[CNRP]Vaule calls a RUSSIAN pact Summit in Sygh-Varthys

"Since the support of a no first strike policy has shifted there's hardly any point to having article 7. I do think however, that we should strike any mention of how and when RUSSIAN countries can use WMD's, but keep the rest. This way we at least have some kind of procedure in the wake of an attack on one of our countries."

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Since the support of a no first strike policy has shifted there's hardly any point to having article 7. I do think however, that we should strike any mention of how and when RUSSIAN countries can use WMD's, but keep the rest. This way we at least have some kind of procedure in the wake of an attack on one of our countries."

"Very well, we await a draft text from the Slavorussian delegation"

"I was thinking we could just strike the first sentence of Vaule's proposal for article 7, that would be satisfactory to me. Of course it can be expanded on if needed."

Article Seven: Weapons of Mass Destruction

To prevent lose of life on a widespread scale, signatories should endeavor to not use weapons of mass destruction, unless first attacked by an enemy with weapons of mass destruction. All Signatories should alert all RUSSIAN participants in the event of the use of one within their borders.

A weapon of mass destruction is defined as a device which utilizes a nuclear, biological or chemical weapon, which has the potential to cause massive civilian casualties. (White Phosphorus and similar weaponry do not constitute WMDs when used responsibly)

Voting has ended, the results are as follows:

Proposal #1: 0

Proposal #2: 0

Other Proposal: 1

Strike Article 7: 5

Abstain: 0

The result is that Article 7 is to be struck from the RUSSIAN charter. Now, regarding the Presidency of the RUSSIAN pact. We invite suggestions as to how the order of nations to hold the presidency will be determined. Perhaps via geographic location: East-West, West East, Alphabetical Order, Random selection (1st person to win a confidence vote), or perhaps another system entirely.

"I think the first president should come from Vaule. Vaule has done so much to keep RUSSIAN together. They have been gracious to host the majority of the RUSSIAN summits, which mostly end with positive progressive change among all our nations."

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

"We agree with Slavorussia."

OOC: When did your representative come back :P

ooc: Ambassador Ushakov is still pouting out in the hallway, but he can't leave because the Deputy Premier is still at the meeting, although I completely forgot about him for a while.

"While we are honored by the nomination for the Presidency, we feel that this is the time that we should give someone else the ropes so to speak. I agree with the suggestion that the first President should be from Slavorussia. The Presidency should then move to the east through Bashkortostan, Bosporan, Vaule, Crimea Iso*, Altin Urda, Rossiskayan Empire, New Northern Empire and so on."

"While we are honored by the nomination for the Presidency, we feel that this is the time that we should give someone else the ropes so to speak. I agree with the suggestion that the first President should be from Slavorussia. The Presidency should then move to the east through Bashkortostan, Bosporan, Vaule, Crimea Iso*, Altin Urda, Rossiskayan Empire, New Northern Empire and so on."

OOC: Is Uralic Bashkortostan even a member of RUSSIAN yet? :lol:

Edited by Uralica

ooc: I believe so.

IC: I say no to the geographical standpoint of bringing about a successor. Not because of being a nation to be in last to recieve, but because we as a whole should choose each time. A vote among the members to choose the president. Majority wins, simple and easy and fair enough for all.

We too believe that the presidency should belong to Vaule, if they decide to not approach the seat of office, then Slavorussia should take the seat.

ooc: I believe so.

IC: I say no to the geographical standpoint of bringing about a successor. Not because of being a nation to be in last to recieve, but because we as a whole should choose each time. A vote among the members to choose the president. Majority wins, simple and easy and fair enough for all.

We too believe that the presidency should belong to Vaule, if they decide to not approach the seat of office, then Slavorussia should take the seat.

The geographical standpoint allows anyone to become a President. This is one of the purposes why we would approve that a fresh wind will go through RUSSIAN every time.

The geographical standpoint allows anyone to become a President. This is one of the purposes why we would approve that a fresh wind will go through RUSSIAN every time.

Indeed, but not every nation can handle such a responsibilty at such a time. Revolutions, chaos, wars, elections, and other dealings keep nations from holding this position.

Indeed, but not every nation can handle such a responsibilty at such a time. Revolutions, chaos, wars, elections, and other dealings keep nations from holding this position.

Perhaps a compromise would be possible.

Every 3 months the position moves to another nation closest to the standing President. Should this nation be in any kind of Internal Conflict the position will move to the next nation in row.

"We propose the selection be based on east to west Geography via the following process:

1) Geographic location

2) Once the nation is selected via geographic location, the President would be the first nation (on the East to West list) who passes a confidence vote.

eg. Round 1 :Geographic = Slavorussia; Passes confidence vote? No ---->Next Geographic nation

Round 2: Geographic = Bosporan; Passes confidence vote? Yes ----> Bosporan gains Presidency.

Vote is to be put on hold.

The west in introuble and before we make them president let us hope they live that long. A group military aid dispatch must be given out with each recieving directions and flight cooridantes. Lets not mention the deployment of thousdands of soldiers moving through each others countries.

We march, now.