Realm of The Rose

New Frontier, thank you for the vocalization of your concerns regarding the posting and intent of this weekly announcement. The motivation for such extends from the sanctity of the Writ de Credo, and the concern The Order regards for not breaking its covenants. The current leadership of the Realm does endeavor to conduct thourough background checks on each applicant. We also wish to ensure to our Writ partners and friends that we will take every step necessary to ensure cooperation and compliance with the documented purposes.

I am sorry that you feel The Order seems to have an inflated sense of self worth. This, I can assure you, is simply not the case. We intend, by posting and updating this list, a service to our allies.

Edited by Neboe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentle Persons

A commitment was made to ensure transparency of purpose and membership. I appreciate that wasted threads have permeated OWF. To that end only this thread, not weekly new threads will be updated. In addition I tried to be as specific as possible in the thread title “Realm of The Rose, Official Member and Applicant list". While some others may see merit in cute and misleading titles I felt specificity would eliminate the need for those with little interest in this information from the requirement to open this thread for viewing. I am pleased that many have chosen to view it and thus the value of the effort to keep it updated is manifest. It is not the norm for milestones for the OBR to be publicly broadcast nor do we tend towards the public accolades of hail threads. So I do beg the indulgence of Digiterra where we make a weekly update of a members list of nations that might well have prevented ill will for other alliances if this expediency had been followed in the past.

Respectfully

Squire Hime Themis

I think it's up to them to decide what is and isn't neccessary.

As much as I realize that anyone disagreeing with the OBR has to be dog piled because of some sort of "taboo", you may want to choose not to continue an argument that ended a week ago.

Put simply, I am perfectly fine with them updating the single thread, as opposed to their original plan.

Thank you New Frontier.

I would like to take a brief moment to add that The Order is embarking on a new path never before ventured upon by alliances on digiterra. That this project is wrought with challenges on many terms is certain. We wish to take steps to mitigate these challenges where possible. This thread and level of transparency is but one of those mitigations. As the Realm grows and begins to prosper, we wish to reassure our Writ partners and friends that we are taking every measure possible to comply with the tennants of that document.

I also wish to welcome the new members to the Realm, and hope that they find the Realm a safe and hospitable refuge in which each may experience exponential growth and prosperity.

If you allow me some questions.

Whats the difference between the CTC and the RotR, aside from the protecting unity?

Do you expect the same problems the CTC had to face, like ppl not respecting it?

What about ghosts, even with the membershipupdate, which is done once a week if i understand it right, you may face this problem, how will the order respond to it?

I have seen an decline in the numbers of the membership within the Order (not sure if this is just an view or an real problem, so i appologize if i´m wrong), do you expect to get new members out of the base you may build with the realm?

This asked, i wish the order the best with this project and appologize if my questions have allready been answered somewhere else.

with best wishes, from one Order to another,

respectfully

necAnt

Whats the difference between the CTC and the RotR, aside from the protecting unity?

Do you expect the same problems the CTC had to face, like ppl not respecting it?

What about ghosts, even with the membershipupdate, which is done once a week if i understand it right, you may face this problem, how will the order respond to it?

I have seen an decline in the numbers of the membership within the Order (not sure if this is just an view or an real problem, so i appologize if i´m wrong), do you expect to get new members out of the base you may build with the realm?

This asked, i wish the order the best with this project and appologize if my questions have allready been answered somewhere else.

respectfully

necAnt

I'll field one of your questions necAnt and leave the rest to the more eloquent OBR members. Blackwater will be handling all "ghosts" of the Realm of the Rose. We at Blackwater see ghosts not as a "problem" but as a delicious side effect of the project.

Gentle Persons

A commitment was made to ensure transparency of purpose and membership. I appreciate that wasted threads have permeated OWF. To that end only this thread, not weekly new threads will be updated. In addition I tried to be as specific as possible in the thread title “Realm of The Rose, Official Member and Applicant list". While some others may see merit in cute and misleading titles I felt specificity would eliminate the need for those with little interest in this information from the requirement to open this thread for viewing. I am pleased that many have chosen to view it and thus the value of the effort to keep it updated is manifest. It is not the norm for milestones for the OBR to be publicly broadcast nor do we tend towards the public accolades of hail threads. So I do beg the indulgence of Digiterra where we make a weekly update of a members list of nations that might well have prevented ill will for other alliances if this expediency had been followed in the past.

