Still Searching for The Horizon

BringMeTheHorizon

Well I bet many people are surprised to see I made it a year. Hell I’m surprised also I made it this far, if I was truly honest. I’m still searching for the horizon, as my name is not just a band. Most people just associate it with the band. It had a two fold purpose. To reach something that can never be reached. I search for the horizon everyday.

Well for those who aren’t in the know I’ve been through some good times ill recap them for you. For those who don’t care move along you don’t have to read, and for these who care mostly friends and people who’ve gotten to know me this is for you guys.

I started out on this day a year ago making my nation. Joined MCXA for two days, then left when I read a thread on GP section of forums. Someone wanted to create an alliance called LION. So I joined LION because it sounded cool and I wasn’t down with the big alliance thing. That’s where I meet TIP and a person named Dark star. Everything in LION was going good for about a month when our Emperor TIP went severely inactive. So I decided to leave and join Andromeda. Starting a new chapter in my nations life.

Upon joining Andromeda I meet a person named Ephie the one the only. Despite what people say about him I’ve always liked him even if he did fake logs and did some other stuff. He’s a good person. [Not a place to discuss Ephies character.] Andromeda was run by the some really good people. There academy was really good and Ephie was a person who took the time out on irc to answer any questions and to help build my nation. He help me out with the economics I know today. After a few weeks in Andromeda I got in touch with one of my oldest friends in CN. A person named Darren AKA Anubis. He asked me about forming Pyramid with him. Starting the next chapter in my CN career.

Pyramid was founded by a bunch of EX-GUNers. First we decided to be “multi” Colored because at that time GGA had announced no Green team alliance would be allowed to exist on green with out there approval. So we went to MCXA for a protectorate ship to solidify us as a multi colored alliance. After long talks within the assembled government we decided to move to yellow. Pyramid grew fast and a little under four months gained past 1 million NS. And this is the time I came into Contact with DefCon, Auric Armada, FoA, ROCK, DoC, Sun and FAN. Which started another chapter in the life of BringMeTheHorizon.

DefCon, DoC and Auric Armada moved to yellow around the same time we moved to yellow. And right away as soon as we got to yellow we were bombarded by a yellow treaty. First it was all four of us, DefCon DoC AA and PY. Then it degraded to just AA and DoC. Then Pyramid and DefCon started working on YS, Yellow Speherority, that encompassed DefCon, Pyramid, FoA SUN, and a few others I forget. We set it up and it was going good. This lead to frication between me and King Vences. We would go back and fourth for a little each day. Healthy debating and such about what was best for yellow. KV had his heart in the right place but not his head.

Now FAN. FAN deserves its own little paragraph in my story. Everyone says FAN will destroy alliances on yellow no matter what. I know tons of people don’t like FAN and rightfully so but I don’t know where they got the notion FAN goes out if its way to inhibit and destroy any alliance that tries to come to yellow. Of course there was the whole AU FAN debacle. But you cant use that to prove FAN goes out of there way to kill off alliances. AU sanctioned there senator when there was no war between the alliances. It that happened between two other alliances it would be grounds for war. And war FAN did in there own capacity. Theres been alliances on yellow close to two years such as FoA. And ROCK has been around since 2007. There doing it right everyone else is doing it wrong. {Not the place to discuss FAN]

Now for the second part of Pyramid and yellow. Pyramid reached its height of 1.8 million NS and then suddenly the rug was pulled out from underneath it. Older Pyramiders left. Including me and the Two Pharaohs stepped down and the elected ones leaving for greener pastures. In little over a week Pyramid lost over 500k. The members that were left tried to stop the bleeding. To no avail.

Well after I left Pyramid I floated around for a little while, not finding a place that suited me like Pyramid did. I eventually landed in FoA. One of the yellow alliances that has been on yellow for two years. I liked FoA and was planning on staying for a bit but Darren asked me to make another alliance. So I said my goodbyes and started off again making an alliance. We formed UnderWorld, and in two weeks we had 500k. With only 10 members, and an average of 50k. Everything was going good but then just slowed down. And we decided to merge into FoA after a month of discussion. Probably the best merger I’ve ever seen happen. But alas I moved on. I cant even tell you the Alas I held for friends during that time. I’ve went from alliance to alliance just helping them improve there economics and once I was done helping them set up a better system I left. I guess I whored myself out :P for them.

