Imperial Decree

No. That is not what this war is about. Karma is fighting against what The Hegemony has stood for for so long. We will not be turning around hypocritically disbanding their alliance. In fact, if this is the kind of public rhetoric that we can expect from you, please just stay out of it.

I had no intention to speak on behalf of anyone. Just throwing out my personal opinion, though I know that it isn't what most would want.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be part of those 1000 others? :rolleyes:

Those days for me are over good sir, I wish to grow in peace with the rest of the hippie's, however as many have stated I've waited for this day for damn near three years and from the looks of things I won't be disappointed.

Very funny how NPO is getting trolled for dealing with a spy taking information from private forum areas and disclosing to another. This has been building up for days..we have been waiting for action all weekend folks. 4 days of negotiations wasn't enough time to reach an agreement?

I am sure if OV had a CB such as this on NPO there wouldn't be any talks on peace negotiations. Having dealt with NPO on a few times I know they are pretty fair with us. Good luck to all involved

Those days for me are over good sir, I wish to grow in peace with the rest of the hippie's, however as many have stated I've waited for this day for damn near three years and from the looks of things I won't be disappointed.

You've waited for 3 years and now you don't want a piece? That's severely disappointing to all those people that wanted a piece of you.

I have to agree with Peztar here bum. We're fighting those who practice what you just preached. We won't lower ourselves to their level

That was a realpolitical statement though. Some alliances, and some of their members, will never forget and forgive. Not for years.

That was a realpolitical statement though. Some alliances, and some of their members, will never forget and forgive. Not for years.

I think you hit the nail on the head, shilo. OMG THIS IS ME AGREEING WITH YOU. :lol:

I don't like giving candy to you folks, but when the guys with the guns say "this is our last offer" and you reject it, negotiations are over. Period. If you change your mind after that, you really screwed up big time. Negotiations can't go on forever, and 5-6 days is plenty for someone to admit that they're wrong, and take a round of wars to avoid his alliance being rolled.

The war is not about BC spies in NPO (though maybe it should be), it's about a government official from another alliance accepting and promising to keep secret information which was taken without authorization from a private forum. Should it matter what that information was? No. Even if it was our lunch menu, it's still agreeing to keep information taken from a private area of a foreign alliance. Should this alliance be upset that you didn't tell them someone was leaking information? Uh, yes.

What's so hard to understand? Are we keeping a double standard? I don't know, because I've never seen anyone post any evidence that we're doing so. If it's happening, I, as a member of the NPO, would like to know. It probably won't change anything, but at least it would be nice to know that those who are spewing crap about the NPO having a double standard also have some proof/facts/useful info and aren't just saying it because they think it's happening.

Mind you, I'm just a worthless pawn who mindlessly does what they're told. I shouldn't be thinking for myself...my apologies. ;)

o/ Pacifica. Pacifica will prevail.

Now see, that's probably why people come here to post negative opinions of your alliance. You presume that everyone who is not involved, is therefore not entitled to his or her own opinion. Furthermore, you reinforce this belief with a vague threat about being involved either here or on the battlefield, is a bad decision. I'd like to think the reason many of us post here, is because we're not prepared for the pre-packaged CB's that fly around by not just the NPO, but by a lot of alliances. This is sorta just the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. If you expected folks to just ignore a fairly lame CB, and then act like you had every right to declare during peace discussions, then you should check back at the door for your common sense. You may have mistaken that for your own opinion walking in.

Anytime anyone posts here be it personal, political, etc, so long as you wear an AA tag, that is all people see. They think, "O they have that AA so that AA must think that too." As SpiderJerusalem just corrected Soccerbum about that, not entirely true. Within every AA, there will be some who fall on the wrong side so does that make all wars, all treaties, etc, which the total membership are split about a civil disagreement.

As with the issue before us agree with Richard Rahl, either side is 100% blameless to the events unfolding currently. So before you can, "Cb is lame, Logs Out of Context," view it from the other's point of view. You may be surprised what you can learn.

You've waited for 3 years and now you don't want a piece? That's severely disappointing to all those people that wanted a piece of you.

I can imagine :P to be honest I think this day is the only reason I even stuck around, I have this strange feeling when the smoke clears, (I'm thinking sometime in June) That I'll probably fade away in the distance to be a memory long forgotten, Ive had my fun here I'll never deny that..

I don't like giving candy to you folks, but when the guys with the guns say "this is our last offer" and you reject it, negotiations are over. Period.

Negotiations are already over, period, when the guys with the gun say "this is our last offer". Or in fact when the guys bring guns.

Cry havoc, my friends.

Invicta regrets that the situation has come to this. We would always prefer to see a peaceful resolution to conflicts. We hope that the dogs of war will not be loosed upon all of us. But we will be ready to meet them if they are.

Cry havoc, my friends.

Invicta regrets that the situation has come to this. We would always prefer to see a peaceful resolution to conflicts. We hope that the dogs of war will not be loosed upon all of us. But we will be ready to meet them if they are.

well... If you want to stand by your treaties, you might have to

Negotiations are already over, period, when the guys with the gun say "this is our last offer". Or in fact when the guys bring guns.

