The Pre-emptive Defensive War!

docus maximus

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like you always get stuck in the middle of these things Thaisport, and I do feel bad for you.

The logs do show though, there was a undercurrent of a movement to take down FARK. There is also evidence that SWAT wanted to try to roll The 4077th. I think it is a bit odd that people keep saying this was a crappy CB, but it really seems to be they are just mad a counterstrike hit them before the original strike hit.

LoL... yeah it comes with the Job :) I think you do have a point. People seem to like the forums to show off lol...

Anyway, we are all already at war. lets drop the misunderstandings have a little fun and then call peace when both sides are ready. I have no grudges or ill will towards the other side. I hope everyone can drop the conspiracy theories. There were none before this, there are none now. No hard feelings either, just hope there's understanding.

Dankfire was only LT. rank and from the convo anyone can see he was acting on his own trying to link CNs ties in TE. Maybe trying to be a hero or start a war who know. Ah well its early in the round anyway so we might as well have fun with it. plenty of time for us all to rebuild later

Man there is just so much i want to say in here, but all i will say is.....This is a game, remember?

I think based on the facts, rather GOV or not, he had a leadership position.... There was some kind of plot

against LE and FARK, both of whom TPF are fairly close with. I wasn't going to just let our friends get hit by the FAB 3

and sit on the side lines. Where as i had no hand in hitting MHA, GDA, or SWAT i still agree that if you plot you reap what you sew.

And RE and GDA wouldn't just sit by either and let FARK stand up for them selves against MHA, we saw enough of that last round to not

take precocious steps and neutralize them. not to mention the logs already state a coalition against them.

I think this will be a fun war and you guys should just enjoy the ride......

BG.

Man there is just so much i want to say in here, but all i will say is.....This is a game, remember?

I think based on the facts, rather GOV or not, he had a leadership position.... There was some kind of plot

against LE and FARK, both of whom TPF are fairly close with. I wasn't going to just let our friends get hit by the FAB 3

and sit on the side lines. Where as i had no hand in hitting MHA, GDA, or SWAT i still agree that if you plot you reap what you sew.

And RE and GDA wouldn't just sit by either and let FARK stand up for them selves against MHA, we saw enough of that last round to not

take precocious steps and neutralize them. not to mention the logs already state a coalition against them.

I think this will be a fun war and we should alljust enjoy the ride......

BG.

fixed ^^ :-D it'll be an epic week, gents

Anyway, we are all already at war. lets drop the misunderstandings have a little fun and then call peace when both sides are ready. I have no grudges or ill will towards the other side. I hope everyone can drop the conspiracy theories. There were none before this, there are none now. No hard feelings either, just hope there's understanding.

yeah, wars just get sticky when people try to have a reason for them. let's just fight it out now that it started ;-)

We have a nickname! Sweet!

And we will enjoy the war, it's early enough in the round to rebuild. No hard feelings on either side, right?

LOL! Of course not, you know we :wub: you...We just don't trust you ;)

Also i know its early, i 've already been told all of you guys plan on rebuilding, and let me say GL to you!

BG.

/Arcane puts FreedomvilleAT on the priority target list

Hi FV... how's the bebbeh?

She's doing well :D thanks.

Also, Arcane! After all i did for you in judgment your gonna turn on me!?

-sighs- :P

TF2heavy023.jpg

CRY SOME MORE!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dammit, I wanted to say that )):

Also, I suggested to BG that we use this for the CB instead:

"I do it all because I'm evil,

and I do it all for free,

your tears are all the pay I'll ever need."

— Voltaire, "When You're Evil"

Hang on a sec, did you see any war declarations by SWAT against any other alliance? Or did you still see that most of our members still had tech raid slots?

I don't know, I mean, if most of SWAT's offensive slots were being used for tech raids that would just be a LITTLE indicative that they weren't planning on hitting anyone "next Friday". And it pretty much looks like no one from SWAT was on around update to do a blitz attack.

Silly rulers and their illogical thinking. :rolleyes:

Nice try though, should be fun.

There was in fact a casus belli to this war, which I will present here.

[2009-03-07 19:16:59] <CE member 1> [00:35] <SWAT leader 1> and [sWAT] are planning on killing 4077

[2009-03-07 19:17:00] <CE member 1> [00:35] <SWAT leader 1> Seth and his buds in MHA discovered that LE, OJ, BW, and possibly the fellowship will be countering us in defense of 4077

[2009-03-07 19:17:00] <CE member 1> [00:44] <SWAT leader 1> we'll be blitzing 4077 in a similar fashion to our war on UN

[2009-03-07 19:17:00] <CE member 1> [00:44] <SWAT leader 1> fast and heavy before they can roll out counters

[2009-03-07 19:17:00] <CE member 1> [00:44] <SWAT leader 1> if LE hits us at that update as well, MHA will be covering us

[2009-03-07 19:17:15] <CE member 1> [00:43] <CE member 1> so when were you guys thinking of starting this?

[2009-03-07 19:17:15] <CE member 1> [00:43] <SWAT leader 1> next friday

Your CB should have just been, it's TE! This is just... pretty bad. :lol: Information over a week about a plan that had fallen through. Yes, we considered hitting 4077, but once we started getting further and further away from them in score, we started to change our minds. We had a whole thing about not wanting to pick on alliances smaller than us, we know, we're evil, nor get involved in much politics at all, especially in blocs. Nevertheless, your bloc's CB is that an alliance that holds two NAPs may have been hitting an alliance that, to the best of my knowledge, has no treaties this round nor is it a part of your bloc. Your bloc hit someone because they may or may not have been hitting a random alliance, for all intents and purposes, and if the attacking alliance was countered randomly, the counter-ers may or may not have been countered. That, and SWAT leader 1 hasn't even been around for the past week. Like Andrew said, alliances with almost all full attacking slots due to tech raiding MUST be attacking an alliance the following day, it just [doesn't] make[s] sense.