Then I joined Unce probably the lolzest alliance I’ve ever been apart of. Only one line is needed to describe its awesomeness :P

So now for the shout outs. No particular order

Darren: My oldest friend in this game. You’re a kick $@! music creator keep on doin’ what you do.

Semp: My second oldest friend and oldest friend in CN. Sir you are a great person and leader. You inspired me to have fun and not take the game sop serious. I hope your life is still amazing and crack a beer for me sometime.

Nish: What can I say we had our arguments, but we just both wanted what was best for Pyramid. Ill leave it at that :P

Ethan: You are the embodiment that was Pyramid. When ever I had something I needed help with or to discuss things with you were the first person I would go to. You always had a clear head.

W1CK3D: Ahhhh wicked my emo hating friend. OMG did I just say friend :P

Agnews: My good friend, FoA will eventually be known just don’t try so hard. What I liked about FoA was that it has been around for 2 years and has been able to keep under the radar for so long.

Shogun: Why the hell did you find the need to talk to me that one night in November. I mean there was no need to help me out with my problems in real life but I’m glad you did. You are a good person and a even better friend. Thanks for keeping me together.

Shuru: There was no need for you to help me either :P you just to kind hearted. I cant believe you help me say the one thing I never thought id say to my girlfriend. All the !@#$ you got was undeserved, and you are better off now. And ill teach you to surf one day :P

Tannerous: Good man good man. Always a good person to deal with. To bad you had to step down from Pharaoh due to life. Real life takes another.

Uber: Unce Unce Unce, CN needs all the lolz it can get. Lets go ruin the game with lolz :P

Jewel: Good times on IRC. You keep me from getting bored, and you’re the person that made me not despise huggles anymore :P to bad about the time zones though.

Ephie: What can I say, you definitely deserve the !@#$ you got. But not all the hate you got. But you are a good player and are definitely did have the right way to get quality players into an alliance.

KV: Good man, heart was in right place but not always your head.

If you believe I missed you on my list of shout outs PM me and ill think about adding you.

Must everyone make a bloody anniversary thread these days? God damn the game is 3 years old, imagine the number of people posting their 1 2 or 3 year threads on here and how cluttered the forums would get. Use the blog feature or realize that this game has sucked up a whole year of your life and you shouldn't be celebrating that. Seriously everyone and their mom is posting one of these.

Must everyone make a bloody anniversary thread these days? God damn the game is 3 years old, imagine the number of people posting their 1 2 or 3 year threads on here and how cluttered the forums would get. Use the blog feature or realize that this game has sucked up a whole year of your life and you shouldn't be celebrating that. Seriously everyone and their mom is posting one of these.

take a chill pill brah, l2p

:P...

... :P ...

... :P ... :P ...

That said, I guess I should get to work on writing three of these then since I haven't been doing them.

I’m still searching for the horizon, as my name is not just a band. Most people just associate it with the band. It had a two fold purpose. To reach something that can never be reached. I search for the horizon everyday.

No it doesn't.

Well, so far, there isn't much on the OWF anyway. I mean, you've got 3 threads; one that involves NPO's fighting ability, spying, and one that's about Legion's anniversary. Everything else is Micro alliance drama, and is frankly, really stupid. The only other good thread is the Treaty work that Bob has so graciously given us, but that isn't quite a discussion thread either.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Some people really do play, and post here for fun you know.

When my time comes I am going to post one of these and give you the sole shout-out.

Man, it's really important that you've lasted a year in this game. That's pretty cool. :P

Emo culture is pretty cool. :P

I always like reading about people's experiences in this game, it's pretty cool. :P

I also like learning about the amazingly intricate philosophies behind people's names; yours was elaborately crafted, that's for sure. It's pretty cool. :P

:P

Coming up on my 2 year soon Trace, just you wait.

Um I really dislike your sig but its a free world... (I do like your avatar though haha)

On a related note, it's February 3rd. I think we can move on from January 15th now, so you can take that Are you Ready? sig down now.