consistent.

In your first post of the "Striking down enemies of the state" thread

"Excuse me, last I checked I paid my taxes, what on earth are you doing here?"

This would implicate that you did indeed pay taxes to the German authorities. If Uberstein's estate was indeed part of Mariehamm, why would there be taxes paid to a German authority?

( http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1435113 )

Now, let's discuss political ownership and haven law.

For an extension of a nation within claims of another nation to be recognized by the world community, a governor of the region must be put into place, ownership declared by the "mother" country, and geographers notified of exact borders, and notification must be placed (atleast 6 months before an installation of a governor) to the prolapsing nation. (Gibraltar reaffirmation to the UN in 1952 and later the EU in 1999)

Now, Embassies are indeed recognized as sovereign territory of a nation, however, they may be repossessed at the will of the nation they reside in. Every time an embassy is evacuated a war of territorial dispute doesn't start--actually, it has never happened.

You see, this is why I can't purchase land in the middle of the United States--and as a German citizen--declare it part of Sovereign Germany, as there would:

1. Need to be a Governor put into place

2. Need German recognition of of ownership

3. Notification made via embassy of transfer of recognition/ownership

I understand that true international law is not recognized in CNRP (to an extent), however, it is still relevant. In your long history of CNRP, there was never once an announcement, recognition, or even RPed steps toward Uberstein's national ownership of the estate, therefore, this is a blatant godmode or a just a very poor RP--that's for the community to decide.

Edited by Brian Reimer

OOC:

Royal or otherwise Noble families in Europe often own estates in lands other than those they control as a sovereign. It is nothing more than a private estate owned by a family, no greater or less than any other land owned by anybody else in that nation. Thus, Uberstein owned the land as a personal citizen, not the nation of Uberstein in any way, regardless of the fact that he controlled both.

The Kingdom of Serbia officially declares its stance on international pacts:

"The Kingdom of Serbia shall not join in the entanlgement of international pacts, binding our nation to the fate of others. Besides the agreements of "smaller scale" pacts, the Kingdom of Serbia will not participate in international coalitions. With that, we withdraw our request to join the True European Coalition."

OOC: Things like MDPs etc. are OK, but I won't be joining any international pacts like the True European Coalition.

The Kingdom of Serbia officially declares its stance on international pacts:

"The Kingdom of Serbia shall not join in the entanlgement of international pacts, binding our nation to the fate of others. Besides the agreements of "smaller scale" pacts, the Kingdom of Serbia will not participate in international coalitions. With that, we withdraw our request to join the True European Coalition."

OOC: Things like MDPs etc. are OK, but I won't be joining any international pacts like the True European Coalition.

OOC: I assume you mean you won't join multi-lateral treaties (those involving three or more nations), right?

Edited by Subtleknifewielder