If I hate bananas and I possibly have friends, and some other people might love bananas, then my friends of questionable existence might hate the banana lovers. But that was last week and now I kinda like bananas. :)

Oh look, it's a CB!

It's also funny that all this information seems to have been given in confidence. All you had to say was, "that's probably a bad idea, I wouldn't do that". Anyway, I think you should reconsider changing your CB to "It's TE" rather than try to make up a retarded excuse for this. As evidenced last round, pre-emptive strikes are pretty retarded. Although Fark does think that a pre-emptive strike is an attack out of defence. Iraq was definitely hit in of defence on the US. :gag:

:popcorn:

Those conversation was with dankfire who is NOT a MHA gov member and only a military leader...

That person was hell bent on hitting fark and was is on his final warning before being kicked from the alliance.

I wish people would actually CHECK IN with a ME about these facts...

But the war already began so it is what it is....

Thaisport

Interesting Thaisport.

Within LE, our conversations were we normally have good relations with MHA, and we have a GDA diplomat set up an office on our boards. We evaluated the IRC logs, and concurred our friends in 4077 and then us were about to get attacked. Hard to believe, but here was the evidence.

Since it appeared we were being plotted against by the parties in that log, it's hardly the sort of thing to come and ask you verify if our preemptive strike would be justified. We moved desisively to counter what we saw to be an imminent threat.

Every story has two sides, that's how we saw the situation.

tracer

Your bloc hit someone because they may or may not have been hitting a random alliance, for all intents and purposes, and if the attacking alliance was countered randomly, the counter-ers may or may not have been countered.

The logs don't seem to leave much doubt really. They don't say "may" or "might", they say "will". And just because an alliance doesn't have an announced treaty in TE doesn't mean that it doesn't have friends. Your expectation of who would back up 4077 shows that you thought 4077 had such friends, and your expectation that MHA would back you up shows that you thought MHA was your friend. Since you seem to have changed your minds, the hit is really unfortunate, but we had no way of knowing this, and it's not like we could have just told you about the plan without blowing opsec all to hell and risking you guys informing the mega alliances.

It's also funny that all this information seems to have been given in confidence. All you had to say was, "that's probably a bad idea, I wouldn't do that".

The thing is, CE approached SWAT early on about an alliance with us Fark, progress was made in talks, etc.... and then you told one of our guys that you were basically putting yourself on the other side of a war. We basically viewed this as you rejecting the alliance proposal and going to the other side. It's not just about SWAT hitting 4077, SWAT was expecting counters to this and had a buddy of its own to help counter. If there weren't preexisting sides for whatever reason, I doubt we would have been able to make this big of a coalition without word of it leaking out to anyone on the other side.

Finally... it is TE, I'm sure you can all just go nuke rogue on us later this round if you don't have fun this war. :P

There was in fact a casus belli to this war, which I will present here.

[Fark gov] I've got war blue balls, want to attack the biggest alliance in TE?

[RE gov] Sure, sounds like fun. Hope we don't all get paved.

Fixed That For You

Interesting Thaisport.

Within LE, our conversations were we normally have good relations with MHA, and we have a GDA diplomat set up an office on our boards. We evaluated the IRC logs, and concurred our friends in 4077 and then us were about to get attacked. Hard to believe, but here was the evidence.

Since it appeared we were being plotted against by the parties in that log, it's hardly the sort of thing to come and ask you verify if our preemptive strike would be justified. We moved desisively to counter what we saw to be an imminent threat.

Every story has two sides, that's how we saw the situation.

tracer

Yeah, I'm pretty sure no alliance would do that. The thing is, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to go to thaisport and ask him if the person 1. is gov and 2. is able to even start a bloc. Dank is a rookie. Rookies make rookie mistakes.

Anyway, I don't expect much diplomacy in this game to begin with.

Edited by FreedomvilleAT

Your CB should have just been, it's TE! This is just... pretty bad. :lol: Information over a week about a plan that had fallen through. Yes, we considered hitting 4077, but once we started getting further and further away from them in score, we started to change our minds. We had a whole thing about not wanting to pick on alliances smaller than us, we know, we're evil, nor get involved in much politics at all, especially in blocs. Nevertheless, your bloc's CB is that an alliance that holds two NAPs may have been hitting an alliance that, to the best of my knowledge, has no treaties this round nor is it a part of your bloc. Your bloc hit someone because they may or may not have been hitting a random alliance, for all intents and purposes, and if the attacking alliance was countered randomly, the counter-ers may or may not have been countered. That, and SWAT leader 1 hasn't even been around for the past week. Like Andrew said, alliances with almost all full attacking slots due to tech raiding MUST be attacking an alliance the following day, it just [doesn't] make[s] sense.

Couple of corrections here.

Yes, you guys were still planning on attacking The 4077th. In fact, there are at least three Swat nations currently attacking our members. I guess they felt annoyed that they wouldn't be getting their revenge ;)

2. We were M*A*S*H last round and I know you like thinking formal announcements on the forums are the only way to have allies, but it's not. We have many allies, including Blackwater and Lafayette Escadrille. Either way, I think you knew who we were and were only out for revenge.

3. We're not a random alliance and I'm not sure you're fooling anybody with that statement. We were M*A*S*H last round and it was pretty obvious who we were (just check 4077 in google :P) Way to carry over a grudge into the next round :lol:

good luck with the war. If you happen to get peace we'll be ready when this one is over.