The legitimacy of GMs to dictate global events.

LeVentNoir

This is a question I must ask.

At what point does ones RP intrude on an-others?

We have that question here. Obviously the group currently reducing europe to glass is quite right and ready with their RP, but due to the nature of it, it is being dictated that people totally uninvolved in it, must accept effects on their nations, or to quote a GM

[11:17am] MercyFallout[iFOK]: If LVN doesnt like [the ruling that we are in nuclear winter]

[11:17am] MercyFallout[iFOK]: he can leave

The mods, (HK47 and Stormcrow) ruled out doomsday weaponry, evidently for the reasons that it lead to a godmodded influence on other people, ie: dictating their RP.

MercyFallout has just decreed, that if I do not accept this overbearing change in my RP, I will be kicked / forced to leave.

I ask the community, what right does the GM have to force people to change their RP when no rules are being broken?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

I liked it back when RPs were so much simpler

and I think MercyFallout has the final say in CNRP. You cant be stopped posting on the RP boards but everyone can ignore you effectively kicking you out of CNRP but like load of other RPs have sprung up recently too

Gypsy repellant, supply me with more of it.

More I don't have to say.

Yes, I am annoyed at having to change my RP.

What say, due to events in india, you had to RP your entire nation blind after the GM decreed that the orbital weapon I used would have burnt out everyones eyes?

Yes it does sound stupid, but its exactly what we are faced with here. The enforcement of a shift in our RP due to the impact of unrelated RP?

GMs have the final say in all RPs in their particular domain. Especially if it is to enforce real physics in a reality based setting. This is NOT overstepping their power.

Unless you are in a world of you rown LVN.. which you can be.. if you want to be.. then you are subject to the physical laws of your world.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I agree with LeVentNor. I would like to point this out from yesterday.

First I would like to point to blatant bias towards Lavo during this war which I find quite off putting. I think we can all agree that a GM should in no way ever act in a way which makes us doubt his lack of bias. But here he is:

V_The_Projects: Have the results of the nukes been posted yet?

[12:22am] MercyFallout[iFOK]: 400 total

[12:22am] MercyFallout[iFOK]: someone do the math for me

[12:22am] MercyFallout[iFOK]: V_The_Projects, no. They go up tomorrowl

[12:22am] MercyFallout[iFOK]: I swear

[12:22am] MercyFallout[iFOK]: never

[12:22am] MercyFallout[iFOK]: ever

[12:22am] MercyFallout[iFOK]: gamble against Lavo

This is basically we have been getting since the beginning of the war from him, and whenever we attack, he seems to freak out, and it was during one of these episodes that I first heard about the doomsday machine. It seems to me that Mercy and Sargun are more interested in defending the status quo of long time players and taking revenge on other players.

I also am of the opinion that no PLAYER should ever tell another player to leave the game. Which seems to be what they have taken to doing. In my opinion this RP would do well either being totally returned to moderator control or have more GMs who are less emotional. GMs are a bad thing it they are viewed to base their decisions based on freak outs rather than on reasoning.

GMs have the final say in all RPs in their particular domain. Especially if it is to enforce real physics in a reality based setting. This is NOT overstepping their power.

Unless you are in a world of you rown LVN.. which you can be.. if you want to be.. then you are subject to the physical laws of your world.

Ok, so my orbital based doomsday weapon will render you all blind unless you never go out side?

Its perfectly physically possible, but its a godmod. It is Rping other players people. It was for these reasons that all doomsday weapons were banned.

This ruling is RPing other peoples territory, it is RPing their people.

And then, if you do not accept it? You must leave this RP world.

Heh. Those logs say he did good in his rolls, nothing more. No idea why people are complaining. Laws of physics peeps. Laws of physics.

For you, LVN, Carl Sagan and his colleagues preformed a professional test on nuclear winter. See the first topic made about this for results.

Triyun, what goes around comes around. Nukes go both ways.

Heh. Those logs say he did good in his rolls, nothing more. No idea why people are complaining. Laws of physics peeps. Laws of physics.

For you, LVN, Carl Sagan and his colleagues preformed a professional test on nuclear winter. See the first topic made about this for results.

Triyun, what goes around comes around. Nukes go both ways.

