The legitimacy of GMs to dictate global events.

LeVentNoir

If Peace Mode requires disarmament and absolutely no participation in global conflict.. hah.. I'm all for it. Not that I'd be in it.

I wish to note. If you guys can only play the good times, and not the bad. You're powergamers and should get out of the RP. The world isn't always perfect. I'm not even hit, I'm rping it.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all remember the use of nuclear weapons in the south pacific on Sumer and in South America. All the people not involved in those rp's didn't rp nuclear winter even though there were a lot of nukes used in both those wars. The same should apply now.

Yes. Because the mods wiped them and let you continue without learning your lessons.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people here have agreed that you must accept the consequences of your role play. The world decided to go screw each over with nuclear missiles. I'm just telling you what you've done. A number of others have pulled up how much nuclear junk needs to be detonated to cause nuclear winter.

Also, LVN. Congratulations. You learned how to misquote me. As with anyone else, you have the option of not following canon CNRP. Botha has opted to not follow the canon. You may do the same. However, the old rule still applies: Other people don't have to accept it.

Triyun, if I wanted to keep the status quo of established roleplayers, then Martens would own Germany, I would own half of East Asia, this war would not have happened, and a number of other things. Try again with a more valid argument.

Either way it is already known that once things get bad enough a reset would happen.

Also: How did Mercy dictate anything? I mean, he wasn't the one who launched nukes. lol.

First point, what and since when?

Second point, mercy said that you shall RP nuclear winter or not be recognised as CN canon.

As I had nothing to do with this ruling (I had to go get a boot fitted over my leg for a football injury all day today), I'm just going to ask Triyun not to take things out of context.

Also, Justinian, could you PM me about any of my "bullcrap" rulings? I'd like to know.

The GM doesn't have the rights to ban anyone from RP simply because the GM's don't like them or are refusing to go along with something they arn't apart of. It's that simple.

Do people have to RP the effects of global nuclear catastrophe? yes, as this will surely go to non-involved people. But the GM's Do not have the power to remove people from RP (or the map).

The GM doesn't have the rights to ban anyone from RP simply because the GM's don't like them or are refusing to go along with something they arn't apart of. It's that simple.

Do people have to RP the effects of global nuclear catastrophe? yes, as this will surely go to non-involved people. But the GM's Do not have the power to remove people from RP (or the map).

1. Yes, we do

2. The only way we can remove someone from the map is if they directly (and repeatedly) violate the rules, not because we "don't like them"

Edited by Sargun

That was a Forum moderator decision to uphold that ruling, and one that was also (for the most part) community endorsed (I remember more the one person agreeing that Niko "needed a break")

I would say that repeatedly breaking community-made rules would be community support.

So you claim, but whether or not you want to pretend you have that right still won't change the fact that banning someone from RP and removing them from the map is a community decision

Let me give you a quote from a PM that I will gladly screenshot if you want me to.

"Understood. Do what you think is best, just remember all map-bannings need to be referred through Mercy or me."

That was before I was a GM, meaning I had to ask a mod or a GM about a map banning. As I am a GM that allows me to ban someone from the map.