More Wonders soon?

iMatt

I was thinking, 8 wonders came out Nov 07, then 4 more in 2008 at some point, so that takes us up to Dec08/Jan09. We should be at another wonder addition update soon, I think. Is there anyone out there who has all off the wonders yet, or all minus 1 or 2?

I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of wonders admin will implement :D

Agriculture Development Program, Anti-Air Defense Network, Disaster Relief Agency, Foreign Airforce Base, Great Monument, Great Temple, Great University, Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo, Internet, Interstate System, Mining Industry Consortium, Movie Industry, National Environment Office, National Research Lab, National War Memorial, Nuclear Power Plant, Pentagon, Scientific Development Center, Social Security System, Space Program, Stock Market, Strategic Defense Initiative, Universal Health Care, Weapons Research Complex,

Matt Miller's wonders...

He does not have a Federal Aid Commission, a Fallout Shelter System, or Manhattan Project.

Of those the first two are generally considered useless and the third is not very useful at his size. In other words it's about time for some new wonders!

*Somebody may have more wonders than Matt Miller, but I pulled him as an example and I doubt very many people have more wonders than he does.

**I'm going out on a limb and assuming he already has a CIA, even though it is hidden.

The first is entirely useless until more people have it, then it's just basically useless. The second is actually harmful. The third is useful if he ever gets ZI'd but that could take a while.

But yeah, I'll be exactly where he is in less than six months. Be nice if there was something else to get by then.

Hopefully if/when new wonders are added they won't be only high-requirement ones. A half dozen new wonders that would mix up the established order would be nice, especially if they present opportunities to take your nation in different directions depending on which path you chose. Specifically more land buffing wonders, some economic, some military oriented. A defensive counterpart to the WRC based on total land would be much appreciated.

To be honest, I think CN admins are looking for more ways to bridge the gap between new and old players, not increase it further... I think if there is going to be an induction of +10 new wonders, the requirement for buying a wonder should be more like 15 days rather then 30...

But thats just me.

To be honest, I think CN admins are looking for more ways to bridge the gap between new and old players, not increase it further... I think if there is going to be an induction of +10 new wonders, the requirement for buying a wonder should be more like 15 days rather then 30...

But thats just me.

15 days would give a huge advantage to the older players, and they'd have those new wonders instantly.

The one per month is fine right now.

I think we definitely need some new wonders, even though I am nowhere close to filling up the current ones. Don't think admin wants the older players to get bored.

Ways to kill CN #1 - cause old time players to have nothing to do and get bored :'(

I doubt the old time players are fickle enough to leave because admin isn't releasing wonders soon. And this actually somewhat placates the (iirc large number of) people who argued that the big guys are always going to stay on top.

Ways to kill CN #2 - cause new players to have no possible chance to reach the higher rankings.

There have been a lot of suggestions to fix the 30 day rule to allow newer players to do well, but those do not appear to have been considered at all.

There have been a lot of suggestions to fix the 30 day rule to allow newer players to do well, but those do not appear to have been considered at all.

I liked Syz's suggestion where wonder purchase was done by a combo of various infra ranges and some kind of amount limitations.