Respectfully

Squire Hime Themis

Well said as usual Hime Themis. This sums up an explanation much better than I could do.

As far as I'm concerned the OWF needs more OBR. We all know what I'd do if I had my way.... :P

respectfully

necAnt

I'll do my best to answer the other questions.

The Realm of the Rose is not only home to nations who are looking to grow in a positive environment with knowledgeable people all around them doing their best to help them out, but also to young alliances who are not ready to be out on their own. We are a friendly and helpful community. Many nations are formed that are unsure of what and where and by not aligning themselves quickly they usually get raided or harassed. We assist and teach. We're not looking for people to join the Order or Blackwater. Our strict membership policies still stand in Blackwater and the OBR. We even had some BW members relocated to the Realm who were looking for more civilian comforts.

So a major difference would be the Realm was created to assist its members in all areas whereas the CTC (from what I have read about it) is focused on arranging tech deals and securing more trades for the Citadel. The Realm is probably the closest to a normal alliance the Order has in its dominion. We just want to spread the light! A member of the Realm may choose to leave someday, but they'll leave well prepared for the outside world and carrying the friendship of the OBR and Blackwater.

I am not the best person to explain what the Realm is, but this is my interpretation.

As for the Order's membership fluctuations..

It is more noticeable when we lose a member then it is for a larger alliance, but it is often just a Knight questing or a very very old friend finally continuing a scary thing called real life. We do not worry though. We have been getting new Supplicants from Blackwater a lot lately and one has recently joined our ranks as a Page. We're not worried and the Realm is in no way an attempt to gain new OBR members.

Glad to see that Monos Archein's Deputies of Foreign Affairs are real ambitious guys. Keep up the good work.

As a government official, perhaps he need review his alliance's signatory on the Writ de Credo, especially if he was so opposed to their providing a service to their allies. As for criticizing the Order being some sort of taboo, a simple review of recent history would have quickly dispelled this claim.

It may well have simply been that the criticisms received by the Order in this case were unfounded, and thus many in the public wished to quickly address them. Or perhaps others were surprised an ally of the Order would publicly denounce a service meant for its benefit, when the issue could have been easily addressed in private channels.

---

I respect the ambition of this venture by the Order. I hope the Realm succeeds in the manner the Order wishes it to. Good luck.

Edit: Hi Craven. :)

Edited by Dan123123

"Hey everyone, let's dog pile on someone for disagreeing with us! Don't bother reading the rest of the thread, that would be stupid!"

To clarify: I have no problem with the Order's current plan of action. I merely did not think this really required another thread every week. It seems to me that someone must have agreed with me, because they have chosen to update this thread weekly instead.

It is in fact possible to disagree with someone without hating them.

Edited by New Frontier

Good New Frontier

I appreciate candour in your posts. I hope you did not feel I was as you so quaintly put it "dog piling" you. I was simply clarifying it was always the intent to only keep this single thread and update it each week. I may not have been clear enough in the initial post. MA are friends and I for one appreciate it when friends speak frankly with words of friendly suggestions. Please do keep me informed here or PM of things that you believe would improve our posting. I thank all who have made positive suggestions. See you here each Sunday.

Respectfully

Squire Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

Good New Frontier

I appreciate candour in your posts. I hope you did not feel I was as you so quaintly put it "dog piling" you. I was simply clarifying it was always the intent to only keep this single thread and update it each week. I may not have been clear enough in the initial post. MA are friends and I for one appreciate it when friends speak frankly with words of friendly suggestions. Please do keep me informed here or PM of things that you believe would improve our posting. I thank all who have made positive suggestions. See you here each Sunday.

Respectfully

Squire Hime Themis

I was actually aiming my response more at the large number of people who felt they needed to voice and revoice an opinion that had already been stated and acknowledged. Regardless of our disagreement you've been nothing but respectful and I appreciate not only your level headed response but your commitment to the project.

Good luck, good squire.

Edited by New Frontier