Definitely, I agree. Obviously I didn't mean that we had already planned for war, but that OV knew they would be attacked if terms were not agreed to. Too bad the terms were pretty fair, IMO.

FAN?

you dare compare FAN with NPO? are you freakin serious?

You come here like vultures circling around your pray, thinking we are dead already and trying to score whatever favor, power you can get out of who you think will win at this point in time. To me, you may say that you are not involved in this war but yet at the rate you flame and try to devalue us, you could have fooled me. You may want to check your personal opinions at the door when you post on the thread, showing support to one side or other can be bad if the results turn out different than you expected.

NPO complains about vultures and trolling.

epic.

I have to agree with Peztar here bum. We're fighting those who practice what you just preached. We won't lower ourselves to their level

GATO got war for 6 months right?

let's at least take it that far :)

of course it depends on how things will go...

I don't like giving candy to you folks, but when the guys with the guns say "this is our last offer" and you reject it, negotiations are over. Period. If you change your mind after that, you really screwed up big time. Negotiations can't go on forever, and 5-6 days is plenty for someone to admit that they're wrong, and take a round of wars to avoid his alliance being rolled.

The war is not about BC spies in NPO (though maybe it should be), it's about a government official from another alliance accepting and promising to keep secret information which was taken without authorization from a private forum. Should it matter what that information was? No. Even if it was our lunch menu, it's still agreeing to keep information taken from a private area of a foreign alliance. Should this alliance be upset that you didn't tell them someone was leaking information? Uh, yes.

What's so hard to understand? Are we keeping a double standard? I don't know, because I've never seen anyone post any evidence that we're doing so. If it's happening, I, as a member of the NPO, would like to know. It probably won't change anything, but at least it would be nice to know that those who are spewing crap about the NPO having a double standard also have some proof/facts/useful info and aren't just saying it because they think it's happening.

Mind you, I'm just a worthless pawn who mindlessly does what they're told. I shouldn't be thinking for myself...my apologies. ;)

o/ Pacifica. Pacifica will prevail.

For starters, I would like to point out that I actually sympathize with the New Pacific Order. I personally think OV is directly responsible for all of this. They did do a fair bit of stalling. However you're not helping your case when you have other NPO members in this thread making the case that the New Pacific Order didn't deliberately break off negotiations. The current excuse would be that Moo lost his connection, and therefore the war started as a subsequent lack of communication because of said connection failure.

What you're saying here is that this was a deliberate, and willful disregard for the traditions associated with a Peace Forum, and a blatant disregard for respect and cooperation that comes with negotiating in good faith. I don't care how you couch it, or with what little pacifican sayings you have stored up, you cannot remove the fact that you did not, from the onset with your preparations for war (by your own admission), negotiate in good faith.

As for Pacifica prevailing? I personally have no stake in the conflict. I wish good luck to both sides and I hope the war will come to a swift conclusion, however you wish to take that.

Anytime anyone posts here be it personal, political, etc, so long as you wear an AA tag, that is all people see. They think, "O they have that AA so that AA must think that too." As SpiderJerusalem just corrected Soccerbum about that, not entirely true. Within every AA, there will be some who fall on the wrong side so does that make all wars, all treaties, etc, which the total membership are split about a civil disagreement.

As with the issue before us agree with Richard Rahl, either side is 100% blameless to the events unfolding currently. So before you can, "Cb is lame, Logs Out of Context," view it from the other's point of view. You may be surprised what you can learn.

Then I must be in the minority to think that actual members are independent creatures capable of formulating their own opinions. I could have sworn I had my sentience around here somewhere. Perhaps I checked it at the door along with my ability to act independently of a mob mentality? Members of alliances are required to adhere to a certain amount of respect towards alliances. This includes refraining from baiting, trolling, flaming, etc; It doesn't mean, or rather I should hope it doesn't, refraining from speaking in a polite, candid way about what you feel o na specific subject. All I have done here is point out the lack of respect that the New Pacific Order showed with their DoW. I do not dispute their CB, though I do feel that they're misplacing their aggression. I dispute the manner in which is was conducting, while at the same time reaffirming my hopes that the war will end swiftly, with minimal losses to both sides.

Edited by Bralor

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you are not the only guys with guns in this situation.

Edited by Aimee Mann

I like the aggressiveness of some ODN members about this.

Considering to date they have been prepared to precisely nothing for the past 2+ years, some sign of life would be good I think. Kudos to ODN for still keeping people thinking that you might actually do something at some stage.

NPO complains about vultures and trolling.

epic.

Epic you say, to actually be able to post valid discussion is epic, you must not get out much. As for the current point, The NPO doesn't bandwagon, we honor our treaties and press forward. Personally I know some who do not ever come to these forums over a few different alliances for the lack of rationality used in posts and how everything somehow gets down to a "No, you" discussion. As both sides have something which added to this mess, blame both. All I say is don't count us down until everything has played out.