Yes, lays of physics. Please then re instate my orbital weapons, Barons cobalt weapon, and a large number of other 'physically possible' things which were removed as being unfairly powerful / forcing people to RP in certain ways (gomodding)

Yes, lays of physics. Please then re instate my orbital weapons, Barons cobalt weapon, and a large number of other 'physically possible' things which were removed as being unfairly powerful / forcing people to RP in certain ways (gomodding)

Removed because it gives one person too much power. Nukes were launched by 12...count them...12 nations. Not only that, but nukes are part of the game, orbital weapons arent.

Ok, so my orbital based doomsday weapon will render you all blind unless you never go out side?

Its perfectly physically possible, but its a godmod. It is Rping other players people. It was for these reasons that all doomsday weapons were banned.

This ruling is RPing other peoples territory, it is RPing their people.

And then, if you do not accept it? You must leave this RP world.

Nukes are not doomsday weapons unless they are abused by multiple parties in the world. They have been.

So, they are doomsday weapons now? Do they get banned? No, should the doomsday like effects be optional to RP, yes.

No, they are part of the game. They did not give power to one person, most nations have them. No, everyone shall suffer.

You cant RP that? Its not the end of the world...ish.

No, they are part of the game. They did not give power to one person, most nations have them. No, everyone shall suffer.

You cant RP that? Its not the end of the world...ish.

Actually, nuclear winter kind of is the end of the world...... And we are being forced to RP that. I'll accept people which got hit will suffer, but people uninvolved should not be forced to RP any effects.

I'm not entirely sure they can do that. They surely cant force you out of CNRP. It's obvious Mercy has let being a GM go to his head, and i personally feel that some of his and Sargun's rulings are bullcrap, but I dont say anything because its illegal to have an opinion around here.

Having said that. I don’t foresee nuclear winter. Some people are saying this is just the beginning, but because the war has been on hold for 2 days so the GM's can calculate the latest nuclear bombardment, I think people will think first before they launch more nukes.

I'm not entirely sure they can do that. They surely cant force you out of CNRP. It's obvious Mercy has let being a GM go to his head, and i personally feel that some of his and Sargun's rulings are bullcrap, but I dont say anything because its illegal to have an opinion around here.

Having said that. I don’t foresee nuclear winter. Some people are saying this is just the beginning, but because the war has been on hold for 2 days so the GM's can calculate the latest nuclear bombardment, I think people will think first before they launch more nukes.

Exactly. RPing nuclear winter should be optional, not mandatory. This is where I have the problem.

Actually, nuclear winter kind of is the end of the world...... And we are being forced to RP that. I'll accept people which got hit will suffer, but people uninvolved should not be forced to RP any effects.

You arent being forced, you're simply overlooking the fact that everyone else is RPing it. Everyone is looking to watch thier economies crumble and thier people evacuated and this destruction to be world wide. It doesnt make sense for one nation out of the 60 in the world to stand there..untouched.

RP isnt made by one person, its effected by the people around us. People can spy, or war you out of nowhere. You have to accept it and deal. You cant just say you dont recognize something of that sort. If you were to war me, and I said I didnt recognize it and went on my merry way while you made this amazing RP in invading me, would you be upset?

You're a great RPer, but another circumstance has come up and everyone is dealing with it. I see no reason why you cant.

All I see is a lot of whining and very little RPing. Mercy tries his best and you folks treat him like a fool, this is not fair.

The world is getting nuked, and although there's not just enough nukes yet for a nuclear winter, there soon will be. There's two ways to deal with this: !@#$%* or RP.

As soon as the thread is unfrozen rp can continue.

And we are being forced to RP that. I'll accept people which got hit will suffer, but people uninvolved should not be forced to RP any effects.

This. No one tells me what happens in my corner of the world if I'm not a willing participant. Ergo, skies are clear and sunny over Southern Africa because we have no nuclear winter.

All I see is a lot of whining and very little RPing. Mercy tries his best and you folks treat him like a fool, this is not fair.

The world is getting nuked, and although there's not just enough nukes yet for a nuclear winter, there soon will be. There's two ways to deal with this: !@#$%* or RP.

This come on guys we have been rp'ing in an utopia where nothing can happen to you learn to live with the fact that isn't how rp works.

Let's all remember the use of nuclear weapons in the south pacific on Sumer and in South America. All the people not involved in those rp's didn't rp nuclear winter even though there were a lot of nukes used in both those wars. The same should apply now.