A Request From a Fellow CNRPer

Lord Frost

I know the feeling guys; sometimes during the day you find yourself with free time and decide to check IRC and the Forums, and nobody is posting anything! Apparently, there are only certain periods of the day when activity is high enough to keep a constant wave of interesting things going, like new threads or new posts to interesting threads going on.

But that's still no excuse for some of the stuff we post here in CNRP. Guys, OOC is one problem we have here in the RP boards, but a worse problem is Content-less posts. You've all seen them, and you all made one or know someone that has (including myself).

Posts that say things like:

"______ watches this with interest"

"______ seconds this"

"We agree"

"We oppose/support this but will not do anything"

*random, irrelevant OOC comment that really ought not to have been posted*

Etc, etc etc etc.

Fellow RPers, I ask that you join me in stopping posts like this. I only ask all RPers to agree to not make posts that do not need to be there. I'm not a GM, I can't make anyone do anything, but at least do it for Common-Courtesy. Do it for the sake of keeping Spam out of the boards. Do it for the sake of not ruining what could otherwise be good RP. Keep random comments restricted to Private chats on IRC or PM's (IG or Forums), and lets keep our posts relevant and filled with IN CHARACTER CONTENT

Thank you,

Frosty

Edited by Lord Frost

It seems almost you have to arrange in detail and plan for a good rp.

No, you just need to choose those involved in your RP carefully. If I start RPing something for any length of time, I generally try to do it in a way that I know I'll hopefully attract and draw in specific, quality RPers... prime example was my Azarian rebellion a couple of months ago.

Also, OOC comments really perturb me.

I dunno, there can be a time and place for OOC in an RP but the OOC has to contribute something. OOC is good if you want to give third-party observations and source material that may not necessarally be obvious to the participants - but it is something that they *should* or *would* probably know if the RP was RL.

An example of this - although not actually tagged as OOC per se, but probably should have been - was the discussion / commentary between Ranathar and myself in my Project Vela thread. Our discussion is done in the third-person, so it's not really IC but OOC.

Edited by Botha

I just think its a matter of creative that everyone has...I'll be honest, I make tons of posts that really are just mean being "interested", all you have to do is expand on the post a little bit, include characters thoughts and how this may affect your country. After all, if oil prices in Russia soared tomorrow, I for one would be extremely perturbed...so lets say, oil prices in Vaule soared one day, well you could have citizens angry and roll play a confrontation of gas shortages or something like that. Heck, that might lead to a whole new RP for your country.

Just putting my two cents in...that's all, there's why to have long posts that really only say that you're interested.

I for one neither mind the "watching with interest" posts, nor OOC, as long as it's beneficial to the thread. Bickering I do not like and should be taken to PMs or IRC or a separate thread, if it's something big, like about a major war. As long as everyone stays courteous and nice, I don't have a problem with people posting OOC in my threads.

I don't mind them, until those posts make up a big chunk of the thread. The OOC posts are sometime needed when a RP is closed to only one or a few RPers.

Especially when the RP thread is filled with hilarious RPs...

I don't really care. Besides, how would JED make his 1000-odd posts everyday if these were regulated? :awesome:

Someone mention my name? :awesome:

Anyways, I don't actually mind these type of posts as I'm guilty of making them. After all, being short, sweet, and to the point can be preferable in some cases. :ph34r:

Edited by JEDCJT

I really don't care for excesive OOC posts, but they are required sometimes.

The definition of excessive requires for it to be over the amount that is necessary. So no, they're not.

The state of CNRP is obvious to me, even now, and it's really disappointing.

Here I am, asking that fellow rper's limit Spam, and instead this thread has been filled with replies of refusal. Really, nothing justifies Content-less posts. There is no rationalization them, no excuse for posting them. There isn't anything mysterious about saying "My nation watches this with interest", nothing implied or hidden deeper down in the words. All it means is "I will pay attention to this thread more", something which didn't even have to be said, because you would've just done it anyway and posted something if it was relevant to your rp and nation. It's content-less posts! Its Spam!

Edited by Lord Frost

Are you saying RL nations spam each other all the time? :P

RL nations give reasons as to why they are opposed to something, and then usually do something like economic sanctions or whine to the UN, or even invade. Usually RL nations write whole documents as to why they are for or against something.

Im talking about the one liner posts that have no meaning, no elaborations. To quote myself and Sargun, Im talking about Spam

RL nations give reasons as to why they are opposed to something, and then usually do something like economic sanctions or whine to the UN, or even invade. Usually RL nations write whole documents as to why they are for or against something.

Im talking about the one liner posts that have no meaning, no elaborations. To quote myself and Sargun, Im talking about Spam

No, nations do NOT always voice why they approve or disapprove. Though I will admit not as often as occurs here on these forums, so I understand your position.

However, more are elaborated on here than you seem to think.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Are you saying RL nations spam each other all the time? :P

You and Jed seem to have the "we agree totally" perception. What you're doing is nothing more than quoting someone else and saying "^ this", which is spam and has been warned for. You and Jed also seem to have the "we look upon this with interest" fad still going, which is nothing more than a statement saying "we have read your thread". Nothing is added to the topic, no conversation points are added, nothing. It contributes absolutely nothing to anything.

It's. Spam.

You and Jed seem to have the "we agree totally" perception. What you're doing is nothing more than quoting someone else and saying "^ this", which is spam and has been warned for. You and Jed also seem to have the "we look upon this with interest" fad still going, which is nothing more than a statement saying "we have read your thread". Nothing is added to the topic, no conversation points are added, nothing. It contributes absolutely nothing to anything.

It's. Spam.

I do not argue with you on Jed's posts. However..

Evidently you have not been paying close attention to my posts. I have not expressed exact IC agreement with jed or simply said "I look upon this with interes" in some time. I have been finding more creative ways to say it all--like label it classified and have a short conversation that tells an unnamed person to send an agent to moniter the situation, or something.

Tell me how THAT is spam.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

I do not argue with you on Jed's posts. However..

Evidently you have not been paying close attention to my posts. I have not expressed exact IC agreement with jed or simply said "I look upon this with interes" in some time. I have been finding more creative ways to say it all--like label it classified and have a short conversation that tells an unnamed person to send an agent to moniter the situation, or something.

Tell me how THAT is spam.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.